PDA

View Full Version : Can a chipped RS6 beat E63, M5 V10 or a E55

AuditudeA642
October 18th, 2006, 01:42
I am looking at buying an RS6 in the near future. If i chip it and do an exhaust can it beat a M5 V10 or the new MB E63?

JavierNuvolari
October 18th, 2006, 01:49
I think that you would need to do a few more things to it, maybe by doing those 2 things you'll beat them from standing still, but later on they will pass you. From rolling start I would guess that the RS6 could not keep up for long.

Cheers,

Javier

audirs6sport
October 18th, 2006, 08:30
I am looking at buying an RS6 in the near future. If i chip it and do an exhaust can it beat a M5 V10 or the new MB E63?

It would all depend upon which software you decide to go with, as well as the exhaust system. I can guarentee you that 90% of them do not give a "real" power increase that they state. I would certainly put them all on a good dyno test.

Ruergard
October 18th, 2006, 11:19
I don't think so. Not only chipped. Those cars are RWD and will still be much faster in higher speeds. But from 0 you will get ahead. Quattro!

AndyBG
October 18th, 2006, 15:52
With nicely chiped RS 6, you can play with them ''from light to light'' and on short distances, but on the ''open road'' no chip can help you...

howardkc
October 18th, 2006, 19:01
From first hand experience, I can say that my APR chipped RS6 pulled away from 2 different V10 M5's at varying highway speeds (75mph up to 140mph). However, and this is the big kicker, I run the 100 octane program year round. I've also walked away from a Gallardo on the highway with ease.

JavierNuvolari
October 18th, 2006, 19:03
From first hand experience, I can say that my APR chipped RS6 pulled away from 2 different V10 M5's at varying highway speeds (75mph up to 140mph). However, and this is the big kicker, I run the 100 octane program year round. I've also walked away from a Gallardo on the highway with ease.

Impressive! post some vids of those kills when you can, and welcome to the forum :cheers: .

Saludos,

Javier

Ruergard
October 18th, 2006, 20:12

That sounds indredible! Do you have any videos on the speedo when accelerating or maybe racing some car? If you do, please post them! :bow:

EDIT: Welcome to the board! :)

howardkc
October 18th, 2006, 20:54
Actually, I do. I need to locate a few of the vids I took last fall. They're just speedo shots, no racing. But, they're clips of me doing 50mph to 155+mph a few times. Hopefully you guys will be able to see the HUGE difference 100 octane fuel makes in the right application, it's spectacular.

Quick question though, what do I need to do to convert mini-dvd's from a sony camcorder to clips that can be posted? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Ruergard
October 19th, 2006, 08:37
Actually, I do. I need to locate a few of the vids I took last fall. They're just speedo shots, no racing. But, they're clips of me doing 50mph to 155+mph a few times. Hopefully you guys will be able to see the HUGE difference 100 octane fuel makes in the right application, it's spectacular.

Quick question though, what do I need to do to convert mini-dvd's from a sony camcorder to clips that can be posted? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Sounds great! Hope you find them!

About the converting... I aint got any ideas. If i come up with something, I will post them! ;)

Skaala
October 19th, 2006, 13:34
just race them at winter time, then they can't touch you ;)

bbigman2000
October 19th, 2006, 19:36
It certainly wouldnt be far away with a remap and exhaust.

Which would make the rs6 a 190mph car !

But the M5 is a 200mph car !!

Toto89
October 19th, 2006, 20:11
About converting:I advise to use Nero (7.5 is the best) to save minidvd content to your computer and then convert it with exporting the vid to file.

audirs6sport
October 20th, 2006, 10:06
I don't think so. Not only chipped. Those cars are RWD and will still be much faster in higher speeds. But from 0 you will get ahead. Quattro!

trust me, they are not as fast as you think they would be.

Ruergard
October 20th, 2006, 17:34
trust me, they are not as fast as you think they would be.

Well I havn't experienced it myself. But in all videos I have seen the M5 has been a real monster over 200 km/h.

