PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber

IulianUM
October 6th, 2006, 23:19
This is the new Carbon Fiber Hood on my Rs4 .:rs4addict
Hey , if the R8 can have CF inlets , why the Rs4 canīt have CF outlets .:cool2:

This is the MTM one with air outlets , highest quality , neddless to say that I like it . ;)

I have some more pics if you like to see them .

Mr Balsen
October 6th, 2006, 23:45
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers,
Frederic

KK265
October 7th, 2006, 00:03
This is the new Carbon Fiber Hood on my Rs4 .:rs4addict
Hey , if the R8 can have CF inlets , why the Rs4 canīt have CF outlets .:cool2:

This is the MTM one with air outlets , highest quality , neddless to say that I like it . ;)

I have some more pics if you like to see them .

Congratulations!!I am thinking to do the same but without the air vents.I do not like them.It is like Mitsubishi Evo,Ford Sierra or something like this.What about the difference in noise?Who made the paintjob?Was it ready?Did you see any difference with the oil or water temperature?Do you know if is there any risk when the engine is running and it is raining?Thank you in advance..

JavierNuvolari
October 7th, 2006, 00:20
Damn it looks good, those air vents really give an agressive look.

Cheers,

Javier

IulianUM
October 7th, 2006, 01:49
Thanks , obviusly I like it , the vents are not that dark , I like the high contrast pictures as you can see . It looks stunning in the flesh , much better than in my pics .
When I saw the new Aston Martin and Jaguar and saw their air vents , I thought , If James Bond likes it .... but this is a matter of taste .:cool2:

Gone for the car at lunch time , so I had no time but for a quick test . It is fun to see heat waves over your hood exiting from the outlets when you stops for a red light , so it should work . When you drive at some speed the temperature decreases thatīs for sure , but how much is too soon for me to tell you .
Everything needed was sent by MTM to my Audi workshop (no MTM in Spain) , they installed it in less than four hours .
The paintjob was done superbly by MTM too , seems that they took it to Audi to paint it , perfect job . It is unbelievable lifting the CF hood with one hand and without any effort . The mechanics told me that the stock hood wheights a lot more (more than 15 kg.) . I can tell you that the CF outlets were covered with fingerprints of everybody in the workshop that wanted to "see" them close .;)

I asked something similar to Frederic about the water , no problemo . Frederic was very helpfull all the time , from the begining , so ask him all your technical questions . Thank you very much Frederic .:thumb:

Next the catalists and exhausts . :mech:

A few more pics , the quality is not the best , compressing in JPEG is not good when you look for a noisy pic style .:blush:

RSX
October 7th, 2006, 04:44
Wow, that looks awesome!! :cheers:

http://www.nil.org/download/audi-01.jpg

Mr Balsen
October 7th, 2006, 10:50
Thanks , obviusly I like it , the vents are not that dark , I like the high contrast pictures as you can see . It looks stunning in the flesh , much better than in my pics .
When I saw the new Aston Martin and Jaguar and saw their air vents , I thought , If James Bond likes it .... but this is a matter of taste .:cool2:

Gone for the car at lunch time , so I had no time but for a quick test . It is fun to see heat waves over your hood exiting from the outlets when you stops for a red light , so it should work . When you drive at some speed the temperature decreases thatīs for sure , but how much is too soon for me to tell you .
Everything needed was sent by MTM to my Audi workshop (no MTM in Spain) , they installed it in less than four hours .
The paintjob was done superbly by MTM too , seems that they took it to Audi to paint it , perfect job . It is unbelievable lifting the CF hood with one hand and without any effort . The mechanics told me that the stock hood wheights a lot more (more than 15 kg.) . I can tell you that the CF outlets were covered with fingerprints of everybody in the workshop that wanted to "see" them close .;)

I asked something similar to Frederic about the water , no problemo . Frederic was very helpfull all the time , from the begining , so ask him all your technical questions . Thank you very much Frederic .:thumb:

A few more pics , the quality is not the best , compressing in JPEG is not good when you look for a noisy pic style .:blush:

Thanks very much for the compliments.
Regarding the water, you only need to cover the vents when you are washing the car.
For the temperature, yes it will definitely help. Look at the Ferrari Fiorano, Aston Martin, Jaguar.

