PDA

View Full Version : Rwd R8 might be coming!!!!!

Leadfoot
October 21st, 2006, 18:27
When EVO talk with Quattro Division's Boss the subject of a GT racing R8 was brought up. EVO asked the question if Audi would race the R8 in the GT series, at first he dismissed it out of hand saying that quattro is a fundamental thinking of Audi and this is not allowed in GT as with a smile he said every time we race with quattro we win and then it is banned, but later humoured the idea of a lightweight rwd R8 racing and followed this up by saying we would have to homolgate this with road versions. So obviously Audi are thinking about so watch this space.

Also with regards to the V12TDi that is penciled in for the Q7, the engine fits and the only problems at present with having the engine in the R8 is cooling. Does this sound familiar (Veyron) so likewise watch this space.

Another think, expect the V10 R8 to be a lot dearer than the V8, say something like £20K dearer, but this will most likely get Magnetic ride and R-Tronic standard, both worth over £7K as option on the V8 so the car isn't that badly price considering the extra performance on tap.

Iceman
October 22nd, 2006, 11:20
For a while there are rumours about a RWD Gallardo V8/V10.
If that is more then a rumour i see no reason why there can not be a RWD R8.
But on the other hand what is the point for it, Audi have the R10 TDI for GT/Le mans racing why make a car for a lower class.
It make more sence to developing a RWD Gallardo for GT racing.

Hans.

tazsura
October 22nd, 2006, 15:43
I wonder how much of the lux equipment Audi would get rid of in a lightweight R8?

tazsura
October 22nd, 2006, 15:45
Here's hoping.

Gallardo SV...i just can't wait!

:bow:

dsts6
November 2nd, 2006, 22:11
I'm hoping there will be a lightweight V10 option within a year after first V8s arrive.