But I would gladly see a video where a chipped or remapped RS6 beat a M5 in higher speeds.. what I've seen in videos so far I really cant see that scenario.. :confused: :cry:

Leadfoot
October 20th, 2006, 23:12
It's possible, but not with just a chip and exhaust. Gut feeling is that you would need the best part of 560-570hp at the engine to stand a chance and even then it wouldn't be a sure thing. When you take into account how much the awd and auto would take from what would reach the wheels.

Just look at the AMG Mercs, a E55 can't do it and it near enough equals an M5 on power and destroys it on torque, so what chance would a chipped RS6 have.

See my point.

gjg
October 21st, 2006, 08:41
Well I havn't experienced it myself. But in all videos I have seen the M5 has been a real monster over 200 km/h.

this is depending on several factors - mainly driver (!), road conditions, traffic, etc. - I would not, even remotely, take it for granted that M5 (or AMG for that matter) will "eat" rs6 alive. no way - btdt. And specially when it gets colder ... :wo:

Try MTM's chipset - above 200 km/h, wot, you'll hope the seat mounts will hold .. :MTM:

On track it maybe different story. However I use beast as my daily driver...

Ruergard
October 21st, 2006, 10:24
Ofcourse the weather conditions is important factor. But I was talking about a dry road... In winter it's just a case of good bye mr bond! ;)

But on a dry road and say, 150 km/h and pedal to the metall. I still don't think that the beast can keep up... RWD, 507 ponnies and a very fast gearbox.. :/

As Leadfoot say, maybe with more things done. So that you've got maybe, 570-580 horsepowers the beast could keep up. But still.. I find that hard to see. M5 runs almost neck and neck with Gallardos (500 horsepowers and pretty much lighter than the RS6) in higher speeds.. AWD and that gearbox doesn't do any good in those conditions.. :(

But I'm really looking forward to howardkc videos of his RS6. Seems like his car goes like stig! As he wrote, he walked M5's and a Gallardo on the highway. :MTM:

I'm just hoping I'm wrong... and someone prooves to me that a RS6 could walk a M5 on the highway.. it would as a Audi fan make my day! :D :hahahehe:

:addict:

howardkc
October 21st, 2006, 15:08
Hello everyone... I fooled around with my videos last night of WOT in the 100 octane beast, but to no avail. Is there a simpler way to take a DVD vidoe and convert it to something that I can share with all of you?

Regardless, I love the passion that we all have for our cars. The stories that I share of racing M5's and Gallardo's are very true. That said, I will get the video up of my car doing blasts to 155mph+ as soon as possible. In the meantime though, I've copied my account of the race with the Gallardo last winter. I was so blown away by the results of this tangle that I literally came home, jumped on the computer and posted on audiworld. It's a good read and 100% true.

My Tangle With a Gallardo-

Alright guys, here's the story.. Minding my own business this evening as I returned from a disaster of a day of shopping at Woodfield mall (NW suburban Chicago), I happened upon a beautiful yellow Lamborghini Gallardo shortly after I passed through the O'Hare toll booth on my way back to the city. Being quite surprised to see an exotic such as this on such a below-average day in Chicago, I approached from the rear cautiously so as to not offend or seem overly aggressive. Noting the unique angles and gorgeous sound of the exhaust at approximately 60 mph (I'm assuming he was in 3rd gear), I tapped the throttle and pulled up even to the drivers side door to get a better look. Sensing the presence of something "slightly out of the ordinary", the driver of the Gallardo gave a quick glance, a smile and then down-shifted into 2nd gear and tore through the upper echelon of his 8100rpm 2nd gear and shifted into 3rd while topping out at what I'd assume was about 125 mph (btw, did you know that the Gallardo emits a brief "blurb" of blue fire from its exhaust as it shifts gears under full throttle?). With a huge smile on my face and his, he slowed to my pace, gave me the thumbs up and it was on... Now this is where I need to preface a few important details: for one, the tollway was extremely barren this evening. Two, I'm not one to put anyone in harms way; this tangle was side by side with no weaving or extreme braking occurring at any time. Three, my RS6 is APR chipped and runs 100 octane year round... That said, he dropped the hammer first at approximately 70 mph (we were both in 3rd gear) and quickly pulled a half a car length ahead. However, as soon as my boost peaked, I convincingly pulled even and then pulled ahead by 1.5 car lengths before we both shut it down at approximately 115mph. We did this "tagno" three more times, each with the same results (from approximately the same start and ending speeds) all the while sharing big smiles and thumbs-up. At one point actually, we slowed to a pace that would allow the Gallardo a 2nd gear jump (I stayed in 3rd) and once again, the RS6 pulled strongly ahead with no signs of letting up. Even on our last run, with my temperature gauge showing well above my usual comfort level, the Audi pulled quickly ahead. None the less, I share this story with all of you for a very simple reason; I'm quite frankly shocked. I mean, I've had highway tangles with Z06's (walked on all of them) and even once played with a 996 TT (too brief of an encounter to tell), but a Gallardo??!!! My question to all of you is this, should a chipped RS6 be able to pull on such a highly rated and seemingly one dimensional beast of an exotic or is my experience unique? Thoughts, comments and stories of similar experiences welcome!

