PDA

View Full Version : Automatic air re-circulation option....

tazsura
November 2nd, 2006, 11:13
Hi people,

Just leafing through the brochure..and saw the Automaitc air re-circulation option.

Sorry if this is a stupid question...but what exactly is this? Is it worth the £130? What's the difference between this and the standard re-circulation? :confused:

Cheerz

Taz

PetrolDave
November 2nd, 2006, 14:19
An extra sensor is fitted into the heater air intake and when that senses pollutants in the incoming air it automatically switches the heater to recirculate (and back to normal again when the pollutants go away). If you spend a lot of time in traffic queues behind diesels or smelly older cars, then it's worth ordering.

I went for it on my RS4 because my daily commute is normally in traffic queues or behind trucks. Since you're in London, I would tick the box (it's only £130 after all!).

tazsura
November 2nd, 2006, 15:18
Thanks Dave :thumb:

Top man :applause:

Charles DLF
November 3rd, 2006, 10:17
i have this in my A3 (don't even recall it being an option...), and it's a great feature. Here in paris where diesel is king (KILL ME PLEASE), it's a nice feature, when standing behind a truck in traffic jams. Just leave it on all the time, does the work very well.

Cheers

Charles