PDA

View Full Version : New TT Roadster and S version..?

Ruergard
September 26th, 2006, 19:25
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060925.001/6060925.001.1M.jpg

Audi is about to extend the just launched TT model range. Next in line is the roadster version and the TT-S for launch in 2007.

The roadster is currently being tested on the roads in Bavaria. It has a canvas power top as can be seen on the photos of the prototype.

The TT-S will be powered by a 2.0 litre 4 cyl. turbo engine coming from the Audi S3 delivering in the TT-S 280 HP. Its acceleration is estimated to rate around 0-100 km in 5.3 seconds.

Another variant, the last in line, is expected to come in 2008. It is a TT-RS powered by a 2.5 litre in-line 5-cylinder engine delivering 350 HP. It is going to come on the market as a rival against the Porsche Cayman S

From Worldcarfans, see the article and more pictures here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/gcf/spyphotoID/6060925.001/audi/spy-photos-audi-tt-roadster-and-s-version

Leadfoot
September 28th, 2006, 17:05
Guys,

Was talking to dealer while a person from Audi UK was there and he asked the question for me regarding the TT-S. The reply was yes to the TT-S but the release date would be late to the end of 2007.:cry:

So this will be leaving me with a problem as I'm due to change before this date and there is no way I will drive the under-rated and under-powered 3.2 model. It pains me to say this, but there might be a BMW 335i coupe in the driveway next year.:rolleyes:

Iceman
September 29th, 2006, 18:03
Guys,

Was talking to dealer while a person from Audi UK was there and he asked the question for me regarding the TT-S. The reply was yes to the TT-S but the release date would be late to the end of 2007.:cry:
I.A.A.Frankfurt 2007.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2006, 18:30
I.A.A.Frankfurt 2007.

Hans.

Hans,

Remind me again, when is the Frankfurt show?

Iceman
September 29th, 2006, 18:36
Hans,

Remind me again, when is the Frankfurt show?
± same time as Paris this year.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2006, 19:12
So your saying September give or take a week or two. Alas this will be too late for me as the latest I can go is April/early June 2007.

Hans, if you have driven the 3.2 when you have to agree with my verdict of it being under-powered and so refined for the car.

Iceman
September 29th, 2006, 19:17
So your saying September give or take a week or two. Alas this will be too late for me as the latest I can go is April/early June 2007.

Hans, if you have driven the 3.2 when you have to agree with my verdict of it being under-powered and so refined for the car.
Yes.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 29th, 2006, 20:52
Oh yes, Hans.

Remember you posted that a TT had lapped the ring in something like 8:15. This unofficially according to the person from Audi UK was the TT-S with magnetic ride, a standard 3.2TT will do it in approx 8:27 and magnetic ride will drop this by 5-6 seconds.

So on the face of it, the 3.2TT will match the 335i on the track, at least with Audi test drivers. It's just a shame that the engine couldn't live up to the car.