PDA

View Full Version : Avant or a Saloon ?

Prince Ace
October 18th, 2006, 10:05
It seems to me here in the UK (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the Avants seem to hold their value slightly better than saloons, albeit that there are more of them.

I know I personally prefer the looks of the saloon and thats why I was on the hunt for one for a long time before I bought it.

A lot of people I know feel much the same though some clearly some prefer the Avant.

I would have expected that being less of the Saloons available and even assuming the same demand, the price for a saloon may have been slightly more?
:vhmmm:

Is that the same everywhere? .... Just thinking aloud .. Anyone any comments?

CliveH
October 18th, 2006, 11:30
Well the avant was £1,000 more expensive here in the UK, as new. Is the premium significant?

tazsura
October 18th, 2006, 12:03
The RS6 was much more desirable in Avant version in the UK. Many die-hard RS fans only think that RS's should be offered in Avant only - like the original RS2 and then the RS4. A lot of our friends in the US hate the fact that they were never offerd the Avant RS6!

Its because of this reason (and the added practicality) that the Avant holds its value better. But your in the perfect position to benefit if you prefer the saloon!:jlol:

James Wyatt
October 18th, 2006, 14:21
I bought the RS6 saloon :addict: because I prefer it to the avant. However, I bought the 4.2 avant (same engine but non turbo) with the same body styling for my wife as she has a heavy right foot but did not want absolute power and we have two children and the double buggy only just fits!

When I was deciding on the car the audi service manager told me the 4.2 v8 was the best engine audi had ever produced. He also rated the RS6 above the RS4 but only just.

With regards to prices you can get a very good price on an RS6 saloon if you are prepared to haggle and be patient. From looking around and having just bought our two cars the avants are very popular and sell very quickly. I think the premium for an avant is around £2-3,000 for similar spec and mileage.

Good luck in your search, try rs246.com and top marques.

James

CliveH
October 18th, 2006, 14:30
But your in the perfect position to benefit if you prefer the saloon!:jlol:

That suits me just fine...:thumb:

nene
October 18th, 2006, 14:36
I don't think you can go wrong with either. If we in the US had a choice, I still don't know today which I would have picked. I just find them both so sexy!

Benman
October 18th, 2006, 15:53
If we in the US had a choice, I still don't know today which I would have picked.

That wouldn't be a problem for me... Avant!:dance: ;)

As Nene says, can't lose either way, buy what YOU like, not what others think is best... in other words, BUY THE AVANT! :D

Ben:addict:

AndyBG
October 18th, 2006, 15:58
It's just your perdonal choice, either way you go, you can't get wrong.

:addict: