PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what proper idle rpm is for the Beast?

Hy Octane
October 4th, 2006, 05:31
Mine seems to be around 700-750 rpm which causes alot of creepage.. even up hills.. yours?

BTW.. I have installed the H Sport sways and this has returned the car to flat cornering as well as reduced the floatiness I was experiencing from the softer stock shocks..The turn in is now crisp and instant instead of sluggish. Better road feel and response..Overall, a more solid stable platform.. As per Benmans recommendation, I set the rears to stiffest and it really is an impressive mod.Funny thing is this is closer how it drove before the shocks and DRC adventure.. Kinda weird that I have to pay to get it back.. but after 16 years with Audi, I am not really surprised. Theres a price to pay for being different. I daresay most Audi fanatics probably use Apple computers! Anyway,
Finally, the Beast is a Beast..!!:mech: :applause: :addict:

Benman
October 4th, 2006, 17:29
Paul, I'll have to check the idle for ya, can't remember off hand.

Glad to hear the "feel" is back.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

s42ski
October 4th, 2006, 20:58
Paul and Ben, mine is about 750 and 800 and in the morning will back itself out of the garage up a steep drive without touching the gas.

Qisha
October 4th, 2006, 21:21
Dear Paul,

the idle rpm is @780. While cold starting the idle rpm is slightly increased up to ~1.050 rpm, as soon as the pre-cats reach 300°C the idle rpm is supposed to fall back to 780.

Qisha

Hy Octane
October 4th, 2006, 22:41
Thank you Quisha! Nice to hear from you again.. Hope all is well!

:rs6kiss:

LIRS6
October 10th, 2006, 21:43
What Qisha said