PDA

View Full Version : The new S6, what should i buy?!

Ricoloco
October 18th, 2006, 20:32
Seriously thinking of getting one myself. First, I was into the new CLS AMG, then the M5. Then back to basics with the RS4 and the new Allroad 4,2FSI. I´ll use the car as a daily transporter and must be able to load 4 persons with luggage. Intend to buy a real sportscar next spring so I really dont need the super-extra-fast car. I will have to let my wife drive the car sometimes aswell.....so it should be somewhat easy-to-drive....

These are some of my thoughts:

The CLS: Supergreat ûberwagen with neat design. Bad loadingcapability and a not so great bad weather/wintercar. Expensive. Fails on that.

M5: Überwagen again. Probably the fastes allround 4-doors car right now. Transmission not so great in everyday-use. Bad wintercar. Beginning to feel quite old and has a not so great luggagecompartment.

RS4 Avant: small but with the speed of light. "Old" model, not much bigger loadingcapability than the M5 or CLS. Manual gearbox (both good and bad).

New Allroad with the V8: Nice design and performance. Good loadingcapability. Dont really want the SUV-factor at all and the price, with all the extra, will be quite close to the S6.

Finally the new S6 Avant: Great performance, more easy-to-use in every weathercondition than the CLS or the M5. Stealth look, wont be an eyecatcher in the same way as the others (both good and bad of course). Downside is the pricetag and the value when I sell it....

Think lots of people have underestimated the new S6, its almost as fast as a RS6 but it is new. A great compromise between sport, comfort and "daily use index" And I´m not interested in waiting about 2 years and then maybe be able to get hold of the new RS6.

Just a question for those who have driven the new S6: how uncomfortable do you find the suspention on the new S6 is?! It doesn´t have the air suspention as the A6 4,2 and the S8.

Comments anyone, what have I missed? Am I thinking wrong?

SoCal
October 18th, 2006, 21:03
Your comments on the different cars seem right on. For S6 driving impressions, see thread "Just saw the new S6" in this forum.

Good luck.

Ricoloco
October 18th, 2006, 21:06
I´ve seen that thread. Just wanted to put it into another perspective.

Come on, need help, write down all your thoughts!!!

nene
October 18th, 2006, 21:13
Not sure you need a poll! Sounds like you have convinced yourself already.

JavierNuvolari
October 18th, 2006, 21:16
OK, I think that you should go for the S6. Why? for me the idea of a 5.2 V10 powered family car it's just awesome, and as you said on your post you don't really need the super fast car( for that you can order a new R8 next :hihi: ). I seriusly believe that your best choise is the S6....stealth, fast, can take 4 people, all weather.

Cheers and good luck with your choice,

Javier

m3fan
October 18th, 2006, 21:49
Lease the S6 then buy the RS6 when it comes out.

Ruergard
October 19th, 2006, 08:34
If you need big loadingcapacity and room for 4 people on longer trips. I would go for the S6. Great engine, room for people and luggage. And as a dailydriver, Quattro is in a class of it's own! :D

Auto
October 19th, 2006, 10:46
If it was me I would get the CLS 63 but I think the S6 would fit your needs best!

tazsura
October 19th, 2006, 11:02
I luv the CLS. It looks just soo damn cool!

But, from your requirements, it seems obvious to me that the Avant Audi's would suit you better. I would (and am!) go for the RS4. But if you do feel that this is too small, then the S6 Avant wouldn't be a bad sub! V10...hmmm...nice......:love:

AndyBG
October 19th, 2006, 16:54
Choice no. 1: S6 Avant

Choice no. 2: A6 Allroad 4.2 quattro

Best ''allrounders'' of your pointed group of cars, my choice would be between these two.

Aronis
October 20th, 2006, 01:27
My great HATE of AOA put aside, they did get it right after 4 months, I have to say the Audi S6 still has the most appeal.....does the most for you and is the least expensive.

Again, a manual transmission would be nice, but is the trany in it a DSG???

Mike

AndyBG
October 20th, 2006, 12:58
Again, a manual transmission would be nice, but is the trany in it a DSG???

Nope, it's 6-speed Tiptronic, with SPORT mode.