PDA

View Full Version : allow myself, to introduce myself

jonnyg
November 21st, 2006, 15:12
I went to my local audi dealer yesterday to take a look at an RS4 they had in stock. I could not drive as the car was allocated to a buyer, but it was the first i have gotten to see in person. The exhaust note with the sport button pressed sold me. I have a modded 645 BMW with full exhaust system (+ more) and thought that it sounded just right, untill yesterday. With that being said, i will be ordering my Phantom Black/ Ebony RS4 within the next couple weeks.

My experience has taught me that there is more practical knowledge about cars on these forums than at the dealer, so looking forward to start participating and stop lurking... Thanks for your help so far...

AndyBG
November 21st, 2006, 15:15
Welcome!

Congrat's on the order !

Webbah
November 21st, 2006, 15:20
Welcome! I also ordered Phantom Black but with Black Recaro Sport Seats. Can't wait!

tazsura
November 21st, 2006, 15:22
Hi Jonnyg!:thumb:

Well done on the order. You won't be dissapointed. What version are you getting? Saloon, Avant or Conv? Either way you can't go wrong. :cheers:

Any questions you have regarding any spec issues etc will defo be answered on this forum.

Enjoy!

Taz

jonnyg
November 21st, 2006, 15:27
I like your style... The recaro seats are standard here in the U.S., i am going to add the premium package with sunroof and nav, my only debate right now is carbon fiber vs. aluminum trim... I am leaning towards the carbon fiber.

jonnyg
November 21st, 2006, 15:32
I am going with the sedan... I like the versatility of four doors, four wheel drive, and balls to the wall performance... The hardest part of this order is going to restraining from buying a slightly used car before I even place the order...

tazsura
November 21st, 2006, 15:39
I like your style... The recaro seats are standard here in the U.S., i am going to add the premium package with sunroof and nav, my only debate right now is carbon fiber vs. aluminum trim... I am leaning towards the carbon fiber.

I went for the aluminum trim in my Phantom black Avant. Just added a bit of brightness to the interior as everything else is either dark grey or black! I orginally was going to go for Piano Black wood in the car until i went to the dealer and saw the aluminium trim. Goes well with the exterior aluiminium highlights as well. RS4 buckets for me though! :rs4kiss:

IulianUM
November 21st, 2006, 17:32
Wellcome!! , Congratulations on the new baby . :cool2:

OzRS4
November 22nd, 2006, 23:42
Wlecome, Phantom Black is just awesome. Great choice. I have found the hospitality from the members of this forum is just out of this world. Enjoy.

:thumb:

jonnyg
November 23rd, 2006, 15:58
Wlecome, Phantom Black is just awesome. Great choice. I have found the hospitality from the members of this forum is just out of this world. Enjoy.

:thumb:

Thanks... I am now debating whether to order next week, or keep searching for a used around 5k miles in phantom black. If i buy used, i save the gas gussler tax and get the car discounted, but that also depends on finding a Phantom/Ebony Premium car. The other benefit is, that once i find the right car, there is no wait:incar: ... That might be the most important of all... Any input?

onelove
November 23rd, 2006, 16:51
I am going with the sedan... I like the versatility of four doors, four wheel drive, and balls to the wall performance... The hardest part of this order is going to restraining from buying a slightly used car before I even place the order...

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUTH THE AVUS SILVER ONE AT THE COLLECTION?? STICK WITH BRAND NEW. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT KNUCKLEHEAD HAD HIS HANDS ON IT BEFORE YOU.

jonnyg
November 24th, 2006, 14:05
if the collection car were phantom black, i would be driving it right now...

lcrcr
November 25th, 2006, 16:45
If you want a nice trip to the midwest, there is a phantom black RS4 (new) sitting on the Carousel lot in Iowa City right now. They've had it for two weeks or so.

- Larry

jonnyg
November 28th, 2006, 17:16
thanks for the heads up... I am going to order here, and my dealer is going to stay on the lookout for any that are delivered that they can trade for. They are one of the largest volume in the country, and it has happened before, but i am not going to count on it, so the wait begins...

BBGT2
November 28th, 2006, 21:47
Welcome and Congrats on the purchase. If you think the stock RS4 exhaust sounds good, you have to hear what it sounds like after a full setup by Milltek sounds like.
Think sexiness coming out of the exhaust pipe, its THAT good.
Do a search under RS4 Milltek video and listen to it, you will place your order before you get the car.
Again good decision and I know you will love the car as it delivers without question.

Bajo

jonnyg
November 29th, 2006, 13:34

Couldn't have said it better myself... i see some mods in my future...

gazzab
December 3rd, 2006, 11:54
Welcome and Congrats on the purchase. If you think the stock RS4 exhaust sounds good, you have to hear what it sounds like after a full setup by Milltek sounds like.
Do a search under RS4 Milltek video and listen to it, you will place your order before you get the car.
Again good decision and I know you will love the car as it delivers without question.

Bajo

Bajo, whats the cost of a Milltek exhaust?

Gazzab

gazzab
December 3rd, 2006, 11:56
Jonnyg, I think the Carbon Fibre is fantastic.

Gazzab

Heros
December 5th, 2006, 07:46
Bajo, whats the cost of a Milltek exhaust?

Gazzab

Milltek exhaust will cost 2.700.00 €:bye:

bocaRS4
December 5th, 2006, 20:08
I guess I beat you to the punch. I purchased my "used" Phantom Black RS4 from Champion in Coral springs at the begining of November. It had 1800 miles on it and was loaded. I had an e39 M5 before this and could not be happier with my purchase. Don't get me wrong, the M5 was a great car but I am still happy with the RS4. Where are you in South Florida?

Keith

jonnyg
December 6th, 2006, 14:20
You stole my car... lol... Glad to hear how happy you are with the RS4, especially after moving from the M5. That certainly speaks to the quality and performance of the Audi Beast.

I am in Delray, and attended the last E39 meet in boca with the intention of seeing your car, but don't tell the M guys that is why i went. Good time was had anyway.

Jonny