Ruergard
October 21st, 2006, 16:34
That is a amazing story. I need to see the videos now!! :D

mmaturo
October 21st, 2006, 21:06
I took one three times in a row. Easily. Curious about the top end but never been on the open road with one. Was on the track once with one but never lined up near him so did not get to try. Fellow stock RS6 did and RS6 took him in the turns but M5 slightly pulled away in the straights but nothing dramatic.

audirs6sport
October 22nd, 2006, 09:25
It's possible, but not with just a chip and exhaust. Gut feeling is that you would need the best part of 560-570hp at the engine to stand a chance and even then it wouldn't be a sure thing. When you take into account how much the awd and auto would take from what would reach the wheels.

Just look at the AMG Mercs, a E55 can't do it and it near enough equals an M5 on power and destroys it on torque, so what chance would a chipped RS6 have.

See my point.

I would take that back, all of my e55 friends are scared of my rs6 :hihi: Once again, it really depends on the fuel you run and who does your software and exhaust. ALOT of the "TUNERS" "CLAIM" alot of "things" :D

s42ski
October 23rd, 2006, 01:38
rs6sport

gotta ask - what software and mods are your currently running- and where doyou get the high octane gas ?

audirs6sport
October 25th, 2006, 11:12
rs6sport

gotta ask - what software and mods are your currently running- and where doyou get the high octane gas ?

pm me, and we'll talk.

jazmonster
October 30th, 2006, 22:12
I shared this on the other board... and was riduculed for my 17 year-old writing style! Ha!

The stock RS, on regular 91 octane can hang with the M5. The RS will lose, no question, on the open highway. I raced one from a rolling 60-70mph start, and I dropped the hammer first.

He was on my ass quickly, and looking for daylight to come around me as we approached 130-140mph. All I could see was his lights, lighting up my significant amount of exhaust smoke (btw, is this normal...? I've only seen it when racing and another car is lighting up my exhaust)

The M5 was impressive, no doubt. On city streets, the M5 would get pissed at losing, but give it room and its gonna go by. I watched the one I was racing, take off down a side street, and he nailed the corner at 60... like it was easy. I don't know about its handling... but it sure looked confident!

HOWEVER, I went to the BMW dealer two days ago to see the car up close.

Nope. Sorry. Don't see it. Don't get it. The interior is just ugly. Too much movement in the design, not clean at all. No rear seat room. The overall body just doesn't look that impressive. talk about understated... to the point of bland.

When you put exhaust on the M5, the car sounds like a Ferrari... no shit. F1 style.
:addict:

gjg
October 30th, 2006, 23:20
The RS will lose, no question, on the open highway.

I'd dissagree with this one - at least not in this part of the world. It's pretty much even stock/stock (+ on my side) on highway. Running Shell 100 oct (96-97 US). btdt more than once :thumb: