PDA

View Full Version : Hard to think!!!!

cally
November 6th, 2006, 10:39
:rolleyes: hi, i am going to order an RS4 next month.. but i really dont know what to decide on cos thats a hell lot of money so i dont want to buy the wrong option.. this is about choosing an E90 M3 or an Rs4. I have been thinking about this question for a long time... what do u guys think. I really like the Rs4 when i first saw it but i also like the M3 ahhhh pls help help :love2: thx guys.

Erik
November 6th, 2006, 10:52
Both cars are extra-ordinary.

The next M3 is still far away. The RS4 is here, now, and the reviews are excellent.

gabbby
November 6th, 2006, 10:57
Yes ! RS4 is really better... High quality have a price and a brand name...

tazsura
November 6th, 2006, 11:36
Take a test drive in the RS4...you'll be sold straight away!

Ooohh...the noise!:music:

:rs4addict :heart:

cally
November 6th, 2006, 14:35
really??? thats cool but the bad point is that in Hong Kong the brand that is more popular is BMW but i like RS4 more and everyone was saying that how come use that much money to buy an Audi car instead of BMW.... those are the point of view in Hong Kong.. i hate it very much. in the other hand which is making me to think that long is the performance, i dont know how would the M3 like.... will it be as fast as the RS4....

tazsura
November 6th, 2006, 14:50
Cally,

I think you'll find that, apart from being excellent cars anyway, most people on this forum buy Audi's precisely because they are NOT a BMW!

Audi's are the thinkers choice, and are way cooler than BMW's. It's not to say that BMW's are not good cars, it just that we like to be different.

The E90 M3 will no doubt be very good, but it is also the obvious choice...EVERYONE will have one. The RS4 is different and a fantstic car to as well.

At the end of the day, it is down to you. Be a trend-setter or a trend-follower?

PetrolDave
November 6th, 2006, 15:23
Be a trend-setter or a trend-follower?

Trend-setter!!!:rs4kiss:

IulianUM
November 6th, 2006, 20:40
I don“t know for the M3 but the Rs4 is a "special" car , you discover that you are smiling when you drive it , and it doesn“t matter how hard you push , the feeling is there allways .:rs4addict

And at least here , beeing and Audi that nobody has seen before made it different than the BMW , and a lot of people continue to look at it even now. Never Follows . :love:

About the performance it is really hard that you , or me , reach close to the limits of both cars even on a track . (although there are some very good drivers on these forum that may disagree) :race:

Leadfoot
November 6th, 2006, 21:27
Cally,

I don't think there is a car out there that you can step into for the first time and drive it as hard as a RS4, it gives you that much confidence. But if you want a car to challenge you buy the E90 M3, it will give you many a scare and excite you in the same breath but it's still the best part of a year away so is a long wait. Based on my experience of the last M3, unless you or who ever is driving the M3 will have to be a very experienced driver to keep up with never mind beat a RS4 such is the talent of this car.

You have in a word already answered the popularity question, but where I come from there is a saying about M3 and it goes like this.

What is the similarity between piles and an M3......answer sooner or later every arsehole gets them.:hihi:

Enough said.

Audihead
November 6th, 2006, 21:50
The new M3 will be priced closer to the RS4 than it is now. So flip a Quarter or Euro piece, best 3 out 5 takes it with the excutive decision maker.:D :rs4addict

cally
November 7th, 2006, 14:47
Yeah thats what i think all the people can buy those body kit and pretend to be an M3 but RS4 people cant pretend it..... thx man. about the performance on these two cars what do u guys think. i have this web site link :

http://www.autothing.com/funthings/SpyShots/Spy%20Shots%202008/SS-08-BMW%20M3.htm

From this artical it says that the M3 will have dual-VANOS variable valve timing system what actually is that??? And for the audi it has the FSI and i am not quite sure whats that too can u tell me thx...

