PDA

View Full Version : RS4+ is it confirmed ?

trex
October 19th, 2006, 02:36
hi all
is there any info about the RS4(plus) is it confirmed from audi??
will the power upgrade be worth the wait?

cally
October 19th, 2006, 03:07
i really dont know yet.... i want know this answer too because i might be getting an RS4 this Jan cos there are no stock in Hong Kong right now.. so do u think i should wait for the RS4 + aswell?? will the price range be a big difference?? :rs4addict

Vorsprung
October 19th, 2006, 03:13
I'm sure my response is going to come across as somewhat controversial to some...:jlol:

Firstly, no there has been no confirmation of an RS4+.
Secondly, I personally think there WILL NOT be an RS4+. I know its been rumoured on here that there will be one, but think about this...

A) RS6 to RS6+ was not that difficult to increase its power being a turbo-charged motor. RS4 being an N/A motor, its not that easy to increase it's BHP.

B) With 420BHP being produced by the RS4 already, I doubt there is much more that can come out of that V8 without putting it at risk of high-engine failures & long-term reliability problems. (Remember how there were rumours that Audi's delay in getting the RS4 into production was around reliability problems out of the 420BHP power produced from the V8?)

C) Final confirmation of this for me was the R8 coming out with the same power as the RS4. That motor is already at its optimal power (and being at 420BHP that is great power anyway!). No chance there's going to be an RS4+ producing more power than an R8!!! :nono: That would cause the R8 to become a HUGE failure. If there ever was going to be an increase in power coming from that already AMAZING V8, we would have seen it in the R8.

Fact of the matter is the RS4 has been a huge success. It rules the mid-sized saloon sports segment (M3, C55 AMG etc). Its a winner already. Yes there's another M3 coming out in the not too distant future, but I'm sure Audi will wait to see what BMW produce before retaliating.

Right now i think the boys at Audi have enough headaches worrying about developing an RS6 to better the current M5 & E63 AMG. I'm sure that's whats on the agenda in the Audi boardrooms at the moment.

just my 2 cents....:rs4kiss:

Fab
October 19th, 2006, 07:47
Sounds fair enough... I agree with that

trex
October 19th, 2006, 08:30
I'm sure my response is going to come across as somewhat controversial to some...:jlol:

Secondly, I personally think there WILL NOT be an RS4+. I know its been rumoured on here that there will be one, but think about this...

A) RS6 to RS6+ was not that difficult to increase its power being a turbo-charged motor. RS4 being an N/A motor, its not that easy to increase it's BHP.

B) With 420BHP being produced by the RS4 already, I doubt there is much more that can come out of that V8 without putting it at risk of high-engine failures & long-term reliability problems. (Remember how there were rumours that Audi's delay in getting the RS4 into production was around reliability problems out of the 420BHP power produced from the V8?)

C) Final confirmation of this for me was the R8 coming out with the same power as the RS4. That motor is already at its optimal power (and being at 420BHP that is great power anyway!). No chance there's going to be an RS4+ producing more power than an R8!!! :nono: That would cause the R8 to become a HUGE failure. If there ever was going to be an increase in power coming from that already AMAZING V8, we would have seen it in the R8.

Fact of the matter is the RS4 has been a huge success. It rules the mid-sized saloon sports segment (M3, C55 AMG etc). Its a winner already. Yes there's another M3 coming out in the not too distant future, but I'm sure Audi will wait to see what BMW produce before retaliating.

Right now i think the boys at Audi have enough headaches worrying about developing an RS6 to better the current M5 & E63 AMG. I'm sure that's whats on the agenda in the Audi boardrooms at the moment.

hope your right ,im getting one soon

AndyBG
October 19th, 2006, 16:50
You are probably wright, but I don't see big problem in case of bigger power than R8, becouse R8 isn't strongest Audi anyway, maybe V10 version will be, but for now this is the situation, and for that matter I have to remind you that RS 6+ is still strongest Audi ever.

Audi has that litle tradition of RS+ cars, I hope they will continue with it.

Toto89
October 19th, 2006, 20:21
It's definitely true that generating more power from the RS4 N/A engine is not easy, but what about a supercharged version?

Bimmerod
October 20th, 2006, 08:09

Sounds about right to me. A supercharged version would be sweet. Guess we are going to have to do that on our own :mech:

Bimmerod
:rs4addict

Erik
October 20th, 2006, 08:26
I have heard that there is a possibility to increase the hp in the RS4 V8 by changing the air inlet. How much? We will see.
I DO think there will be an RS4+ - it's a great way of earning more money and get more attention once a product/car is about the be phased out.
And I don't mind because it's always nice with special editions for comparison in the future.

I seriously doubt we will see an RS4+ with supercharger, from Audi that is. I know for sure MTM is having enough problems with theirs.

cally
October 20th, 2006, 12:14
:rs4addict with supercharge kit damn good

Leadfoot
October 20th, 2006, 19:47
I personally don't think so.

The A5 will be out first half of 2007 and with it the new dynamics that it's engine/transmission will bring. I know the current one is possibly the best version of the RS4 we have seen, but doubt it will run as long as the RS6 did with it standard and plus versions. I reckon we won't seen the current being sold along side the new A4 because by that time the S5 will be upon us and if it copys the last one, it should be quite close on power to the RS4 and that should spell the end of the RS4 reign as the best small Audi.

bobjebb
October 20th, 2006, 20:50
Tuners are confident of 440bhp once cars are loosened up a bit..

Remap only plot here:

IulianUM
October 22nd, 2006, 21:53
If I am not wrong with diferent exhausts and catalists there is an improvement in hp , and the R8 in my opinion have 440hp but to make us happy (Rs4 owners) Audi mantains the 420hp on the papers .
With all that new models coming from Audi I think that an Rs4+ is dificult to sell without damaging other new launches , but Audi has the last word .;)

sarends
November 3rd, 2006, 16:37
What kind of tuning was required to obtain these improvements?

Thx - Steve

Tuners are confident of 440bhp once cars are loosened up a bit..

Remap only plot here:

PetrolDave
November 3rd, 2006, 17:25
Latest whispers in Europe is that there is VERY UNLIKELY to be an B7 RS4+.