PDA

View Full Version : Recaro - less room at the back?!

Ricoloco
October 27th, 2006, 23:16
About to make up my mind and order a brand new RS4 Avant instead of the S6 that I ordered last week.

The RS4 is a smaller car and I am convinced to have the bucket seats. Sat in a car with the Recaro seats today an noticed that the space at the back is everything but great. The salesman told me that the Recaro seats is bigger than the bucketseats and therefore makes the room for the backseat passengers much smaller.

Is that correct?! The Recaros are very "beefy" but arenīt the buckets that too?! The standard seats in the A4 makes the room at the back reasonable but how is it really with the buckets?!

Audihead
October 28th, 2006, 03:21
It is true. All you have to do is Google up Jeremy Clarkson's review on the RS4 and he describes the very thing you are talking about. I had no choice here in the States as to what seats I could to have, but I can tell you I'm quite happy to have the nice Recaros that are actually comfortable too.:rs4addict

KK265
October 28th, 2006, 07:29
The salesman told me that the Recaro seats is bigger than the bucketseats and therefore makes the room for the backseat passengers much smaller.

Is that correct?!!

Yes.The salesman is right.

Ricoloco
October 28th, 2006, 10:38
Ok, thanx for fast replies!

So, does anyone have a clue if there is any significant difference about the space at the backseat between a standard A4-seat and a bucketseat?!

Minou
November 2nd, 2006, 21:23
Totally agree with KK265 that recaro seats give less room in the back than the non electric buckets (thats why I have got them) but cannot answer the question about the comparison with the standard A4

tazsura
November 3rd, 2006, 11:14
Ok, thanx for fast replies!

So, does anyone have a clue if there is any significant difference about the space at the backseat between a standard A4-seat and a bucketseat?!

Ricoloco, There is a marginal difference between the Bucket seats and the standard A4 seats. The rear of the Buckets are hard, straight backed and do not have the extra knee room you get with the more shaped backs of the standard A4 seats.

I was at the dealer on Saturday for another test drive...this time in an Avant...just couldn't resist! :D and compared with an Avant courtesy car I had. Like I said though, the difference is marginal in my opinion.

I would just get down to the dealer and have a looksy for yourself though. :thumb:

:rs4kiss:

Ricoloco
November 3rd, 2006, 14:59
Went to a dealer today;

its a huge difference btw the Recaros and the buckets! Lots of space at the back with the buckets!

Now its just the color and the sport suspention Iīll have to decide about!