PDA

View Full Version : Driving the beast!

April03- GO
April 16th, 2003, 14:28
My first impression, driving the RS6. (Vs. my previous S6, (2001).

After all, every thing is very much like it used to be, is the first thought getting in to the car. After adjusting the steering wheel, this time with electric assistance, and the seat, same, same, but much nicer leather with the white “ending” details, its time to turn the ignition key.
No all the fun start, compared to the S6 this one really sounds like a V8!

Once on the road, first of all what surprises me, is at what low rpm’s I’m cruising! There is no question that this car has a complete different gearbox with a complete different gear ratio. Where the S6 needed to be kicked downed to the second gear and a lot of throttle to get a way, the RS6 does the job, much better, without changing gear still on the fourth. The Biturbo is of course is of great help to be able to deliver this kind of torque at low rews.
Were the S6 had an adaptive way to adjust the steering to speed; the RS6 is stiff at any speed. I have some question marks to my set of tyres and to alignment of the front wheels, toe-in, but this need to be reviewed after more mileage.
In respects to fuel consumption, the RS6 actually is lower than the ancestor?
I believe this comes with the low revs, and of course the “breaking in” approach from the driver, but still, I’m driving faster and have much more fun.

Benman
April 16th, 2003, 18:45
thanks for the post:cheers: a very nice little review, makes the
wait a little better:D

ben:addict:

Erik
April 16th, 2003, 21:19
Stockholm isn't safe anymore! I have to watch out! :addict:

Finnus
April 17th, 2003, 01:57
of course the “breaking in” approach from the driver, but still, I’m driving faster and have much more fun.[QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments. Keep us posted (on the performance, not on the gas mileage) after the break-in period, when you let all hell break lose!

:addict: :cheers: :addict:

Rs6s4
April 19th, 2003, 13:54
Hello there,
First time i tested the RS6 was two months ago, they brought it from the US to Dubai only for three days, and i went to Dubai and had the pleasure to drive one of the most powerful beasts on wheels, and we were lucky to get a company by a 996 BiTurbo we had lots of fun and thanx for advantage of the Tourq at 1950rpm that supported us in the crowed, that was at the same day me ordered my RS6, I loved the sound of the exhaust, which made me forget about the Bose system it got, it was one of the most fun test drive I ever had, one thing I didn't test is the Speed, it reached 260km then stopped, coz they programmed it to stop at that speed.