Heros
November 7th, 2006, 17:31
:rolleyes: hi, i am going to order an RS4 next month.. but i really dont know what to decide on cos thats a hell lot of money so i dont want to buy the wrong option.. this is about choosing an E90 M3 or an Rs4. I have been thinking about this question for a long time... what do u guys think. I really like the Rs4 when i first saw it but i also like the M3 ahhhh pls help help :love2: thx guys.
i cally i'm Heros i had the (321cv and 343 cv M3) and what I have to tell you?
m3 it's fantastic car very fast very aggressive but i don't know where you live but in North of Italy we have many rain and snow!!
to much horse in the back give always to me a kind of scared that now i miss..
I'm driving a old 500 fiat Abarth
I 'm waiting for rs4 probably in Gennuary my friend bring me to drive his rs4 and ...
Man it's fantastic feel "quattro" under your ass and 420 under your feet!!:rs4addict

Audihead
November 7th, 2006, 18:50
Yeah thats what i think all the people can buy those body kit and pretend to be an M3 but RS4 people cant pretend it..... thx man. about the performance on these two cars what do u guys think. i have this web site link :

http://www.autothing.com/funthings/SpyShots/Spy%20Shots%202008/SS-08-BMW%20M3.htm

From this artical it says that the M3 will have dual-VANOS variable valve timing system what actually is that??? And for the audi it has the FSI and i am not quite sure whats that too can u tell me thx...

VANOS LINK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VANOS

FSI LINK:
http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/tools/glossary/engine_driveline/fsi.html

cally
November 8th, 2006, 11:06
Thx alot.... dont know which one is more powerfull....

Heros
November 8th, 2006, 12:02
Thx alot.... dont know which one is more powerfull....

NO CHANCE !!! RS4 :rs4addict

cally
November 8th, 2006, 14:54
SHIT!!!!!!! the E90 M3 has 450 hp gee.... heres the link:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13203

damn....

cally
November 8th, 2006, 14:56
noooo...... i dont want that to hapen nooooooo....... i want the RS4 to kick them hahhaha

tazsura
November 8th, 2006, 15:01
Hmmm...450BHP. Impressive. I wonder if that is the power at the wheels or just the actual engine power?

Either way, we expected around the 420BHP mark. 450BHP leaves it quite close to the 500BHP M5.

Read some of the other comments on that forum...their soo funny...'Porsche steering bad...' :vhmmm: 'BMW beats it porsche counterparts 10 - 0' - LOL:harass:

Leadfoot
November 8th, 2006, 15:19

damn....

The E90 M3 with :harass:450hp. :rotflmao:There maybe a possibility that a CSL model might and I mean might produce 450hp, but even then I doubt it.

tazsura
November 8th, 2006, 16:12
Even if - and thats a VERY BIG "IF" - the E90 M3 has 450BHP, i'd still have the RS4. No question.:bye2:

sarends
November 8th, 2006, 17:52
1. New E92 M3 will be faster in a straight line (almost for sure) - it will be at least the same HP (probably more) and will (almost for sure given previous M crs) have a fatter torque band than the RS4's 4.2 V8. It will also be faster in a straight line because it will be lighter (3400 - 3500 lbs for M3 vs 3,950 for RS4).

2) RS4 is almost magnetic in it's cornering ability. It is also (almost) effortless in how hard you can push the RS4 in the corners with confidence. The new M3 is also going to be wonderful in the corners but will require more driver focus and attention to accomplish similar results as the RS4. The RS4, because of its sheer phenomenol handling, is a safer car to drive fast.

3) Price - hmmm, the M3 will probably be a little less when comparably equipped. I do not think the RS4 is overpriced for what it is. What else would you buy today that can match the RS4's capabilities? Nothing.

4) The RS4 is a 4 door sedan - which I happen to really love. The AVANT is also way cool. It is still not for certain whether there will be a sedan (E90) version of the M3 - if there is it will likely be mid to late 2008.

5) The RS4 is available NOW - Audi has a one year jump on the new M3. The new M3 will probably surpass the RS4 in many (maybe all) "0 to whatever" straight line speed tests. I think the RS4 could retain it's incredible handling edge over the new M3 on courses like the Nurburgring. The RS4 is a year ahead of the new M3. The RS4 is the best game in town today.

sarends
November 8th, 2006, 17:57
"piles"? What does that word mean?

