PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10 powah < new RS6 V10 powah

RXBG
October 10th, 2006, 16:47
i don't believe the same V10 will be used in both cars. it might start out as the same block, but i believe the RS6 version will have a couple of snails. this will be more in keeping with the greater mass the car needs to move, et al. the R8's V10 will be a NA high-rev version with the same displacement. the R8 doesn't need snails (though i don't think anyone would complain if it did) and audi cannot put them in there because it would totally kill sister car company lamborghini)- in fact: if the R8 developed 600 hp it would be in enzo and carrera gt territory. fuggedaboutit.

i suspect the production version of the new RS6 will develop close to 600 hp. since the upcoming gallardo (MY 2009) will have 550 hp, audi cannot put the new RS6 engine into the R8. the most the V10 will make in the R8 is 500hp. (the murcielago makes 640 hp and costs 300K)

apples and oranges

R8 and RS6

Toto89
October 11th, 2006, 21:28
Is it completely impossible to have an R8 which is faster than Gallardo:confused:

RXBG
October 11th, 2006, 21:44
isn't it?

the answer is technically yes. it is impossible from the marketing standpoint. as long as lambo and audi are part of a family it will be impossible.

even when the V10 comes out the gallardo will have more power of its own.

details- though the lambo will always be faster from that standpoint it won't necessarily be a superior machine. in fact, it think it is already the other way around. i think many agree.

however. there i no reason you can't spend a bit of money on your new R8 to make it faster than an enzo. hook up a SC or a pair of snails and you'll be there. :jlol:

and it will cost altogether far less than an enzo.