PDA

View Full Version : V10 premium

RXBG
October 11th, 2006, 15:38
how much more than the V8 would you gentlemen be willing to pay for the V10?assuming it makes 500hp and included the carbon brakes and no more: would you pay, say, 20K more (Euro or USD), 25K more?

Klint
October 11th, 2006, 16:22
I wouldn't pay within 10-15% of what a Gallardo costs new.

Benman
October 11th, 2006, 17:48
I wouldn't pay within 10-15% of what a Gallardo costs new.

I wouldn't either...

But if the V10 R8 commands "only" a $20K premium over the V8, it would still be below that 15% price range you speak of. Here the Gallardo costs $160K. The V8 R8 will start at sub $100K. A "base" price of $120K for the V10 R8 would put it at 75% of the base Gallardo... I'd do it.

Ben:addict:

m3fan
October 11th, 2006, 18:04
I guess the R8 4.2 fully opt about 120K so about 140-150K for the 5.2. A new Gallardo shoult be about 200K and 220-230K for the SE.

Skaala
October 11th, 2006, 18:44
I wouldn't either...

But if the V10 R8 commands "only" a $20K premium over the V8, it would still be below that 15% price range you speak of. Here the Gallardo costs $160K. The V8 R8 will start at sub $100K. A "base" price of $120K for the V10 R8 would put it at 75% of the base Gallardo... I'd do it.

$160k hmm... you bastards! In Norway it has a $300k base price, and the R8 have been estimated to a base price of $227.000.

btw, because of some new tax rules after 01.01.07 (CO2), if you want to import a used RS6 from Germany, it will be an adittional $30k tax.:doh: On top of the $136k import price, it brings it to $166k for a early 03 model with 50k miles.:cry:
If I had ordered the Q7 after new years, I would have had to pay an extra $15k in extra taxes.....

:vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy:

I wish they'd let me in to the Secretary of the Department of Transportation's office so I could find the minister and http://www.jabbasworld.net/images/smiles/slap.gif her silly.

Benman
October 11th, 2006, 21:58
$160k hmm... you bastards!

Keep in mind that is "base". There really is no such thing as a "base" Gallardo here, all come heavily optioned so expect to pay closer to $200K, especially after dealer stupid tax is added.

I wish they'd let me in to the Secretary of the Department of Transportation's office so I could find the minister and http://www.jabbasworld.net/images/smiles/slap.gif her silly.
:applause: :applause:

m3fan
October 11th, 2006, 22:16
$160k hmm... you bastards! In Norway it has a $300k base price, and the R8 have been estimated to a base price of $227.000.

btw, because of some new tax rules after 01.01.07 (CO2), if you want to import a used RS6 from Germany, it will be an adittional $30k tax.:doh: On top of the $136k import price, it brings it to $166k for a early 03 model with 50k miles.:cry:
If I had ordered the Q7 after new years, I would have had to pay an extra $15k in extra taxes.....

:vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy:

I feel bad for you Skaala. That is some serious tax

Sunny
October 12th, 2006, 00:30
Why is everyone discussing the V10 so much when the V8 is not even out on sale yet? It is almost as if there is a certain level of disapointment with the R8. I for one think the V8 is fine, if Audi keeps the price real.

India Whiskey Charlie
October 12th, 2006, 01:36
Why is everyone discussing the V10 so much when the V8 is not even out on sale yet? It is almost as if there is a certain level of disapointment with the R8. I for one think the V8 is fine, if Audi keeps the price real.
Great post. I happen to agree with Sunny. Although the V10 has some appeal, there is nothing wrong with the V8 as it is. It is a fine engine in a fine automobile.

chewym
October 13th, 2006, 03:03
BTW, in US (most states) there is an 8% sales tax or so (varies). Plus there are some registration fees. For a 200,000 dollar car there will be $17,864.00 in fees. I know this smaller than in other countries, but should still be considered.

Benman
October 13th, 2006, 17:41
It is almost as if there is a certain level of disapointment with the R8. I for one think the V8 is fine, if Audi keeps the price real.

Sunny, I think you'll note from my posts that I'm one of those that are not disapointed by this fine car that Audi has created. With that said, there are those who will only buy the V10. For them, the R8 needs a more "special" engine than what is in the RS 4 (although I'd say that engine is plenty special :D).

:cheers:

Sunny
October 13th, 2006, 22:34
Sunny, I think you'll note from my posts that I'm one of those that are not disapointed by this fine car that Audi has created. With that said, there are those who will only buy the V10. For them, the R8 needs a more "special" engine than what is in the RS 4 (although I'd say that engine is plenty special :D).

:cheers:

I see your point. I wouldn't pay $100k for the R8 either, that is a $35K premuim over the RS4. May be a $20K premuim, but not more.

Leadfoot
October 13th, 2006, 23:07
Ben and Sunny,

Both you guys should know better. You know the saying if you have to think about the price you can't afford it. I feel the same about the 997 and the Cayman S, there's a £20K price difference but the bottom line is I can't afford the 997 or should I say I can't afford to waste that £20K difference on a car that is basically no quick in the real world. And this is the same for the R8 to the RS4, but if the truth was known we all would buy the R8 over the RS4 if the spare cash was seating and we don't need it for anything else.

It's the same with anything, when I wore a watch and had no money, I had a Casio, now I do and it's a Breitling. My first house had two bedrooms and now it has six.

The people who will buy the R8 are looking at the 997 and have already justified it's difference over the Cayman. The people who move from the S4 like RXBG and by-pass the RS4 will I think be very few, with this Audi are looking new blood, people who currently don't drive Audis or at the very least have one as a second car to something a lot more exotic.

Well that what I think anyway.:brag:

dxben
October 14th, 2006, 04:07
R8 over the RS4? How about both? :)