PDA

View Full Version : Video of new TT3.2 on the Autobahn

Leadfoot
September 23rd, 2006, 22:17
Short vid of TT on autobahn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jvw5Ayg9Cc

Iceman
September 24th, 2006, 02:42
He only drove 230 Km/h :boring: with it.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2006, 11:00
He only drove 230 Km/h :boring: with it.

Hans.

Fair point Hans. OK in this video they get it 155mph (250km/h) and also test the brakes.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIMR9SyhQhY

I not know any German, but what he's saying isn't thanks for pulling out on me.:hihi:

Iceman
September 24th, 2006, 11:18
Ok that's better, and he was saying shit that was havy and aparently there was a old driver not very good looking where i was going.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2006, 11:55
Hans,

I was a bit disappointed in how slow it took to get to the 155mph mark. Though from what was said in the text with the video chip, this was taken on the official launch of the TT in Germany, so this TT must have had little or no miles on the clock. If true then it's ability to reach 155mph at all is impressive.

I hope the 3.2FSi replaces the current 3.2L early next year as 272hp I could live with.

Iceman
September 24th, 2006, 12:00
Hans, I was a bit disappointed in how slow it took to get to the 155mph mark.
I hope the 3.2FSi replaces the current 3.2L early next year as 272hp I could live with.
So am i.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2006, 16:40
Now that the TT has be released to the public, has anyone heard if it has been tested on the ring and what was the time.

Iceman
September 24th, 2006, 19:24
Not yet so far i know.
But there are rumours of a test TT that did de ring in 8:16 min.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2006, 20:01
Not yet so far i know.
But there are rumours of a test TT that did de ring in 8:16 min.

Hans.

Hans, in those rumours was the car standard. If so, this is an amazing result.

By the way, I was reading the latest grouptest of the TT in Top Gear magazine, it's rivals this time with the Z43.0 Coupe and the 350ZGT. In it the TT got criticised for not being as adventurous as the old model both inside and out and for being not exciting enough and complained about it's S-Tronic transmission for being to smooth and not suited to a sportscar. Not exciting even though it was easily the fastest on the B-roads (the home of sportscars), the best ride (most important thing for enjoying a drive) and the best overall quality and comfort.

The Z4 won and I maybe bias towards Audi but come on, the Z4 had the hardest ride (we all know how difficult it is to drive quickly with that) and though it's design is exciting, you couldn't say it's the prettiest. They even thought that it's interior was of a better design, please. They like the fact that it could excite and scare at the same time.

I don't know about any of you lot, but when driving fast on the road what excites me most is a car's ability to corner quickly while still being safe. I like to feel the transition between understeer to drift to oversteer i.e. the ability of a good awd system to work the corner. I don't want to scared when driving, especially on the road and unfortunately when you push a rwd car fast on the road this almost always is the result.

I will agree that on the track, rwd is by far the most entertaining.

Why, oh why do every car magazine slate Audis for being boring in roadtests, but love them to death when they run them long-term.

Iceman
September 24th, 2006, 20:10
Hans, in those rumours was the car standard. If so, this is an amazing result.
The car had Magnetic Ride, but it was not clear witch engine was under the bonnet.

Hans.

Leadfoot
September 24th, 2006, 20:42
Yeah, it meant to be unbelievably good. Makes the car's cornering predictable and with it, builds confidence. I haven't drove one with magnetic ride but the standard suspension though good is a little on the hard side.

RacerBice
September 27th, 2006, 08:03
By the way, I was reading the latest grouptest of the TT in Top Gear magazine, it's rivals this time with the Z43.0 Coupe and the 350ZGT. In it the TT got criticised for not being as adventurous as the old model both inside and out and for being not exciting enough and complained about it's S-Tronic transmission for being to smooth and not suited to a sportscar. Not exciting even though it was easily the fastest on the B-roads (the home of sportscars), the best ride (most important thing for enjoying a drive) and the best overall quality and comfort.

The Z4 won and I maybe bias towards Audi but come on, the Z4 had the hardest ride (we all know how difficult it is to drive quickly with that) and though it's design is exciting, you couldn't say it's the prettiest. They even thought that it's interior was of a better design, please. They like the fact that it could excite and scare at the same time.
------
Why, oh why do every car magazine slate Audis for being boring in roadtests, but love them to death when they run them long-term.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever seen any testers ending up with favouring the Z4 over the TT. And by now I've read like ten different comparisons. I think the last comment I read about the Z4 was that although the design is exciting the road manners are not, and "why buy a sports coupé with these ambitions when there are regular (and cheaper) beemer sedans that handle better....?" Interesting point, in my view.

Since I haven't driven the TT yet, nor the Z4, I'm not the one to say....well, basically anything. But I can say this (in complete agreement with you, Leadie), that if anyone thought the Z4 interior to be of a better design than the new TT's, then I'd only have to conclude that the elevator definitely didn't go all the way up in the head of that person....some matches missing in the box.... not all cups left in the cupboard.... :noshake:

Still, though, I actually like the exterior design of the Z4 Coupé.

RB

Ps. ....but come Friday I will have a TT 2,0T on loan all for myself for the entire weekend, and think that I'll have a pretty good idea after that. :360:

Leadfoot
September 27th, 2006, 11:03
By the way, got a go for the first time in the brother-in-law's new z4 M coupe. All the has been reported about this motor is true said to say, the ride quality is way worse than any Audi I have driven (any some have been bad), the steering wheel rim is way to thick to get a proper grip of and the interior is the dullest I have ever been in (carbon look leather dash). Who ever said a TT was like looking out of a letterbox needs to try this - especially with that interior. Put me in a coffin and I couldn't have felt any worse.:noshake:

The good points are shit that thing is quick, it feels as quick as a RS4 and with the right colour is achingly pretty. But alas with that hard bumpy ride you will have a hard time putting the power to the road in the same way as a RS4 with. So if he ever meets a RS4 on the road he may as well wave bye bye.:rotflmao: