PDA

View Full Version : R-Tronic..?

Ruergard
October 21st, 2006, 11:30
Yes, the R-Tronic. What kind of gearbox is that. I've been reading and reading to find out..(maybe in wrong places to find the fact that I wan't :vhmmm: )
Why not just clear that out!? :D

Is it a DSG gearbox, a tiptronic or maybe as a small motoringpaper that comes with a newspaper here in Sweden wrote that it's borrowed from a Lamborghini Gallardo.. E-GEAR?!

So, please give the answer. I'm having a discussion with a friend about this and I'd like to end that.. ;)

Thanks!

Leadfoot
October 21st, 2006, 12:47
Yes, the R-Tronic. What kind of gearbox is that. I've been reading and reading to find out..(maybe in wrong places to find the fact that I wan't :vhmmm: )
Why not just clear that out!? :D

Is it a DSG gearbox, a tiptronic or maybe as a small motoringpaper that comes with a newspaper here in Sweden wrote that it's borrowed from a Lamborghini Gallardo.. E-GEAR?!

So, please give the answer. I'm having a discussion with a friend about this and I'd like to end that.. ;)

Thanks!

R-Tronic is basically an up-rated version of E-gear. It is said to be a lot smoother when in auto mode and at slow speeds and also changes gear a lot quicker (55milliseconds). There is no talk about a S-Tronic/DSG gearbox coming, so price must be to expensive to produce.

Ruergard
October 21st, 2006, 12:49
R-Tronic is basically an up-rated version of E-gear. It is said to be a lot smoother when in auto mode and at slow speeds and also changes gear a lot quicker (55milliseconds). There is no talk about a S-Tronic/DSG gearbox coming, so price must be to expensive to produce.

Thanks for a fast answer, I knew I could trust you guys! :applause:
Then that gearbox sounds pretty nice... thanks!

:idea:

m3fan
October 21st, 2006, 17:43

55milliseconds SWEET! Thats fasting then the SMG3 (65milliseconds) . Still slower then the DSG( 20milliseconds) but still very fast!

quattro Gmbh
October 25th, 2006, 07:15
as far as i know smg3 shifts in 50-55 msec not 65

Toto89
October 25th, 2006, 17:32
SMG3 is the gearbox what M5 has?If yes, it's very good to have a gearbox which is twice faster than it(DSG):)