Cheers,
Frederic

BryanF
October 7th, 2006, 11:09
IulianUM

Your car looks simply stunning.I also have avus silver and your photo is now my wallpaper.

Can I ask approx how much did it cost painted and fitted in US $ ?

alex_s3
October 7th, 2006, 21:47
Very nice!
Looks aggresive!

roadrunner
October 8th, 2006, 10:15

looks very good indeed :thumb:

look forward to your further "finetuning"

Greets
Seb.

Ruergard
October 8th, 2006, 18:24
Damn that looks good, stunning!

f1esp
November 10th, 2006, 14:17
que tal iulian
i live in barcelona but my girlfriend is from zaragoza and we go there once or twice every month. i'll be very pleased if you show me your beast. i'm thinking about to buy a rs4 avant.
regards
f1esp :applause: :0:

cally
November 16th, 2006, 01:38
Nice pic's man.... how much does it cost??

IulianUM
November 21st, 2006, 18:26
Actually I donīt remember the cost , cally , but it worth every Euro that I payed for it . The hood works better than I expected .:)

I am having a lot of work lately , almost have no time to drive it :cry: , f1esp , take care of the radars on the highway . :rs4addict

RSX
November 21st, 2006, 18:34
The cost is 5.150 EUR + the cost to paint it.

Erik
November 21st, 2006, 19:05
It looks GREAT! But the price is a bit steep...

RSX
November 21st, 2006, 19:35
It looks GREAT! But the price is a bit steep...

I can't argue with that. The quality is superb though.

KK265
November 21st, 2006, 21:03
The cost is 5.150 EUR + the cost to paint it.
What is the difference with this one :
http://www.gmgracing.com/audi_aero.shtml
Because is much cheaper.

Klinn
November 21st, 2006, 21:30
A W E S O M E
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::bow::bo w::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Arslanoff
March 18th, 2007, 16:49
It is GREAT!!! :applause:

But who knows something about carbon boot for RS4 from MTM?
You can see it on the pictures of RS4 K540 MTM and it is very Beautiful, but there is no carbon hood in the MTM’s price list!!! Who knows is it possible to order it from them and how much will it cost?
I will deffenetly install the hood on my future RS4, but I like it more with two stripes painted on the side in car color.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/0703_ec_mtm_audi_rs4/photo_11.html

KK265
March 18th, 2007, 17:08

You can see it on the pictures of RS4 K540 MTM and it is very Beautiful, but there is no carbon hood in the MTM’s price list!!! Who knows is it possible to order it from them and how much will it cost?
I will deffenetly install the hood on my future RS4, but I like it more with two stripes painted on the side in car color.

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9899&highlight=MTM
http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9829&highlight=MTM

Mr Balsen
March 18th, 2007, 18:12

I will be very happy to help you. Please send me an email at: mtmfrance@yahoo.fr

cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Arslanoff
March 20th, 2007, 00:02
Thank for cooperation to Frederic.
Guys, what about the air vents on the hood. Lets say it is raining heavily or you wash your car with high pressure pump and water enters inside the hood through vents. It will be dirty all the time, but that's not a problem. Could it be dangerous for hot engine then?

Mr Balsen
March 20th, 2007, 06:06
bonjour,

Arslanoff, You are very welcome.

The recommendation from MTM is to cover the air vent when you are washing the car. Nothing particular about raining.

Cheers,
Frederic

nine1twoinc
June 18th, 2007, 23:46
Good Lord that's hot

MrBucket
August 5th, 2007, 05:16
Do you have to worry about the hood latch failing and the hood flipping up onto the windshield and roof? I know this is a common problem with carbon hoods. Have you considered getting hood pins to prevent this?

AudiSuperDriver
August 5th, 2007, 11:00
great job man:)