PDA

View Full Version : RS4. Sedan vs. Avant Lap times

reimon
November 20th, 2006, 16:55
Sooo, my question is....

Which one would go faster round a track, and what would be the difference in time between them??

And another question...

RS4 Sedan vs. RS Sedan with ceramic front brakes lap times??

I suposse the one with ceramic brakes is faster round a track, but what would be the difference in time between them?

IulianUM
November 21st, 2006, 23:22
reimon , did you go to the Jarama Circuit last summer ? , because there , Jordi Gené told me that the ceramic brakes were better but the "Normal" ones are the best brakes Audi has put on a car (Until the R8 , I think) and for everyday use are more than enough . That being said , if I should order the car now , I will chose the ceramic ones .;)
If that helps you the diference between tests , 100 km/h to 0 was 39m-38m for the "normal" , 35,2m-32,4m for the ceramic ones (not the same magazine).

I had a very good day at the Jarama , very fun , and all the Audi staff were superb , about Jordi , only the best .:bye:

MR USER
November 22nd, 2006, 06:45
I was in Jarama this week end for an endurance race of 8 hours.... What a circuit!!! I love it! The most slippery tarmac when whet but when dry.... o my!

As per the ceramics... less unsprung weight = better stability and performances! on the other hand if you get the ceramics you can forget about winter tyres smaller than 19 and unless you drive your car in the circuit very often i would say that the normal brakes are more than enough! I personally brought them to 600 degrees celsius after a cooling lap in barcellona and hey were performing very well!

Leadfoot
November 22nd, 2006, 08:13
The problem with the ceramic brakes are instead of the brakes going off it's now the tyres that can't cope, so at best you will only get a couple or three extra laps before they go off. And like Mr User says unless you are trackdaying all the time the benefits do not out weigh the price. That said when on the track the car will perform better on turn-in and you will get more steering feel, but it's still an expensive options that will not hold any of it's value when time comes to selling the car.

Or maybe I am coming from a different view point than most others.:thumb:

reimon
November 22nd, 2006, 08:50
reimon , did you go to the Jarama Circuit last summer ? ,

Yessss, I was there!