You have in a word already answered the popularity question, but where I come from there is a saying about M3 and it goes like this.

What is the similarity between piles and an M3......answer sooner or later every arsehole gets them.:hihi:

Enough said.[/quote]

Heros
November 8th, 2006, 18:20
:

damn....

450bhp......420...500.... And..."WATH ABOUT THE DRIVER"!!!!:incar:

Leadfoot
November 8th, 2006, 21:44
"piles"? What does that word mean?

Enough said.[/quote]

Sorry mate, didn't think.

Piles mean hemorrhoids, hope this explains the joke.:thumb:

cally
November 9th, 2006, 00:51
Hehehe:mech: hope they are wrong about 450 hp hope its lower haha.. i would like to know if i bought the supercharge kit will it be too aggressive to the engine?? or its ok...

Mori
November 10th, 2006, 17:06
Like my dad says (X5 in this case): "360 horses under the bonnet but I'm the donkey behind the wheel."

gabbby
November 10th, 2006, 17:45
I doubt that the M3 wil have a 450 hp engine. It will be faster on straight line for sure. But the handling will be not really better than the RS4, just as fast for a experienced pilote.

Why ?

An RWD M3 will never beat a AWD car on the trake !

For many poeple, the RS4 will be easyer to drive fast : RS4 will be more secure than the M3, for sure.

But... let's wait for the next Audi's rockets. I think Audi will not let in peace the M3 much latter than 2009. They have killing machinery in the laboratory, I think... Quattro Gmbh is, perhaps, already working on a full featured next RS5, wich will be lot better than the M3, compelling with M5 and M6. I have seen the sell prevision table for next years, and there is some mysterious low selling car that are not named, based on the B8 platform...

But actually, and for many years, I will choose the RS4 avant as the ultimate driving car in the mountain roads. And... better designed, beutifull, sexy. More horspower ? Look at MTM kit...

Gaby

Mori
November 10th, 2006, 21:23
An RWD M3 will never beat a AWD car on the trake !

The M3 E46 beat the S4 B6 on the track in a test by Auto Motor und Sport in the dry and in the wet.

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2006, 09:24
The M3 E46 beat the S4 B6 on the track in a test by Auto Motor und Sport in the dry and in the wet.

And the opposite happened when the two were tested by TOP GEAR. Different tracks will produce different results, like-wise with different drivers. No one is saying the M3 is slower or quicker than a S4, but we should all agree that the RS4 is quicker.

As for the weight of the next M3 being (3400~3500lbs) I somehow doubt that, especially as the 335i is already 1600kgs which is only 20kgs less than the RS4. The engine, gearbox and diff will all be heavier than the 335i, I know they can use a lot more alloys in it's construction but they still have to keep their holy grail 50/50% balance so they won't be taking weight from the middle of the car.

Me thinks the next M3 will equal the RS4 on everything but not beat it. That will be the goal of the CSL, the only thing the M3 will beat it on will be the price.

Mori
November 11th, 2006, 10:14
As for the weight of the next M3 being (3400~3500lbs) I somehow doubt that, especially as the 335i is already 1600kgs which is only 20kgs less than the RS4. The engine, gearbox and diff will all be heavier than the 335i, I know they can use a lot more alloys in it's construction but they still have to keep their holy grail 50/50% balance so they won't be taking weight from the middle of the car.

Err the 335i is the one with the squential turbos? If yes then the M3 engine will weigh in at much less - take into account the weight of the turbos, intercoolers, piping, etc. All of that is a LOT of kgs.

Anyway: :rs4kiss:

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2006, 10:55
Mori,

BMW says the 335i is 70kgs lighter than a similar powered v8 engine, why should we doubt them. So unless BMW has learned to make the new M3 engine out of paper I doubt they will get within 40kgs of the 335i's engine. Also it's gearbox has to cope with even more power is again it will be heavier, like-wise the diff. Next to bodyshell, they might use some more alloy panels but to counter this it will also have extra bracing to improve it's already impressive handling (E92 models).

