PDA

View Full Version : R8 debut countdown...

dsts6
September 21st, 2006, 03:23
6 days I think.......
So lets get the facts straight.
Both V10and V8 from the start.
510hp and 440hp respectively
Weight around 3250 though I have no idea exactly what.
magnetic ride control
quattro
asf build or whatever
Jonas or quisha, when will dsg be available especially if
the V10 will be available from the start. Is it worth wating for
DSG, is DSG much better then Egear?
What other engines could possibly come about besides a bi turbo maybe, will we find out in the coming days about what will come out.
exciting car

RXBG
September 21st, 2006, 03:34
that is a good summary for the facts. i am not sure on both engines being available from the beginning but it would be a very nice thing to say the least.

if what another poster stated a few days ago is accurate the V8 will weigh on at around 3100 lbs. an unbelievably sexy number for the R8 and especially for an audi.......

lets keep our fingers crossed.

and by the way. welcome dsts6 to RS6.com!

dsts6
September 21st, 2006, 03:36
thanks, i've found this to be one of the best audi sites although it confuses me that its called specificallly Rs6, o well, thats how it works

RXBG
September 21st, 2006, 03:51
is that it is THE one blessed with the highest number of well informed "insiders". in my opinion this is a function of its international intensity. and for those of us who do not speak or read "deutsch" also a blessing :D

of course. the above mentioned shall remain anonymous.

it started as an RS6 :rs6kiss: intense site and then expanded. much the same as the origins of most of the other audi enthusiast sites :heart:

you'll notice the international flavor right away.... it's a sophisticated one. we look forward to your adding to it. :thumb:

September 21st, 2006, 04:23
3100 lbs and 440 hp? That would absolutely blow me away. The only thing they could do better is to make the redline 8500 but I guess you can't have everything.

With that kind of weight and that much hp this thing is going to be stepping all over the gallardos toes with just the v8.

Damienr8
September 21st, 2006, 05:04
If the V10 is available right from the start, that would be awesome. That would lead me to believe that there would be a DSG Gearbox available on the V10.

However as audi did with the A3 and the upcoming TT, I think they might release the V8 first then the V10 later on... Just my thoughts...

I can't believe we are so close....:wo:

Leadfoot
September 21st, 2006, 20:11
If the V10 is available right from the start, that would be awesome. That would lead me to believe that there would be a DSG Gearbox available on the V10.

However as audi did with the A3 and the upcoming TT, I think they might release the V8 first then the V10 later on... Just my thoughts...

I can't believe we are so close....:wo:

I take your mean the v8 model is the standard R8 and the v10 will be the so called S model. Leaving room for a RS model.:hihi:

Toto89
September 21st, 2006, 21:01
Or maybe the V8 modell will be the R8 and the V10 modell will named sg. like R10 but the same look...well it is just a theory.

G@Fourtitude
September 26th, 2006, 01:08
V8 yes. V10, not right away.

sequential yes. Although, whether it's eGear or they pulled DSG out in time remains to be seen. I've heard rumors of both, and don't know what to believe. We'll see on Wed.

DSG is better because it has two clutches, so can hold the next gear it thinks you'll want... making faster shifting and more user-friendly automatic mode. I think eGear is one clutch like BMW's SMG right?

I've heard Porsche is working on a mid-engine placement DSG and Audi *might* be co-developing that. Thing is, I'm not sure it's rated for the R8 drivetrains. It's definitely not rated for the 911 Turbo.

I know Audi is working on 7-speed versions for longitudinally mounted front engines like B8/C7/D4.

chewym
September 26th, 2006, 01:55
Can't wait until the presentation. Maybe there will be a leaked pic or two tommorow.

gnomik007
September 26th, 2006, 03:23
6 days I think.......
So lets get the facts straight.
Both V10and V8 from the start.
510hp and 440hp respectively
Weight around 3250 though I have no idea exactly what.
magnetic ride control
quattro
asf build or whatever
Jonas or quisha, when will dsg be available especially if
the V10 will be available from the start. Is it worth wating for
DSG, is DSG much better then Egear?
What other engines could possibly come about besides a bi turbo maybe, will we find out in the coming days about what will come out.
exciting car

Is V10 really gonna be there from the start?I hardly believe it,but will love Audi if thats's the case.

:addict:

dsts6
September 26th, 2006, 05:45
V10 has been confirmed by some posters on this forum I believe or maybe by a poster.

Damienr8
September 26th, 2006, 05:59
V10 has been confirmed by some posters on this forum I believe or maybe by a poster.

Oh man, i think I am going to have to stay off the board until the intro on wednesday... All these last minute speculations are wrecking havoc on whats left of my brain. :trash: