PDA

View Full Version : There Might be a new RS 4

Snow
April 11th, 2003, 17:16
I had a chat with an Audi salesman at the Sthlm Auto show last night. I had to clear this thing out, will there be a new RS 4 or not?
Well, the answer is "maybe". :hmm: He said that there is a weak rumour about a new RS 4 coming in the inner circles of the Audi concern. He didn't want to confirm it, but he looked a bit stressed by the question :D I asked when it will go into production IF it will, and he said that it'll take quite some time. Now that's not a surprise considering the fact that they build those RS models just at the end of a model's lifetime, just as with the RS 6. So, I hope that there will be a new RS 4 and also I don't think they can afford not to make one, because the first one was such a success.

:rs4addict

Reno
April 13th, 2003, 13:12
I've heard so many rumours:
the last were in a dutch magazine, this week:
the new RS4 will share the engine with the RS6, but with smaller turbo's, so it will have 420hp and 500Nm torque.
they say it will be presented @ IAA Frankfurt this year!!!!:eek: :D

Let's hope this is true:rs4addict

on the other hand i've heard no RS4 will be produced because of new pollution norms (EURO4):vsad:

only time can tell....

krm
April 13th, 2003, 20:33
I am very much looking forward to what the new generation RS4 looks like, recently trying to imagine what more aggressive fender flares, rims, grilles woud look like the S4. I think it will look great if it comes into realization. :rs4addict

Erik
April 14th, 2003, 10:24
Not sure how a biturbo system would fit the A4 size.

Have heard rumor of an engine with 1 turbo and 1 compressor. :bigeyes:

krm
April 15th, 2003, 04:15
Originally posted by Erik B

Have heard rumor of an engine with 1 turbo and 1 compressor. :bigeyes:

:bigeyes: