PDA

View Full Version : My little finger went to Ingolstadt......

Mr Balsen
October 11th, 2006, 14:52
Hello,

As always, I write on this forum first about the last trip of my little finger at Ingolstadt.....

It happened beginning of this week so the news are very hot....

First, my little finger learned the RS6 will have twin turbo V10 engine. That's for sure and obvious for everybody. The power range will be 520-550 hp but it will be very torquey engine.

My little finger then found out a new V10 is being developped for minimun 550hp. This will be for the next Gallardo and .......... for the R8. Yes, yes the R8. And the R8 will not received the Twin Turbo V10, neither V12TDI. At least not planned yet.

As for the R8, huge success in Germany. All the R8 for this country were sold in

1 day ! ! ! !

Regarding the V12, the Q7 V12 TDI is actually a big story around Ingolstadt because there is no engine and no gearbox ready yet...... But on the V12 TDI area, Audi Sport is working really hard to be a problem for Peugeot at the next Le Mans.....

My little finger should travel soon again in the beautifull land of Bavaria.....

Cheers,
Frederic

Klint
October 11th, 2006, 15:19
haha, that little finger!

Thanks for the news Frederic (and little finger)

Benman
October 11th, 2006, 16:44
Regarding the V12, the Q7 V12 TDI is actually a big story around Ingolstadt because there is no engine and no gearbox ready yet......
Cheers,
Frederic

Frederic:cheers: ,

Please kindly thank your little finger for all of us.

On that note, a real shame about the V12TDI not even being real yet for the Q7... a real shame. If that's the case, it will be at least 3 years before that thing would possibly make it Stateside... man, that's a long time. Glad we didn't wait for it and are getting the "lowly" V8 Q7 instead...

But awesome news about the R8 selling out in one day!!!

Thanks again for the update.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

JavierNuvolari
October 11th, 2006, 18:30
Niiiiice!! good news from your little finger as always. Thanks for the write up, it's certainly very interesting to know these things.

Cheers all,

Javier

Leadfoot
October 11th, 2006, 18:32
Frederic,

Is this not a development of the current engine or is it really a new engine?

Another thing about the v12TDi, is the engine bay large enough to accommodate this engine, I was under the impression that it was to get a re-worked version of the 4.2TDi that is in the A8 as like you say there isn't a gearbox cheap enough to make it profitable for either the Q7 or the R8.

:vhmmm: Thought there's no stopping them from putting it into a Veyron.

gabbby
October 11th, 2006, 18:33
Hi !

Well... it's sounds incredible ! But, you are probably true...

So, mtm will put it to 750 hp ? :hahahehe:

After lots of doubt about the Audi limited by Porsche in the group, I am more confident about the futur...

The big question is : how this RS6 can have a good handling when we know the platform is not really good...? :confused:

Gaby

chewym
October 12th, 2006, 07:43
The V12 TDI is alive and kicking, kinda. It was shown in Paris without the Q7. The engine was there but not in the car. The original press release has always stated that it would not come out immediately.

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Events/Paris%20Auto%20Show/2006/Audi%20Show%20Photos/035.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Events/Paris%20Auto%20Show/2006/Audi%20Show%20Photos/320.jpg

More photos:
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/Events/Paris%20Auto%20Show/2006/Audi%20Show%20Photos

Ruergard
October 12th, 2006, 18:16
YEEEEES! More Turbos for the people, the beast will live again! :D

No, calm down now... but great to hear that there will be a twinturbo engine! Sad it isn't the 4.2 ltr V8 in my opinion, but but! The V10 will hopefully kick some ass! 520-550 bhp is good aswell, as long as it is 550! ;)

A N/A V10 with atleast 550hp in the R8 is also good news! Thats the real engine for that car!

The news about the V12 TDI was not that exciting though.. :(

Thanks for this great info!

Mr Balsen
October 12th, 2006, 18:47
The V12 TDI is alive and kicking, kinda. It was shown in Paris without the Q7. The engine was there but not in the car. The original press release has always stated that it would not come out immediately.

chewyn,

There is a huge difference between an engine on a car show, even the one currently in Paris and an engine ready and working.....

Not to even talk about the gearbox. The Q7 first gears are committing suicide by hundreds in Ingolstadt in the Danube like Lemmings in the ocean ! ! ! !
Cheers,
Frederic

chewym
October 13th, 2006, 02:12
I know, but I read some UK magazine "test drive", they supposedly drove the car and said it was nice but that Audi was still working on it. I think that Audi will get it right before it comes out (2008 or so)

m3fan
October 13th, 2006, 16:23
Sweet news about the new RS6! I hope it will have more than the 63AMG torque of 465ft. I guessing the RS6 will out weigh the E63 an M5.

IulianUM
October 13th, 2006, 21:49
If Audi makes the Rs6 as good as the Rs4 you´ll have a winner .:addict: :rs4addict

Julz RS4
October 14th, 2006, 06:57
Special thanks to you Fred for your reliable info ! :thumb:

I heard several recent rumours which confirms the turbocharged way of the future V10 engine of the next RS6. So they reveal rather true, that's great ! :addict:

Nice to read the R8 has a huge sucess in Germany. I'm sure it will be the same here in North America. :applause:

Cheers mate.

chewym
January 6th, 2007, 02:16
Getting closer to production for the Q7 V12 TDI as Audi will actually show the engine inside the Q7 as this "Concept".

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10862

ültje1
January 6th, 2007, 12:23
and whats about the TT RS or TT S ??????????

Eckoman
January 8th, 2007, 19:08
My "little finger" told me that RS6 twin-turbo V10 is definate. Currently they are running mules with up to 700hp. But they are still fighting a basic issue: the engine bay is very overheating with the V10 twin-turbo.

Leadfoot
January 8th, 2007, 20:19
My "little finger" told me that RS6 twin-turbo V10 is definate. Currently they are running mules with up to 700hp. But they are still fighting a basic issue: the engine bay is very overheating with the V10 twin-turbo.

I am telling you, the RS6 will have a minimum of 550hp with likely hood of 580hp and 700nm of torque this is a certainty. The heat is a problem but talk is it is all but signed off alredy.