PDA

View Full Version : Horse Piss...

Benman
November 15th, 2006, 19:30
I'm putting this here as it is not a VAG product (although VAG related).

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2006/112_0612_2008_honda_accord

My beef? Why can Honda make a diesel that doesn't rely on horse piss that will pass Californias rediculous regulations, but Audi, Mr. "Never Follow" can't? Audi has already announced that they will indeed "follow" Mercedes and put horse piss in all of our TDIs... thank you Audi. I'm wondering if Honda's "Power of Dreams" campain has more merit than Audi's "To Lead is better than to Follow"...:vhmmm:

Seems Hondas engineers are busy leading instead of talking about it. All this despite the fact Audi is the only player in major motorsports to be using a diesel to get the job done and then fails to capitalize on their success...

Rant over...

Ben:addict:

RoelS
November 15th, 2006, 20:38
No offence, but since when are americans interested in diesels?
Instead of a proper diesel they were all getting hybrid cars (Toyota, Lexus and Honda), as far as I know.
I thought driving a diesel car was just an european thing.
Times are changing....

Audihead
November 16th, 2006, 00:08
I'm dreaming of UREA. What's wrong with "Horse Piss" Ben?:jlol:

Benman
November 16th, 2006, 01:00
What's wrong with "Horse Piss" Ben?:jlol:

Nothing if you work on a ranch. ;)

RoelS,

No offence taken. Yes, with the exception of those who buy diesel trucks to haul around their toys, 99.9% of Americans couldn't care less about diesel, well, at least as of 2-3 years ago. Now, the figure is all the down to 98.75%... ;)

Seriously, diesel, slowly but surely is gaining awareness, especially bio-diesel. It is sad that Mercedes is the first luxury brand to have a modern diesel in the States and that even Honda is claiming to have solved the CA emissions problem without having to resort to "UREA" (that be like, fancy talk and all for horse piss **says with southern twang**).

Ah well...

Ben:addict: