PDA

View Full Version : Memory Seats

skiwi
November 17th, 2006, 20:24
a new rs6 owner here...

i'm puzzled by the absence of memory seats, and the seemingly consequent loss of automatic exterior mirror dip on reverse. as i've investigated using etka and the bentley, it appears not to have been offerred on the rs6.

does anyone out there have either of these 2 features on their cars?

thanks
dave
'03 rs6
'04 allroad tdi

gjg
November 17th, 2006, 20:29
if you have the REAL seats (i.e. Recaro) , not the cheap "sport seat (with memory and downtilt)" replacement designed exclusively for american arse that you are, same as I am, SOL on the downtilt feature with reverse .....

on the other hand, rest assured that this little inconvenience is far compensated by the seating quality .... oh, did I mention the "popcorn" sound you hear every time you move your ... hiney on the exclusive "sport" seats?

Is that correct, Ben? :harass:

skiwi
November 17th, 2006, 22:48
thanks for the reply, that explains things - i'm in new zealand, and we got the euro spec 19" wheel model. i will investigate whether the controller is there (i expect it is as it is needed to drive the fold-away function). if it is i might be worth further investigation. i suspect the that recaro's are the issue, my old s8 had recaro's but they interfaced correctly to the memory controller. gives me something to work on...

gjg
November 18th, 2006, 17:48
Recaro seats (I meant the REAL ones) in rs6 have NO memory module at all, I even called the factory when I picked the car first time because the dealer did not know.

I was use to that from S6 and fact is I still miss that feature.....

skiwi
November 18th, 2006, 18:58
if i recall corectly from my s8, the memory module is not in the seat, but in the car. intriguing. i'll do some investigation...

gjg
November 21st, 2006, 22:02
it is not in rs6, if you have Recaro seats - if you'd manage to get a module (from S6/s8 or anything else) to work with them, I'd be interested

Benman
November 23rd, 2006, 00:59
Is that correct, Ben? :harass::bye2: :bye2:

Yes, George is correct. The real seats have no memory. Well worth it...

Ben:addict: