PDA

View Full Version : Mtm R8 K5??.

Iceman
November 11th, 2006, 10:49
After the MTM A8 K500 and Q7 K500 i think there will be also a MTM R8 K5??.
The 350 hp and 420 hp 4.2 V8 FSI engine have the same basic concept.
They only produce different powers by RPM.
But will that mean that with a MTM Kompressor they both get 500 hp, or will the RS4 and R8 engine have more then 500 hp, like 560 hp.

Frederic. ???

Hans.

Mr Balsen
November 11th, 2006, 12:38
Officially, I have not told you that Roland has already ordered an R8, neither the fact that R8 have been seen near MTM Workshops....

Because it is a secret and I will not share with all of you.

But if my little finger learn anything on that matter, I will let you know.....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

November 13th, 2006, 02:09
The motors are not as similar as you think. Not only is the direct injection different but the compression on the FSI motors is 12:5:1 . It is a completely different world to supercharge basically.

m3fan
November 13th, 2006, 17:55
Would it be worth to SC the V8 instead of getting the V10? It mite be cheaper to SC but you'd get a warrenty with the V10.

Iceman
November 13th, 2006, 18:02
Would it be worth to SC the V8 instead of getting the V10? It mite be cheaper to SC but you'd get a warrenty with the V10.
I would go for the 5.2 V10 FSI, it will sound a lot better.

Hans.

Mr Balsen
November 13th, 2006, 18:03
The motors are not as similar as you think. Not only is the direct injection different but the compression on the FSI motors is 12:5:1 . It is a completely different world to supercharge basically.

That's correct. But MTM is already working on supercharging the RS4. And the RS4 Engine is FSI.

Cheers,
Frederic

Erik
November 14th, 2006, 00:28
The MTM RS4 Supercharger / Kompressor is in the dyno at the moment...

November 14th, 2006, 02:12
That's correct. But MTM is already working on supercharging the RS4. And the RS4 Engine is FSI.

Cheers,
Frederic
I understand that but they want 20k+ for that supercharger, not worth it. The V10 would be cheaper to get than paying for an aftermarket blower that won't be covered under warranty.

The R8 does not have a single throttle body but dual throttle bodies, it is not the exact same motor as the RS4. Not only that, but the R8 has far more room under the bonnet which would allow for a centrifugal blower instead of the roots that MTM uses on the S4.

For the R8 to be supercharged there would be a lot of piping to go to both throttle bodies. A twin supercharger setup like what is used to supercharge the F430 might be necessary.