Check out the difference in weight between a 650i Sport and an M6, it's 70kgs and that's with all the carbon-fibre that the M6 using. Yes the engine will be heavier but it's not making up all of the increase now is it. If you go to the M5 and 550i Sport the difference is even bigger.

Iceman
November 11th, 2006, 11:04
Audi's next step will be a ± 455 hp 4.2 litre V8 FSI valve-lift engine. :dig:

Hans.

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2006, 11:12
Hans,

I take it from this that you think the return to turbos are unlikely in the smaller models at least.

Iceman
November 11th, 2006, 11:18
Hans,

I take it from this that you think the return to turbos are unlikely in the smaller models at least.
Yes, there for i still say there will not be a V10 bi-turbo in the new RS6.
I think it will be a 5.2 liter V10 FSI valve-lift engine with 500+ hp.

Hans.

Mori
November 11th, 2006, 11:21
BMW says the 335i is 70kgs lighter than a similar powered v8 engine, why should we doubt them.

Correction: BMW's marketing department probably says so. :) Any proof of this? I recall that that 1.8T weighed in with all the turbos etc. the same as the 2.8 V6.

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2006, 15:52
Correction: BMW's marketing department probably says so. :) Any proof of this? I recall that that 1.8T weighed in with all the turbos etc. the same as the 2.8 V6.

Mori,

Fair point, but you seem to be ignoring the weight difference between both the 550i/650i Sport and the M5/M6. There is no way the engine difference between 8 cylinders and 10 cylinders is 70kgs, so there has to be extra weight coming from the rest of the equipment be it transmission, diff, extra bracing on the bodyshell etc. This is not marketing, this is a fact.

Look at the GT3 over the Carrera S, one is a luxury Sportscar and the other is a all-out racer for the track/road yet there is little or no weight difference between them. The extra weight of the equipment being strengthened for the job countered the lose of luxuries like air-con etc.

If you think the M3 will buck the trend without a total rethink like Audi did with the TT then you are not firing on all cylinders. I don't for one minute think the RS6 will be lighter than the one before it or even lighter than the current S6, do you think BMW can wave a magic wand when all the other can not. I don't think so.

sarends
November 11th, 2006, 16:38
Leadfoot, I agree. I predict the new E92 M3 will weigh between 3,600 and 3,800 lbs. I bet it will be closer to 3600 than 3800 lbs.

Mori,

Fair point, but you seem to be ignoring the weight difference between both the 550i/650i Sport and the M5/M6. There is no way the engine difference between 8 cylinders and 10 cylinders is 70kgs, so there has to be extra weight coming from the rest of the equipment be it transmission, diff, extra bracing on the bodyshell etc. This is not marketing, this is a fact.

Look at the GT3 over the Carrera S, one is a luxury Sportscar and the other is a all-out racer for the track/road yet there is little or no weight difference between them. The extra weight of the equipment being strengthened for the job countered the lose of luxuries like air-con etc.

If you think the M3 will buck the trend without a total rethink like Audi did with the TT then you are not firing on all cylinders. I don't for one minute think the RS6 will be lighter than the one before it or even lighter than the current S6, do you think BMW can wave a magic wand when all the other can not. I don't think so.

Mori
November 11th, 2006, 18:14
Leadfoot, I agree. I predict the new E92 M3 will weigh between 3,600 and 3,800 lbs. I bet it will be closer to 3600 than 3800 lbs.

Then all we have left is to see how many ponies it will pump out of the new engine. :) Hopefully the :rs4addict will be able to keep its own. :incar:

cally
November 13th, 2006, 00:55
well if i had the supercharge kit with the RS4 will it be too hard on the engin?? or it will be ok....

Leadfoot
November 13th, 2006, 12:11
well if i had the supercharge kit with the RS4 will it be too hard on the engin?? or it will be ok....

Use only the best. MTMhas a supercharge kit but I believe it £10K:bigeyes: and it only produces the same power as if it was on a S4, I think. :vhmmm:

cally
November 15th, 2006, 00:51
Cool.... besides from MTM i have seen info on an sc kit in the brand name of SKN and in Hong Kong i know the place that could get this brand things, but i dont know if the products are good or not..