PDA

View Full Version : Video: 40mph to 160mph in my RS6

howardkc
November 13th, 2006, 00:50
Hey Gang... I promised this video weeks ago, but only this weekend learned how to convert the clips. That said, please follow the link to see a quick clip of my RS6 running an APR chip on the 100 octane program. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc)

EDIT: The link is down for some reason. I will update when it's available again. SO SORRY

steve
November 13th, 2006, 10:35
:bigeyes:

that is one fast RS6!

Erik
November 13th, 2006, 11:25
It moves....

Ruergard
November 13th, 2006, 17:37
Wow... that is fast!!!

ben916
November 13th, 2006, 19:35
Howard,
I am obviously a newbie to the forum. I didn't count the seconds but it seemed rather fast! Not to incriminate yourself but where could you go that fast?

On my 916 Ducati in San Diego, there is an area out in the desert that is almost 2 miles straight down and up (slightly windy) that I touched 145 and then a 'Busa passed me.

Maybe on the I-15 north towards Las Vegas, one might open it up...

I don't own one yet, just doing some homework and reading what people have to say about the RS6. So I am not flaming or knocking anyone, just reading...

Ben

howardkc
November 13th, 2006, 20:24
Thanks for the note... You'd be surprised how quickly you get up those speeds. In my own defense though, I wouldn't drive that quickly with anyone in the car or in an area where others cars are even remotely near. This particular video was shot on a rural four lane highway in northern michigan.

bbigman2000
November 14th, 2006, 00:05
superb stuff mate, loving it.

SpinEcho
November 14th, 2006, 00:10
:eek::MTM:

rubyblack
November 14th, 2006, 01:23
Kinell!!!! :wo: .....:addict: Soooooo easy too...:thumb:

Aronis
November 14th, 2006, 02:57
Nice.....

hey there are plenty of places in Northern NY were you can do that speed....just drive up and back to check for hidding staties.....and go for it......north of Albany....hour south of Platsburgh for example LOL.....

Mike

ZCD2.7T
November 15th, 2006, 20:19
Hey Gang... I promised this video weeks ago, but only this weekend learned how to convert the clips. That said, please follow the link to see a quick clip of my RS6 running an APR chip on the 100 octane program. What do you think?

What do I think??? I think your car is FLIPPIN' FAST, that's what I think! :addict:

I've also done some high-speed running on a "rural 4-lane highway in northern Michigan", but unfortunately, all I was able to confirm is that my 130 mph limiter works! ;-(

Good work - fellow Chi-towner! Bring your car to one of our GTGs sometime - if you wanna meet a bunch more Audi-dorks. ;-)

iconcls
November 15th, 2006, 23:35
... if you wanna meet a bunch more Audi-dorks. ;-)

Guess I won't be in attendance!

howardkc
November 16th, 2006, 03:04
Thanks for the kind words. We've actually met, I think... I was the guy you stopped to talk to in front of the Egg Harbor in Barrinton two summers ago. Perhaps I'll take you up on a GTG offer. Until then, take care.

moldowan
November 16th, 2006, 11:40
10 seconds 40-120 not too bad!
post some videos from outside the car! love to hear the exhaust!!!

ZCD2.7T
November 20th, 2006, 14:17
Guess I won't be in attendance!

Oh, don't be so modest. You're teh UBER-Audi-dork - the defacto leader of the pack, so to speak.

Besides, who said you'd be INVITED, anyway? ;-)

ZCD2.7T
November 20th, 2006, 14:19
Thanks for the kind words. We've actually met, I think... I was the guy you stopped to talk to in front of the Egg Harbor in Barrinton two summers ago. Perhaps I'll take you up on a GTG offer. Until then, take care.

Whoa - I hadn't made the connection!

I'm kinda surprised that you did, as a matter of fact! In any case, nice car, as I've now mentioned twice. ;-)

What part of "northern Michigan" was witness to this particular run?

We have a place on Walloon Lake, near Petoskey.