PDA

View Full Version : More questions...

CliveH
October 18th, 2006, 09:32
I currently own a B5 S4 and we have all sorts of potential problems with air leaks and overboost. The main culprits for this are broken diverter valves, split hoses (throttle body boot, and F-pipe being the usual suspects), boost pressure regulator valve. The MAF can also have a very short life :doh: (I assume the RS6 has 2 of these, with the twin air intakes).

The cures for these problems are fairly simple - replace hoses with silicon or metal items, and replace DVs with stronger versions.

I was just wondering if the RS6 has any issues like this, and if so, how are they dealt with?

Benman
October 18th, 2006, 15:46
I was just wondering if the RS6 has any issues like this, and if so, how are they dealt with?
None that I'm aware of. Issues for the RS 6 seem to be more along the lines of turbo, DRC, power "limp" mode glitches in the electronics versus the MAF/air leaks/DV that the B5 seems to have. I'm sure others will chime in. ;)

Ben:addict:

SoCal
October 18th, 2006, 20:57
I currently own a B5 S4 and we have all sorts of potential problems with air leaks and overboost.

No, those were mainly S4 issues. What Ben says is correct.:mech:

CliveH
October 18th, 2006, 22:32
Thanks guys, good to know.

It seems the DRC is the most common problem, reading elsewhere.
Is it easily rectified and covered by Audi warranty?

SoCal
October 18th, 2006, 22:55
Thanks guys, good to know.

It seems the DRC is the most common problem, reading elsewhere.
Is it easily rectified and covered by Audi warranty?

It is covered by the warranty (if the car is still under warranty) but it is not easily rectified. That is why the RS6 owners who have experienced DRC problems have contributed so many long, helpful and detailed tales of woe to the boards. I personally have had no suspension issues, happily.

Note that most RS6 cars do not have any DRC problems, but you should definitely be alert to leaky shocks or bounciness in looking at these as used cars. If the DRC system has been repaired (which includes the shocks and central valve), ask about how it was done.

CliveH
October 19th, 2006, 20:32
Does the RS6 use the stronger 710N DV's?