PDA

View Full Version : RS6 license frame

Las Palmas
November 21st, 2006, 18:28
Any ideas on where I might find a RS6 license frame.My dealer does not have any.

JAXRS6
November 21st, 2006, 22:42
Any ideas on where I might find a RS6 license frame.My dealer does not have any.

IS there an RS6 plate frame? I've followed this board and audiworld's RS6 forum since 8/03 & never saw mention of an RS6 license plate frame. Good luck though!:thumb:

Las Palmas
November 21st, 2006, 22:52
If there is not a RS6 frame where may one find some cool frames that any of you bought.

JAXRS6
November 22nd, 2006, 01:55
Some US owners like to put European plates on the front, like these:

http://www.customgermanplates.com

I submit this only for graphics -- to illustrate. I know nothing about the company; just found them in a search.

Of course, if your vehicle is registered in a state that requires front plates, this is not an option. And I don't know what to suggest about frames
:vhmmm: :vhmmm: :vhmmm:
except that most I've seen reflect something about the owner/driver. Personally I have no plate frame. I thought about the Euro plates but decided I didn't want to drill holes through the bumper for mounting.

GEN XER
January 19th, 2010, 08:26
Is there a place that sells these plates? I cant find many sites that offer them.

JRS-RS6
January 19th, 2010, 13:03
Some US owners like to put European plates on the front, like these:

http://www.customgermanplates.com

I submit this only for graphics -- to illustrate. I know nothing about the company; just found them in a search.

Of course, if your vehicle is registered in a state that requires front plates, this is not an option. And I don't know what to suggest about frames
:vhmmm: :vhmmm: :vhmmm:
except that most I've seen reflect something about the owner/driver. Personally I have no plate frame. I thought about the Euro plates but decided I didn't want to drill holes through the bumper for mounting.

They can't be all bad checking out the site I came across this: http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/european-plate-girls.html

ttboost
January 19th, 2010, 13:11
Best I could find...

http://www.thefind.com/cars/info-audi-license-plate-frame

uncfrk
January 19th, 2010, 16:47
9119 a decal of the plate. Sorry about the quality. I'll get better pictures when it warms up and the RS6 comes out from hibernating.

MaxRS6
January 19th, 2010, 17:04
Very creative and with no drill holes I assume...:applause:

mmaturo
January 19th, 2010, 17:26
9119 a decal of the plate. Sorry about the quality. I'll get better pictures when it warms up and the RS6 comes out from hibernating.

Genius, well done.

uncfrk
January 19th, 2010, 18:31
No drilling required. I have the original in the glove compartment. It was reduced to 80% and then, trimmed to 4.5" x 9". Originally it was 6" x12". I also have a couple of copies to use as replacements if required. It's also pretty aero. It doesn't hinder the cooling by sticking 1.5" down in front of the lower cooling area.

GEN XER
January 20th, 2010, 03:29
Best I could find...

http://www.thefind.com/cars/info-audi-license-plate-frame

Thanks I found this one.

uncfrk
How did you accomplish this?

uncfrk
January 20th, 2010, 04:04
I asked them to scan my plate reducing the image to 80%. They printed it on reflective, sticky backed vinyl. It was then trimmed slightly to 4.5" x 9". Removed the backing & stuck it on. If you aren't looking for it, you don't notice it at first. Especially if it isn't parked close to another car. I worked it up on a color copier before I went to the sign maker.

GEN XER
January 20th, 2010, 04:21
I asked them to scan my plate reducing the image to 80%. They printed it on reflective, sticky backed vinyl. It was then trimmed slightly to 4.5" x 9". Removed the backing & stuck it on. If you aren't looking for it, you don't notice it at first. Especially if it isn't parked close to another car. I worked it up on a color copier before I went to the sign maker.

That's just awesome. I bet I'll get a ticket in Va for that. I think I'll find out. Did you use a national sign maker or a local company. If local, can we work something out? I can scan mine with a color copier, mail it to you and send you the cash to make it happen, if its not to much trouble. I think I could get away with this.

ben916
January 20th, 2010, 04:24
Ask Greg how long he has had his "plates" on....

:harass:

uncfrk
January 20th, 2010, 04:45
GEN XER I had the actual plate scanned for the final decal. I would think a local company that makes vinyl stickers for race cars could do it for you so you wouldn't have to part with your plate for very long. Legally, every state could have different rules. So far, I haven't been stopped and told I shouldn't do it. A lot of the more exotic car owners just don't run a front plate. They hardly ever get stopped.

GEN XER
January 20th, 2010, 05:08
GEN XER I had the actual plate scanned for the final decal. I would think a local company that makes vinyl stickers for race cars could do it for you so you wouldn't have to part with your plate for very long. Legally, every state could have different rules. So far, I haven't been stopped and told I shouldn't do it. A lot of the more exotic car owners just don't run a front plate. They hardly ever get stopped.

There is a exemption in most states that have two plates that allow "Exotic" cars from having to run the front plate. I cant get it because the RS6 is not an exotic car here. I will find a local sign maker and try and get this done.