PDA

View Full Version : How many of you would be interested in a Replica MTM Vented Carbon Hood?

F11
October 7th, 2006, 18:48
How many of you would be interested in a Replica MTM Vented Carbon Hood? The price would be around 750-950. If I can get 10 or 15ish people to be interested I will make it happen. You guys dont have to make a comitement to it. I just want to know how many people would probably buy one.

Mr Balsen
October 7th, 2006, 18:56
This post is a shame and illegal business practice.
Unacceptable on this very well reputed forum !

Cheers,
Frederic

JavierNuvolari
October 7th, 2006, 19:40
This post is a shame and illegal business practice.
Unacceptable on this very well reputed forum !

Cheers,
Frederic

+1.

What you(F11) are selling is commomnly known as "rice" and for what I've seen during my stay on this very respected Audi forum, no one likes it here.

Saludos,

Javier

F11
October 7th, 2006, 23:44
Hey guys I'm not trying to cause problems, I just wanted to know if people like the idea. I'm not trying to sell anything. I just want opinions.

BigRick
October 8th, 2006, 01:04
Could someone give an explaination why this is a shame for the forum. Because just telling the guy it's a shame doesn't really say why he shouldn't post things like that.

For my part I voted no but I don't see how this simple question might ruin the reputation of this forum. I would agree on not seeing that too often but after all where else can they found as good an audience as here :)

Just don't make an habit out of it (IMHO)

Cheers,

Mr Balsen
October 8th, 2006, 09:25
Hey guys I'm not trying to cause problems, I just wanted to know if people like the idea. I'm not trying to sell anything. I just want opinions.

Oh really ! ! ! !

May be you should ask also if people are interested for Replica of Audi RS4 V8 ! ! ! !

Seriously, this hood was designed in wind tunnel with many years of engineering experience. Not to be copy by you to make money.

Frederic

JavierNuvolari
October 8th, 2006, 13:03
Could someone give an explaination why this is a shame for the forum. Because just telling the guy it's a shame doesn't really say why he shouldn't post things like that.

For my part I voted no but I don't see how this simple question might ruin the reputation of this forum. I would agree on not seeing that too often but after all where else can they found as good an audience as here :)

Just don't make an habit out of it (IMHO)

Cheers,

I think it's a shame to ask something like this on the forum because it's just not right to go on asking people wether they would or would not buy piracy...because that's what this is...a replica = piracy...

Why is it a shame on this forum? Because I like to think, and I don't think I'm alone here, that this is one of the most reliable Audi enthusiast sources on the web.

I also think that I was maybe a little bit too rough on the language, My apologies to the user.

Cheers all,

Javier

F11
October 8th, 2006, 18:06
I don't see what the big problem is. The only reason I want opinions is because the MTM Hood looks really nice but the cost is 6000. I could make the same exact hood for cheaper, maybeewith a little different intake design, and it would cost no more than 1000. You guys can't see what I'm trying to do. I just want to see if people like the idea. It's just like me saying, I'm going to have replica RS4 wheels made and I want to know if people would like the idea. You guys think its such a crime to ask for product idea opinions. FORUMS ARE MEAN'T TO SHARE OPINIONS!!!!

BigRick
October 8th, 2006, 18:27
Ok, I better understand the frustration now.

For sure F11 has an answer to his question. We as "one of the most reliable group on the web" don't really like the idea of replicas. But unless there's a patent on the hood it stays legal to do replicas and eventually sell them.

So after all, we did what we had to do: answer the question.

F11, maybe you will have better success on other forums where you can find more "posers" that want the look but are not willing to pay for it. No offense at all, it's just that this forum as JavierNuvolari is saying wants to keep his record clean and stay "one of the most reliable forum on the web"

So thanks for asking (it started a nice discussion and demonstrated are convictions) but no thanks for the part.

Cheers :cheers:

nene
October 8th, 2006, 23:59
I would not buy it because personally I think the MTM hood is not really that good looking. However, if you have some design ideas, and you share how yours would look, I can be persuaded to join the 'yes' team.

Use of photoshop or simply a drawing of sorts is enough.