PDA

View Full Version : Took the smug out of an M3

newmarketnow
October 17th, 2006, 13:21
Last weekend driving through Southern (rural) New York in my de-badged APR'd software RS6, I came up behind a fairly new M3 on a 3 lane highway and noticed it's exhaust bouncing too much over the slight bumps.
Pulled along side and gestured the passenger to roll down the window so that I could inform the driver of the loose exhaust. The driver is not even looking at me and is talking to the passenger with a smirk on his face. He continues to talk to the passenger and I realize that he must saying that the Audi driver must be impressed with the M3 and assumes that I will asking the "...what year is it, how much did it cost, sweet ride, blah, blah..." - still smirking.
Passenger finally rolls the window down while we're down to about 55 MPH and I tell them that they may want to check the exhaust hangers when they get a chance. As soon as the passenger says thank you, the grinning driver dumps the throttle.
Well, although I didn't expect it (I was in Drive (D) mode) and lost a 1/2 second, I quickly pulled away and gave the passenger the "Queens wave" at my window along the way by and by the time we got to 90MPH I was at least 2 car lengths ahead - starting and finishing in drive mode!
Imagining the ego laden smirk disappear as I waved and the discreet 4 door pulled away, puts a smile on this face. Do you think he'll be grinning the next time an unmarked Audi pulls up beside him?

JavierNuvolari
October 17th, 2006, 13:41
Nice story, and no...next time he'll probabaly give more thought to the idea of racing an Audi 4 door saloon:hihi: :incar: .

Cheers,

Javier

Aronis
October 17th, 2006, 14:38
It's not worth the trouble to point out some thing like that to another driver as it is very hard to communicate at that speed. You need a small white board and a black magic marker...LOL..

Hey, I live in on the Southern Tier of NY now, Binghamton Area, where where you? Route 17? 81?

Mike

AndyBG
October 17th, 2006, 15:14
Very sweet ''kill'', allways nice to read these kind of posts...:hihi:

Ruergard
October 17th, 2006, 15:23
Nice! The Beast still lives! :D

bobjebb
October 17th, 2006, 17:39
Nice one - Are you at 505bhp roughly?

Not surprised you destroyed it....

SoCal
October 17th, 2006, 22:25
Good kill. Nice guys finish first.:addict: :cheers:

Aronis
October 17th, 2006, 22:54
where did you get the APR software install?

Mike

bbigman2000
October 18th, 2006, 00:20
Good effort, Ive just come from a E46 M3 to an RS6, the rs6 is faster, but the M3 is still a great car.

Aronis
October 18th, 2006, 00:45
Drove a 1997 M3 for 5 years...loved...year round with snows....no trouble...but the RS6 has room for family!

Mike

newmarketnow
October 18th, 2006, 02:12
The drive was along 684 North just above Weschester.
This car has (apparently) 515 at 93 octane.

I don't know if this was necessarily a good car kill because if I knew we were going to go and the car was in a decent gear, I think it would have been even more fun and a decent car kill.

This was more of a Driver Ego Kill or, DEK.
Whatever it was, it wiped the smug off of the face of that driver - regardless of what he was driving.

audirs6sport
October 18th, 2006, 08:32
Last weekend driving through Southern (rural) New York in my de-badged APR'd software RS6, I came up behind a fairly new M3 on a 3 lane highway and noticed it's exhaust bouncing too much over the slight bumps.
Pulled along side and gestured the passenger to roll down the window so that I could inform the driver of the loose exhaust. The driver is not even looking at me and is talking to the passenger with a smirk on his face. He continues to talk to the passenger and I realize that he must saying that the Audi driver must be impressed with the M3 and assumes that I will asking the "...what year is it, how much did it cost, sweet ride, blah, blah..." - still smirking.
Passenger finally rolls the window down while we're down to about 55 MPH and I tell them that they may want to check the exhaust hangers when they get a chance. As soon as the passenger says thank you, the grinning driver dumps the throttle.
Well, although I didn't expect it (I was in Drive (D) mode) and lost a 1/2 second, I quickly pulled away and gave the passenger the "Queens wave" at my window along the way by and by the time we got to 90MPH I was at least 2 car lengths ahead - starting and finishing in drive mode!
Imagining the ego laden smirk disappear as I waved and the discreet 4 door pulled away, puts a smile on this face. Do you think he'll be grinning the next time an unmarked Audi pulls up beside him?

I hate those queer M3 owners. Everytime I get a nice comment when I'm driving the m3, people are surprised how kindly I react to them. Most of them around Beverly Hills hate you for being another M3 owner as well. :w: