PDA

View Full Version : The New S3 Ordered

kelvin12382003
October 25th, 2006, 23:45
Hi All

I have put the deposit down for the S3 and the delivery the will be end of Feb as i am in Switzerland right now

here are the options below::

Silver, metallic
Door mirrors, auto-dimming and electrically folding
Flat tyre warning indicator
Interior light pack
Front centre armrest
3-spoke leather multi-function Sports steering wheel flat bottom with ‘S’ emblem
Hill hold function
Light and rain sensor pack
BOSE sound system
DVD Satellite Navigation system Plus
iPod console
Acoustic parking system - rear

I really looking forward to it though

does anyone have any comment about the option?
:race:
THanks

:s3addict: :s3addict: :s3addict:

andreadebi
October 26th, 2006, 07:41
no bucket seats?this is the Option

tazsura
October 26th, 2006, 15:28
What alloys are you getting? Standard...or the optional RS type wheels?:burnout:

Oh..and Welcome to the Forum!:race:

kelvin12382003
October 26th, 2006, 16:21
Hi

I was going to add the bucket seat but the salesman told me not to due to the fact that its going to be more diffuclt to sell afterward, so i didnt add it in the end.

the alloy for my S3 is the standard one.

LOL

AndyBG
October 26th, 2006, 16:58
Welcome!

Congratulations on your order!

Enjoy it!

RacerBice
October 27th, 2006, 13:51
The bucket seats cost 3.300 Euro in Germany and 39.300 SEK (=4.250 Euro) in Sweden. :eye: What do you think, aren't the importers effectively killing this option with pricing strategy?

kelvin12382003
October 27th, 2006, 14:34
The bucket seats cost 3.300 Euro in Germany and 39.300 SEK (=4.250 Euro) in Sweden. :eye: What do you think, aren't the importers effectively killing this option with pricing strategy?

I ARGEE:s3addict:

LOL

m3fan
October 28th, 2006, 00:25
Does anyone know it the US getting the S3?

kelvin12382003
October 29th, 2006, 13:03
Does anyone know it the US getting the S3?

According to this website
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_s3.asp

the new S3 wont be on sale in USA

:s3addict:

chiphead
October 29th, 2006, 23:26
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=3883&page_number=1

"Unfortunately, the hot 3-door Audi S3 model (with 250 bhp), isn’t headed to the U.S."

RoelS
November 7th, 2006, 20:19
Does the S3 (also A3 Q) have a Haldex 4WD (like a VW) or the Torsen system (like you get on the bigger Audi's).
I think it has the Haldex, but I do hope it has the Torsen because of the permanent 4WD, instead of the "emergency" 4WD that Haldex offers.

Edit: Congrats on your S3 by the way! Best hot hatch around!!

Lateknight
November 8th, 2006, 00:40
Does the S3 (also A3 Q) have a Haldex 4WD (like a VW) or the Torsen system (like you get on the bigger Audi's).
I think it has the Haldex, but I do hope it has the Torsen because of the permanent 4WD, instead of the "emergency" 4WD that Haldex offers.

Edit: Congrats on your S3 by the way! Best hot hatch around!!

Definately a Haldex system on the S3 (and any other transverse engined quattro - A3, TT)
Torsen is an A4/A6/A8 diff only.

Leadfoot
November 8th, 2006, 12:46
Hi

I was going to add the bucket seat but the salesman told me not to due to the fact that its going to be more diffuclt to sell afterward, so i didnt add it in the end.

the alloy for my S3 is the standard one.

LOL

kelvin,

Respect to the salesman, honesty is always the best policy. Here's a video of why he's telling you the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glDRr6NoDL8

RacerBice
November 9th, 2006, 13:40
I'm guessing that with the buckets you'd have to clean the car quite often, with people kicking the interior fittings when entering/exiting. And I can think of a lot of things funnier than car cleaning. Like watching paint dry..... :bye:

krm
November 9th, 2006, 15:36
Same problem with the MKV R32, which I have tried with identical recaro buckets fitted and it is rather difficult to get to the rear seats. The seats sure do look nice and are very comfortable though.

tazsura
November 9th, 2006, 16:04
If i was going to order the S3, I would have the buckets. I've spec'd them in my RS4 but only after a long test drive. They were very comfortable and obviously offer terrific support. Saving grace with the RS4 are the back doors however.

If the rear seats are going to be used a lot, well then the standard recaro's are probably best. On the used market however, I don't think that the Buckets would be a disaster. For sure, you aint gonna get the option price back when you do decide to sell, but I think S3 buyers are quite varied in their needs - some need the rear seats for kids whereas others just by the S3 for its hatchback rather than going for the TT. For those who don't need the back seats that often, the buckets would be a + point.

Either way though, I don't think you can go wrong. Just make sure you get it in Orange though :king:

matth76
November 17th, 2006, 19:38
They look like bucket seats in the pics :burnout: