PDA

View Full Version : Will Rs6 finally topple the M3/M5 Hegemony?

chiphead
November 11th, 2006, 01:14
We've all read that the RS4 is better than the E46 M3er and the C5 RS6 was better than the E39 M5. However, I would like to know what you guys expect from the next RS6. Do you think it will have what it takes to beat the E60 M5?

SpinEcho
November 11th, 2006, 02:53
I'll bite, although IMHO this question is as predictable as the answer.

It will be faster in a standing start to maybe 140 km/h.

Then it may be about the same, or slightly slower to serious speeds (200 km/h and above). It will not be significantly faster.

It will accelerate better on any road that is not dry, and as a daily driver will therefore be the superior machine for anyone not living in a desert.

It will understeer more, will be significantly heavier, and will consequently be considered not to handle as well.

It will have no steering feel.

The brakes will, as the M5's, wilt under any serious use. If ceramic composite brakes are offered, they will last a bit longer, but not much.

Those who buy it will be a more intelligent, less badge-obsessed, less aspirational group than those who go for the blue and white propeller. They will know deep down inside that theirs is not as pure a driving machine, but they will bask in the satisfaction of knowing that anyone who says they bought a 4000+ lbs. sedan for a pure driving experience is either deluded or lying.

Aronis
November 11th, 2006, 03:04
Oh, Come on, that's too easy.

BMW will simply COUNTER with the M5 Plus and spank the shit out of the new RS6.

LOL

Mike

Radiation Joe
November 11th, 2006, 03:20
You know, not all Ferrari drivers are 50 something surgeons trolling for 20 something toys.
Not all Porsche drivers have Austin Powers jewelry around their necks.
Not all BMW drivers are yuppy, social climbing, a-holes.
and not all corvette drivers are hairy chested New Jersey Eye tallions.

But I could be wrong.

Aronis
November 11th, 2006, 16:04
50 something surgeons......

Not sure who that remark was aimed at....

Well at least I'm not 50 something....

And there are VERY few surgeons who can afford to buy a Ferrari FROM THEIR INCOME FROM MEDICINE......unless they are single, and rather drive a Ferrari than have a house.

Just my TWO cents.....

I'll keep watching the Medicine comments, as few people know the truth about life in healthcare and JUST HOW POOR THE RETURN on the investment is. Soon there will be plenty of 50 something physicians retiring early and all the BMW/AUDI/MB driving yuppies who'd rather make car payments than pay health insurance premiums will eventually go to the ER and find NO ONE of quality there to save their ass. Everyone wants a quality 50 something surgeon in the ER for their trauma care, but NO ONE want's to PAY FOR IT.

Mike

Radiation Joe
November 11th, 2006, 18:17
Mike,
I was just throwing out a stereotype. Maybe I could have called the Ferrari driver an orthodontist or an investment banker.
I've been saying just what you just did for years. Health care in this country has been hijacked by corporations. If it isn't the chain store hospitals and megalith insurance companies squeezing professionals, then the tort system will finish them off at some point. It really isn't the number of uninsured people causing the problem; they've always been there. When professionals had greater incomes the pro-bono work was acceptable.
I probably spun up Art as well.

RS6 Content:
Whoo-eeeee!!! 40 degree weather brings out the beast in my car.
:snow: :addict:

Aronis
November 11th, 2006, 21:59
Hey, no offense taken, but the problems in my industry are not quite that simple.

It's USE by "Customers" without appropriate payment, regardless of at what level, be it self pay, good insurance, bad insurance, medicaid or medicare. The global levels of payments for services on average have dropped below a sustainable level.

Sure HMOs have removed the "cream" from the top by cutting deals with hospital systems for cut rates, thus removing the 'extra' used to cover the cost of the underinsured, but it more complex.

The system has become more and more an entitlement and those doing the work of healthcare don't have the BALLS to say SCREW YOU to the customers, be they Insurance companies, or individual consumers of the service.

Instead of seeing the value of individual items (what ever you product) they rate the income as the total and say - well that's enough for you....well screw that....

Mike