PDA

View Full Version : Update on the PSS9's, okay they are in and the stance looks great no more front rake

DetailersDomain
September 23rd, 2006, 23:25
from the springs.

9 is the softess setting, so I went with 8, its a bit too soft so I might go to 6 or 5 on Monday.

Initial thoughts the install was easy the coilovers look good. The manual actually includes the RS6 now which is comforting I guess.

I can't wait to get these dialed in and some miles on them, then the alignment.

Pics and more to come.

Vegasguy
September 24th, 2006, 08:08
You need to align as soon as possible, then drive and dial them in.

DetailersDomain
September 24th, 2006, 14:06
Typically you want to sort out the suspension, adjust, drive it for a few miles to let it settle and then align it.

I'm hoping to get the car on a lift or jack it up tonight to just dial them in and see how I like it.

nene
September 25th, 2006, 00:43
How are those pix coming? Would love some new pix of the setup.

DetailersDomain
September 25th, 2006, 01:53
I'll try to get some tomorrow, but I think I might raise it a bit and set it a 5 or 6, its at 8 right now that's 1 setting firmer than the softess setting 9.

But overall looks great no more forward rake, feels much more responsive not as sluggish but right now for me at least its a bit soft.

More reporting to come as I drive it harder and the suspension settles a bit more.

Rad-RS6
September 30th, 2006, 01:59
Did u also add H-sport says at the same time?

DetailersDomain
September 30th, 2006, 02:50
H-sports were already on with the HR springs. Right now the current set up is PSS9's on setting 8 with H-sports on the aggressive setting.

I know someone on the forums was running setting 4 but I don't think he had the sways, as well I'm running 20 inch Sportecs.

I think I may adjust them to 6 or 7 up front and keep the rears on 8.

I got my shop foreman to drive it (he's an SCCA drive and pushed it pretty hard go rubbing on the right front side, as well Dion at KMD drove it and we were pushing 60 plus on a right hand sweeper and got a little rub on the left rear. ) both suggested not to raise the car but to firm up the setting. Once I can get the car up maybe this Sunday I will put set it up firmer, but the car stance is perfect and so far on daily driving no problems at all. The steering feels a bit more responsive now. After another week of driving I'll get the alignment done.

Picture to come the car is just dirty right now.

DetailersDomain
October 2nd, 2006, 03:15
Sorry I never go to clean up the car for these shots....I'll post some clean car pics this week.

Car in my opinion looks great this way!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/pyiu/IMG_0052-1.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/pyiu/IMG_0051-2.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/pyiu/IMG_0050-2.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/pyiu/IMG_0048-3.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/pyiu/IMG_0047-3.jpg

Thanks again to the guys over at KMD Tuning.

Rad-RS6
October 2nd, 2006, 13:24
WOW! Looks aggressive.

Those are 20" Sportec's right?

DetailersDomain
October 2nd, 2006, 13:39
yes 20 inch Sportecs, love them!

Rad-RS6
October 3rd, 2006, 16:35
No harshess when lowered on wheels 2" bigger than stock? Are your roads well-manicured??? I'd be reulctant living in pothole heaven

DetailersDomain
October 3rd, 2006, 16:46
I'm use to it, the wife's X5 4.6 is on 20's, and I've been ridin on lowered cars with plus 1 and 2 size wheels for about 9 years now.

I'm in the NY/NJ metro area......

noushy
October 3rd, 2006, 17:11
I love the look of the sportecs, clean and very european. I have 19 inch wheels (HRE) and in michigan I have bent 3 rims. It just does not work in the rust/pothole belt. But maybe your roads are better than ours. I have 20inch HRE wheels on the cayenne and they hold up great, probably due to the higher profile tires and more compliant suspension.

Noushy

Rad-RS6
October 3rd, 2006, 17:14
I love the look of the sportecs, clean and very european. I have 19 inch wheels (HRE) and in michigan I have bent 3 rims. It just does not work in the rust/pothole belt. But maybe your roads are better than ours. I have 20inch HRE wheels on the cayenne and they hold up great, probably due to the higher profile tires and more compliant suspension.

Noushy

That's what I was thinking, we have plenty o' potholes in Minnesota as well.

Still, they look FABULOUS on Phil's car, and he claims they ride as compliant as stock. Go figure....

DetailersDomain
October 3rd, 2006, 17:24
Yeah I wouldn't say its rides like stock but it not a harsh ride to me at all, when going back to the stock wheels I think the set up will feel softer due to the wheels and tires for sure. But I'm planning on ridin these during the winter, so far I've been lucky with these Sportecs super strong!

buzz
October 3rd, 2006, 23:50
Fantastic setup I have those Pss9's for a while now and they make a difference. Are the exhaust tips stock? They look Very Agressive.

Enjoy it

Buzz:addict:

DetailersDomain
October 4th, 2006, 21:46
no I've got the Milltek cat back.

Ruergard
October 5th, 2006, 18:13
Damn that car looks good now! :D

nene
October 5th, 2006, 18:18
Car does look much better. For now I'm happy my DRC is still looking good. Running on 19" all year round is a different story. You just don't realize how soft 18" setup is until you have a few friends comment the RS6 now rides like more sportier! I'm used to it, and enjoy it.
The PSS9s however, do make the car look a whole lot better.

Rad-RS6
October 6th, 2006, 01:00
no I've got the Milltek cat back.

I just picked up one of these used (arives next week) .... I imagine it has a nice growl at WOT. How about at lower rpms? Still civilized?

AuditudeA642
October 12th, 2006, 15:46
this is one of the nicest rs6's i have ever seen. Great stance! Was your car at waterfest under a tuning companies tent?

DetailersDomain
October 12th, 2006, 17:28
Auditudea642, yes it was in the dahlback tent.

Thanks!

AuditudeA642
October 12th, 2006, 22:32
Did you change your taillights to the pre 2002 ones?

DetailersDomain
October 13th, 2006, 06:01
yes I did I thought it looked better.

minimad
October 16th, 2006, 05:00
I know someone on the forums was running setting 4 but I don't think he had the sways, as well I'm running 20 inch Sportecs.

Pyiu, FYI, I set them @ front 4, rear 5 with H&R sway bars (front and rear) on, 19" wheels. Very bad road condition in Taipei, but the PSS9 still handle it nicely.

The PSS9 will get softer after few months driving, I have mine for more than half year.

DetailersDomain
October 16th, 2006, 12:55
minimad, thanks for the update.

Hy Octane
January 9th, 2007, 19:05
Could you please post the Pss9 part # or kit # that is specifically for the RS6? Looks like i'm going to take the plunge here soon. Thanks!

DetailersDomain
January 9th, 2007, 23:28
Hy Octane, I can't seem to locate the part number I'll see if I can get it, I know that Danny or Dion would know at KMD Tuning in Westwood, NJ

Boosted-Bora
January 10th, 2007, 04:19
What width are those sportec mono's

DetailersDomain
January 12th, 2007, 11:27
The width are 8.5, Scott at Rival is selling his:

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108617