PDA

View Full Version : Audi Quattro Spyder Reborn: Audi R4.

Iceman
October 22nd, 2006, 13:42
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/thumbs/t_audi_r4_983.jpg

info: 2010, 2 seater, transeverse mid engined, 280 hp 2.0T FSI, Quattro, steel space frame, aluminium body shell, 1200 kg, 40.000,- Euro.
And if it is nassesary (power wise) there can also be a 350-365 hp 2.5/2.6 liter turbo FSI 5 cylinder engine put in.

Off Topic: It start to look like there will be no Audi future VR6 model plans.
There is no mention of VR6 use in future Audi models.

Hans.

Erik
October 22nd, 2006, 15:24
Now who is going to buy the TT?

Toto89
October 22nd, 2006, 15:27
Sounds really niceeeee:applause: :incar: I've always loved light cars with powerful engines:dig:

SoCal
October 22nd, 2006, 20:26
:wo: :heart: Score!

Leadfoot
October 22nd, 2006, 23:29
http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/thumbs/t_audi_r4_983.jpg

Off Topic: It start to look like there will be no Audi future VR6 model plans.
There is no mention of VR6 use in future Audi models.

Hans.

If memory serves my right, I said as much a few weeks ago. VW and Audi are starting to show a separation in their engine ranges, VW going down the TSi route and Audi moving to Valve-lift technology. There will be common ground with the 4 cylinder FSi and TFSi engines but Audi are looking to return to it's roots with the 5 cylinder engines of which I think we will look a lot more of in the not to distant future.

audifan
October 23rd, 2006, 04:36
Is this the car that audi is building with KTM?

nene
October 23rd, 2006, 05:01
Looking good. I am all excited about the future. Where's that thread mentioning we're all screwed again in the future? Thank God all I worry about is the not-so-distant future. Can't prevent me from getting excited...just not overly so!!!

Bring it on Audi!

Iceman
October 23rd, 2006, 16:21
Is this the car that audi is building with KTM?
No, This wil be a 100% Cayman S beater. :thumb:
The KTM will be more in the line of a lotus, Cateram or Donkervoort.

Hans.

Benman
October 23rd, 2006, 19:00

Hans.

So you're saying Auid will build two completely different sub 3000lbs car models? Doesn't seem very "Audi". ;)

Ben:addict:

Iceman
October 23rd, 2006, 19:56
So you're saying Auid will build two completely different sub 3000lbs car models? Doesn't seem very "Audi". ;)
Ben:addict:
The R4 is planned for end 2010, by that time the TT have had his best part of his life span.
A TT3 can not get any bigger, because of the A5 coupe.
Both cars will be somekind the same, and a mid engined R4 can change that.
And a 4 and 5 cylinder turbo transeverse mid engined Quattro R4 will be a total differend car that can better compete with a car like the Cayman S or BMW Z4M.

Hans.

tailpipe
October 25th, 2006, 11:18
This R4 is sensational.

Three cheers for less weight and more power.

As for the styling. Wow. At last, a proper 21st Century Audi. Finally, the grille looks as if it belongs on the car.

Leadfoot
October 25th, 2006, 13:15
It has a fighterplane look about it. The side grilles look like engine dusts of a F14.:thumb: A very agressive looking face to see in my rear view mirror.:hahahehe:

Iceman
October 30th, 2006, 16:28
It looks better than the R8 IMHO.
And with a 365 hp 2.6 liter 5 cylinder FSI turbo engine it will be a Killer.

Hans.

Duma
October 30th, 2006, 16:41
interesting.....

Lateknight
October 30th, 2006, 18:34

Hans.

Thats why I dont think Porsche will allow it to exist.:nono:

Iceman
October 30th, 2006, 18:51
Thats why I dont think Porsche will allow it to exist.:nono:
Porsche is part owner of Volkswagen not of Audi.
If this was the case the R8 would not exist. ;)

Hans.

gabbby
October 30th, 2006, 18:59
mmmm... I'don't think this is the fact. Porsche is owner of VW, and VW is owner of Audi. No ?

Gaby

Iceman
October 30th, 2006, 19:37
mmmm... I'don't think this is the fact. Porsche is owner of VW, and VW is owner of Audi. No ?

Gaby
Not quite, Volkswagen sits in the board of directors of Audi.
A few years back they split up VAG.
Audi, Lamborghini and Seat in one part and Volkswagen, Bentley/Bugatti and Skoda in second part.

Hans.

Leadfoot
October 30th, 2006, 19:57
Hans, I think you are a bit literal to say that VAG was split into two separate part. Both are still under control of VW and as such if Porsche owns a percentage of the VW Group then in a round-about way they own a percentage of Audi and all the brand over it's control.

If you ask me, I reckon Porsche has been look for a way to kill off the 911 for years, it knows the layout is not the making of a real supercar. If the R8 kills it off then Porsche's design pens will be working feverishly to put the finishing touches to a mid-engined replace they have had waiting in the wings for years.

chiphead
October 31st, 2006, 00:07
If you ask me, I reckon Porsche has been look for a way to kill off the 911 for years, it knows the layout is not the making of a real supercar. If the R8 kills it off then Porsche's design pens will be working feverishly to put the finishing touches to a mid-engined replace they have had waiting in the wings for years.

I for one would welcome Porsche design something other than 911 sillouhette for their next sports car. Yes it is a design icon, and Porschephiles would call me a heretic, but to me the 911 shape is boring.

Iceman
November 8th, 2006, 19:34
http://media.autobild.de/bild/4/33abec98b0d45ff8bdfdf9ce5f43d534_1.jpg
Autobild's Audi R4 Article. (http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/neuheiten/artikel.php?artikel_id=12575)

Hans.

JavierNuvolari
November 11th, 2006, 15:59
Not quite, Volkswagen sits in the board of directors of Audi.
A few years back they split up VAG.
Audi, Lamborghini and Seat in one part and Volkswagen, Bentley/Bugatti and Skoda in second part.

Hans.

That was a smart move. As for the R4, if it has a transverse engine...it means that it won't be the same layout as the R8, but similar to the Miura?

Cheers all,

Javier

Iceman
November 11th, 2006, 19:06
Hans, I think you are a bit literal to say that VAG was split into two separate part. Both are still under control of VW and as such if Porsche owns a percentage of the VW Group then in a round-about way they own a percentage of Audi and all the brand over it's control.
There is a upcoming new change of the Audi Brand Group pairing of Audi, SEAT and Lamborghini could dissolve to a luxury vs. economy splitting of the brands, placeing Audi with Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini, while VW will now be paired with Skoda and SEAT.

Hans.

Leadfoot
November 12th, 2006, 13:23
There is a upcoming new change of the Audi Brand Group pairing of Audi, SEAT and Lamborghini could dissolve to a luxury vs. economy splitting of the brands, placeing Audi with Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini, while VW will now be paired with Skoda and SEAT.

Hans.

So what really would this mean. Already there is one chairman over seeing all of the brands, surely this only means he will be viewing them (luxury vs economy) separately, but this it's one man decision as to how each go forward. Likewise Porsche will still be poking it's nose into each division.