PDA

View Full Version : Performance figures for TT3.2 manual

Leadfoot
September 21st, 2006, 10:41
Autocar has just tested the TT3.2 and the acceleration figures are not happy reading.:rolleyes:

0-60mph 5.8secs:thumb:, 0-100mph 15.1secs:noshake: and the in-gear times are not must better than the R32 despite the 150kgs weight advantage. I reckon the S-Tronic will shave a good half a second at least off this time which like the RS4 will improve with mileage on the clock.

I found the testdrive I had in the TT3.2 S-Tronic felt slow but put this down to the fact that it had only 284miles on the clock, I hope that this is the case with the one that Autocar tested as well.

The saving grace is that the car received a 4.5 star rating overall, handling, brakes and quality were all praised and is still regarded best in class.:wo: But handling though very good was not entertaining enough, the economy was below class average and steering feel with no up to class best naming the Cayman, but as it's almost £7K more shouldn't be even judged.

Fab
September 21st, 2006, 12:31
cetainly low mileage is part of the reason and we all know that some mags are not that skilled to get the best out of a car....

Having said that I can also give my opinion of the 3.2l V6 as I just sold my TT V6 DSG roadster 1 month ago. This car was great looking, fun to drive with this great DSG and what a sound :heart: . For personal reason I will not upgrade to the new TT although it looks great. But to come back to the tread the only small disapointment I could have with this car is the engine punch. This 3.2 v6 is not wild as it should be despite the honorable 250hp announced (when you talk to professional people you then hear that this engine concretely delivers around 240-245hp). My opinion is that they should make this 3.2l more alive. Yes it is a nice engine and you can well enough go very fast (250km/h on autobahn without any problem, great stability, great brakes :king: ) but you can feel something extra is missing.

I know the TT mkII is lighter (to be confirmed by how much...) but the engine being the same do not expect a great improvement.

My opinion is that Audi should definitely give the TT a more powerfull engine. I am not saying 350hp but something giving a bit more sport feeling.