PDA

View Full Version : My waiting time has just started!!!

OzRS4
November 16th, 2006, 09:49
Hello everyone,

Just want to introduce myself officially as a new 2007 RS4 owner-to-be. I have been researching this car for some weeks and the information on this forum has been of great help for me to decide that the RS4 is the one I gotta have. There are 2 major criteria I had: 4 doors and 0-100km/h under 5 secs. There is no competition for the RS4 out there at the moment.

It will be a Phantom black with black interior. Options included sunroof and double glazed windows. Expected delivery is around late Feb 2007.....this waiting is unbearable. I want it now!! :wo:

Is there any member from Sydney,Australia on this board? I've seen some posts from Melbourne members...not much lately though.

Anyway, I hope to learn more from you all about this "best saloon" as described by many media crtitics and share my experience with you all.

QT

jasaretta
November 16th, 2006, 13:11
Welcome..I think I saw something from SYD but cant remember. The Melbouren guys have all gone very quiet but I will try and organise a Christmas lunch/drive.

If you ever get down here...make sure you say hi.

Phantom Black rocks ! :)

OzRS4
November 16th, 2006, 13:36
Welcome..I think I saw something from SYD but cant remember. The Melbouren guys have all gone very quiet but I will try and organise a Christmas lunch/drive.

If you ever get down here...make sure you say hi.

Phantom Black rocks ! :)

Hi, It's nice to hear from you and thanks for your welcoming.
I have quite a few relatives in Melbourne and I do often (well once or twice a year) drive down there. I would definitely like to meet up with the Melbourne's RS4 clan. What a sight it would be! I'm so looking forward to get the car...I had to admit to my wife mid-life crisis does exist. :lovl:

How did you manage the agony of 3-4 months waiting for delivery? please help! LOL. And that write up by Gazzab when he picked up his RS4 was so hilariously cool.

Tossing and turning between Daytona Grey and Phantom Black for days...but your comment confirmed my right choice. :thumb: Thanks.

gazzab
November 19th, 2006, 13:50
Hi ozRS4, ignore my other post, as you have answered my Q here. To be honest I had the same dilemma over colour, but PB is now very common, I know of at least 4 in Melbourne. See if your dealer has sold these 2 colours and try and see them in the flesh. There is a poster from Sydney, not sure if this forum or rs246.

Cheers Gazzab

PS Jas, have been overseas and bloody busy at work, but lets organize an outing shortly.

OzRS4
November 20th, 2006, 09:44
Hi ozRS4, ignore my other post, as you have answered my Q here. To be honest I had the same dilemma over colour, but PB is now very common, I know of at least 4 in Melbourne. See if your dealer has sold these 2 colours and try and see them in the flesh. There is a poster from Sydney, not sure if this forum or rs246.

Cheers Gazzab

PS Jas, have been overseas and bloody busy at work, but lets organize an outing shortly.

Hi Gazzab :bye:
Thanks for your post here and on the other forum. I am still glad I picked PB. My current X5 and IS200 are black too, hard to keep clean that's for sure. There's no doubt RS4 will be a rarity to see on the roads, there are so many M3 in Sydney. I did see a Daytona Gray RS4 in the showroom but was sold so I haven't even got to test drive the car yet. There is no demo RS4 in any dealer in Sydney right now!

Btw, thanks for the tip on insurance. I'll give GIO z call. Allianz couldn't give me a quote because the RS4 is over $150K and I have to go through a broker or dealer which was $3800 compared to Shannons $2800, quite a difference.

Have you done much kms on your car yet? I've been reading oil consumption is a bit of an issue with the RS4. What's your take on this?

Nice to get acquainted, Gazzab.

Cheers, QT

gazzab
November 20th, 2006, 10:00
Hi QT,

Unfortunately I had my first bingle just before buying the RS4, otherwise I would of changed to RACV, Rating 1 would of been around $2100, so I have stayed with GIO, costing me a bomb, ~ $3300, but they provide an excellent service. I would of paid around $2800 with RACV if I changed. I didn't get a quote from Shannons but here they are good in terms of service.

The oil use is very variable, I initially checked it occasionally, then got a low oil level warning at 5K, one litre topped it up, so mine used buggar all.

Unfortunately mine has developed the clutch problem and is getting fixed at the mo.

