PDA

View Full Version : First R8 Locked in for New Zealand

KiwiRS4
November 12th, 2006, 09:21
Well I have had my RS4 for not even a year, since May actually and have got just under 2000 kilometres on the clock and have decided to trade it in on the new R8.

So went and saw Mark at CCS the other day and confirmed an order for one, its due here middle to late next year and will be in the range of $250K NZD which is not bad. My RS4 cost me $170 with all the toys on it.

This is one car I am REALLY looking forward to getting.

Cheers

Ned

JavierNuvolari
November 12th, 2006, 13:36
Niiiiiice! congrats on the buy mate. So....wich options did you choose for your R8?

Cheers,

Javier

KiwiRS4
November 30th, 2006, 21:22
Javier,

Cant pick the options till about March and then will get it in NZ in October timeframe next year, too long to wait for my liking.

Cost is going to be around $260,000 NZD.

I got the first S4 into NZ and the first RS4 so wanted to continue the trend and have done a deal with CCS here to get the first R8.

Means some lucky person will end up with my 2006 RS4 :) :)

Ned

gazzab
January 26th, 2007, 07:34
Congrads Ned, now I know why I don't see you posting in the RS4 area. I am keen on the R8 but wife insists I can't have an R8 as no where to put the kids, unless I use the boot!

A jealous Gazzab

AndyBG
January 26th, 2007, 12:59
Kiwi, congrat's !!

Are you going to keep RS 4 until R8 arives, or you are going to ''separate'' your self from the ''beast'' earlyer ?

KiwiRS4
April 13th, 2007, 08:55
Well been a busy couple of days. Last nite EMD the distributor had the R8 launch here at Puketutu Island, combined with a fashion show. Great event and finally got to see the car for the first time - awesome. Although there were over 200 people at the launch last nite I did get to spend a few mins fighting through the crowd to see the car.

However today since I was one of the first to put my name down I got to be one of the lucky few select customers who had a special viewing. One whole hour to explore every nook and cranny of the R8. Beautiful car to look at, wider than I thought and very comfortable to sit it. The standard seats are comfortable but I am going to go with the Recaro seats like I have in the RS4. The one thing that sold me on it was when the car was started - Holy Friggin Crap - It sounds out of this world. And then when you press the sport button the noise becomes even better :jlol: :jlol: :jlol:

Just deciding on the colours in the morning but leaning to the Jet Blue which is the same colour the concept car was. Most people here are looking at silver or Daytona Grey so I thought I would get something a bit more unique. Bang n Olufsen sound system is standard on the Kiwi cars as is the magnetic ride option. Kiwi cars are actually very well spec'd out which is great.

Have decided to order mine for a December timeframe delivery, xmas present to myself. :cheers:

Ned

gazzab
April 13th, 2007, 13:59
I am very jealous Ned.

Gazzab

KiwiRS4
April 14th, 2007, 08:31
Gazzab - My Xmas pressie to myself :) :)

Am getting it in Jet Blue with silver sideblade. Black leather interior with carbon fibre dash and interior fittings. Also getting the Recaro seats, same as I have in my RS4.

Feel free to come and have a ride when I get it in December.

Ned

gazzab
April 14th, 2007, 08:46
Hi Ned,

Only get to Auckland very occasionally, but passing thru in June or July on the way to the Cooks, will let you know if I get some time in Auckland.

Cheers mate