PDA

View Full Version : sentence that should explain Lamborghini

LamboM
November 1st, 2006, 16:53
here is a sentence that I caught from Jeremy Clarkson (He is an idiot but o well
he is right) that should explain Lamborghini:
"... Lamborghinis are for people who want to move about in a big pantomime
massive western musical full of color and noise And The Hell with how fast you can go around a corner..."
And that should explain the point of lamborghini...

OfftheHeZie
November 2nd, 2006, 23:36
His automobile knowledge and experience is superb. Hardly an idiot. :rs4addict

LamboM
November 3rd, 2006, 17:25
He might have a great knowledge on cars but in general he is an idiot
Have you ever seen Top Gear?
And correct me if I'm wrong he is the one who pushed richard hammond in to the
jet car and caused him to crush in 300MPH or 480 KPH don't forget that!!!
Besides with all of that knowledge he still owns a mercedes sl55 AMG

3abdo
November 3rd, 2006, 22:20
the sl55 is a great car, see the sl65 is mostly braging rights but not much usable power in day to day situations. He baught the sl55 which looks good, very fast and it is 2 different cars in one.

BBGT2
November 4th, 2006, 06:01
I dont completely understand what he is trying to say. A Lambo (any) Lambo is more than capable around a "corner". Its not a Mustang GT or other Detroit muscle car that is (was) mainly built for straight road speeds, but rather Euro cars are built specifically for the "corner" deals which I assume he meant for the track.
As far as him being a idiot, that may be a little harsh I wish had his job, LOL.
One thing about him that I dont like and that is in his reviews of cars he tests and that is during the test he almost always praises the car a 100% only to say at the end, NAHH I dont like it.

3abdo, I have to disagree with you on your statement about the SL55 being more of a everyday car versus the SL65 only having "bragging" rights.
Having had an a SL65 briefly this year and driving my cousins SL55 more than a number of times, the driveability factor is there with both cars, the major difference is that the SL65 will spank the SL55 every day of every week.

Bajo

MR USER
November 4th, 2006, 17:45
Clarkson is just too good!!! I love Top gear and I love the fact that he does not fear showing strong opinions. something you can hardly find in journalism nowadays. Moreover he spent more time on legendary cars then any of us will ever be able to in 3 lifetimes... But I guess is just my humble opinion!

Lateknight
November 4th, 2006, 20:09

It was originally supposed to be James May who was to drive the jet car for Top Gear, according to a recent radio interview (with James May). Something to do with the irony of Captain Slow going very fast.
Hammond was only drafted in when May had other commitments on the day of filming.
Obviously Clarkson wouldn't volunteer himself would he??
He's too lardy (big) anyway. Probably couldn't find a bench seat that would fit in the dragster.:)

Leadfoot
November 5th, 2006, 09:32

LamboM,

Your a bit behind the times, Clarky now has a SLK55.:thumb: I for one wouldn't want to pitch my knowledge on cars against Mr Clarkson or anyone of the Topgear presenters........:vhmmm: OK, maybe James May.

absent
November 5th, 2006, 13:19
I dont completely understand what he is trying to say. A Lambo (any) Lambo is more than capable around a "corner". Its not a Mustang GT or other Detroit muscle car that is (was) mainly built for straight road speeds, but rather Euro cars are built specifically for the "corner" deals which I assume he meant for the track.
As far as him being a idiot, that may be a little harsh I wish had his job, LOL.
One thing about him that I dont like and that is in his reviews of cars he tests and that is during the test he almost always praises the car a 100% only to say at the end, NAHH I dont like it.

3abdo, I have to disagree with you on your statement about the SL55 being more of a everyday car versus the SL65 only having "bragging" rights.
Having had an a SL65 briefly this year and driving my cousins SL55 more than a number of times, the driveability factor is there with both cars, the major difference is that the SL65 will spank the SL55 every day of every week.

Bajo

Took the words out of my mouth...

Bingocaller
November 5th, 2006, 14:16
Clarkson might the funniest man alive? :-)

And dosnt he own an E60 M5 also?

LamboM
November 5th, 2006, 17:52
Hmmm looks like I'm under attack from all direction Now I feel like a Lambo
Ok I'll start from the top:
SLK 55 or SL55 doesn't matter they are both the same now these cars might be
fast or good but there is something a little girly the SLK might be a little less
girly but it still is

Now of course a lambo can take a corner it has an excellent heandling
And steering they are some of the best in that but it's just that lambos are
more designed to be pretty and spin heads and be the center of attention they are that kind of cars

of course Top Gear is a great show I never said I hate it I love it there are
not enough words to describe how good this show is
It's so good in fact that I even got some of my friend who don't give a damn
about cars to be glued to the screen every time this show is on

And yes I know it was supposed to be James May but he couldn't so they pushed
Richard Hammond in to it and he didn't really wanted to do it (I could be wrond there but that's what I've heard On the news)

Now maybe I was harsh on the fact that he is an idiot but come on all three of them are a little bit idiots after all that's what makes Top Gear so Damn Good!!

And I'm not sure Maybe it makes sense doesn't it?

tazsura
November 6th, 2006, 11:43
LamboM, I understand what you say about the SLK55 and the SL55. But take a drive in one and you'll be blown away.

The noise that V8 makes is something else, and the power is fantastic and gives you a real rush. I havn't driven an SLK55..but have been in the passenger seat of one that was being absolutely ragged by its driver..and to say I was impressed would be a MAJOR understatement. Having a big V8 in a car soo small is just great. Very nimble too.