Cheers Gazzab

OzRS4
November 20th, 2006, 10:24
Hello Gazzab,
Thanks for that super quick reply...I can imagine how you drive your RS4?? :bow: So with the oil level, do you check it manually now so wait til the DIS tell you low oil warning?

I forgot to tell you Shannons's excess is $1800! I like their "agreed value" policy.

Do you know the exact problem with the clutch? Apparently, you can burn the RS4 clutch very easily if not careful how you drop the clutch at high rev. Will yours be fixed under warranty? I've got 3 years free scheduled servicing with my deal here in Sydney..that should save me a few grands I think over 3 years.

Btw, I have found 3 other RS4 forum posters from Sydney: Mirkop, GeeBee snd LucasK. May be I can start a Sydney RS4 clan and get together with the Melbourne's next year some time! Have you done much track driving in Melbourne?

Cheers, QT

gazzab
November 20th, 2006, 10:56
The clutch problem is a recognized defect, a hydraulic hose collapses under pressure, Jasaretta had the same problem.

I had the beast at Phillip Island a few weeks ago, gave her a good work out but I can't flog my cars, cost of brakes and tyres! As well you are not covered by insurance.

I check the oil occasionally, best to avoid the low oil light warning coming on.

Gazzab

BryanF
November 20th, 2006, 23:11
Welcome OzRS4 and hello to Jas and Gazzab.

Contratulations on your order.I can guarantee the wait will be worth it !!

Things have been very quiet down here in Melbourne.It must be to do with to much travel and the spring racing carnival !!!

Phantom Black sure appears to be the favorite color !!! Mine is an Avus Silver with 10k kms on the the clock.It uses about one litre of oil every 5000 kms.I pay $1800 per annum insurance with the RACV with a $1800 excess.

I'm told the double glazing significantly cuts down on external noise,something you want to hear with the "s" button on.

Jas ,Gazzab....I'm keen to catch up for a qiuck squirt before Xmas if your keen.

I had a little mishap on the weekend and ripped off some of the undertray and took out the headlight washer line.Audi have quoted $2,000 to repair.Of course they claim the parts are all unique to the RS4 !!...OUCH

Gazzab..What symptoms did your clutch exhibit prior to you having it diagnosed ?

Bryan F

gazzab
November 21st, 2006, 00:12
Bryan, suggest a date, James is also keen, but we can arrange via PM or email, and avoid clogging the system here.

I will email or PM you tonight.

Gazzab

OzRS4
November 21st, 2006, 00:31
Welcome OzRS4 and hello to Jas and Gazzab.

Contratulations on your order.I can guarantee the wait will be worth it !!....
I'm told the double glazing significantly cuts down on external noise,something you want to hear with the "s" button on.

Bryan F

G'day Bryan,

Thanks! You're making the wait even more painful!! hehee.
Trust me, all windows will be down when the S button is on. :revs:
Which oil do you all use to top up by the way?
Sorry to hear about your little mishap? Were you flying over the speed bump?? Are parts for RS4 readily available?

Nice to hear from you.

QT

gazzab
November 21st, 2006, 00:45
QT, use the Castrol Edge, can't remember the grade, I bought mine from Super Cheap Auto, not cheap, I think around $10 a litre.

Gazzab

IulianUM
November 21st, 2006, 17:41
Congrats on your order from this side of the world , youŽll gonna love it .:heart:

gazzab
November 21st, 2006, 21:06
QT, use the Castrol Edge, can't remember the grade, I bought mine from Super Cheap Auto, not cheap, I think around $10 a litre.

Gazzab

It is Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30.

Gazzab

OzRS4
November 22nd, 2006, 23:28
Congrats on your order from this side of the world , youŽll gonna love it .:heart:

Thanks IulianUM. It's sad to think I think the same about a car!!! :lovl: , we boys and our toys.

OzRS4
November 22nd, 2006, 23:37
It is Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30.

Gazzab

Thanks so much Gazzab. You've been very helpful.

M3 owner
November 23rd, 2006, 08:21
Hello OzRS4

Which dealer did u go 2 ?

OzRS4
November 23rd, 2006, 11:31
Hello OzRS4

Which dealer did u go 2 ?

I didn't go to any dealer. I used a car broking service who sourced the car for me. I don't even know which dealer it's from yet until the car is ready for delivery. The less I deal direct with dealer the better.