PDA

View Full Version : Question : APR chip, Miltek pipes

tsx500
November 2nd, 2006, 01:48
Can someone tell me is the APR chip considered a good one compared to others? i can get that one put in my rs6 very conveniently at a local outfit, but thats the only one they use. also how much does that chip boost hp? and does anyone out there have the Miltek downpipes and/or exhaust ? how much hp boost from those ? and if i got both the chip and downpipes/exhaust, about where would that put the 0-60 or 1/4 mile times ? thanks !:addict:

Ruergard
November 2nd, 2006, 20:25
2003 RS6 4.2T:
512hp/529lb-ft 91 Octane
520hp/538lb-ft 93 Octane

Thats the info from their homepage with only chip. But what I've heard those figures are a bit low and there might be a few ponnies more..!

dab
November 3rd, 2006, 19:46
I just had the apr chip installed both transmission/ecu on wednesday in Louisville ky. It makes a tremendous difference, snap your neck kind of torque. Actually got the esp to engage when hitting it on a corner. Never happened before. It was very reasonable 3300 installed. They are quoting me 5k for the new exhaust which will only add 20-30 hp versus the 70 hp and 123 lbs of torque for 3k(apr chip). I don't have the tuned exhaust and really do like the throaty rumble already. I do have some whistle from the turbos, which I don't know if it is good or bad.