PDA

View Full Version : went to local AUdi dealer for deposit on RS6

peiserg
November 11th, 2006, 19:21
they wouldn't take one. said nothing's been anounced, no date blah blah blah so they can't take a deposit..though they will put me on "a list." I'm assuming that list is a post it note that is thrown in the trash the second I leave.

I did test drive a new s4, and they let me take the '03 rs6 out, though the guy was not really happy about it, when i said I was a couple months out from buying.

I've been thinking '03 rs6 the whole time, until that thread opened up on 580hp... then the wheels started to spin, the neurons start to smoke, and I hustled down to put down my deposit... oh well..

but quick question... the cars (two seperate rs6's) were 25k miles each or so, CPO, listed at 72k and 74k. seems pricey? i thought low 60's/high 50''s????? can someone comment, because i'm still shopping around for an '03 rs6 if the new one is more than 100k.

Radiation Joe
November 12th, 2006, 06:18
They'll bite.
Don't waste your time negotiating with them. Make the offer and walk out the door. They'll call you back within two days. If they try to keep you there, drop the price a $1000 every ten minutes.
They'll get the idea.
The cars are marked up 20 to 30 percent. Keep that in mind.

Good luck,
They're great cars.
Joe

moldowan
November 16th, 2006, 12:05
I'm 4th on our local and sole audi dealer here (behind some asswipe NBA dudes)
the local dealers list comprises of a pad of paper with names scratched on it-LOL
what I do is go in the dealer every 2 months or so and ask about a new rs6 so they know I'm not full of BS and really want the car!
-moldy

S6LANA
November 16th, 2006, 12:50
Not sure where you're located, but to Ben's point, that price is about $10k to $14k too high.

The new RS6 will be sweet, but my dealer last night was shocked when I told him the RS6 was coming out again. So, that tells me that US dealers have no inkling for the most part.

BTW, if your dealer is so out of touch with the RS6 price market, I might suggest finding another dealer. Sounds like they like to hose people.

Why don't you get the '03 RS6, which you will love and either sell it or trade it when the new one comes out in late '08/09?

Hy Octane
November 16th, 2006, 16:23
but my dealer last night was shocked when I told him the RS6 was coming out again. So, that tells me that US dealers have no inkling for the most part.

Even when the cars are in the showrooms, they have no clue ...