PDA

View Full Version : Testdrive in new TT

Leadfoot
September 20th, 2006, 21:01
Finally got my testdrive in the new TT and have to say that I was more than impressed. Though it felt nowhere near as quick as my S4, (TT had only 284miles on the clock) it was amazing through the bends, it cornered very level and with lots of grip.:wo:

The S-Tronic gearbox is also worth the money, I like the way that it will down shift when you come to a stop even when in manual mode and the up shifts are only detectable by the revs dropping. The interior is also of a higher quality than the S4 or maybe that is a feeling because it feels so special, just like the last one did.

Some who have already had a drive and found it disappointing, all I can say to that is their standard must be very very high indeed, because I would put the driving experience only just behind the RS4, I found it that good.:eek:

Iceman, you seem to be correct in your statement that the next more powerful TT will indeed be getting a 3.6L FSi, that was what the dealer was told at the test day in Germany, but no power figures were mentioned. Also the 2.0TFSi model is to get Quattro early next year and a small power increase of about 20hp and 20ft/Lbs which will be the best model to go with as it will have the best weight balance and be the easiest to tune (eg. 270hp for as little as £500).

This will be the model I will be going for as the 3.6FSi won't be available until sometime in 2008.:cry:

Benman
September 21st, 2006, 00:20
Ah... so Mr. Leadfoot is impressed. Good for you. So what month do you expect delivery?:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
September 21st, 2006, 13:54
Ah... so Mr. Leadfoot is impressed. Good for you. So what month do you expect delivery?:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Ben,

Too tell you the truth, I don't know. Reasons being I'm not that impressed with the v6 engine and as get there is no word on when the 2.0TFSi will get quattro drive (hopefully Iceman has word on this soon). I loved the car and it was not only a major improvement on the last TT but also all the other Audis before it (excluding the RS4).

The most impressive part of the driving experience was the way the interior made the whole thing feel special, just like driving a Porsche Boxster/Cayman for the first time. There is precious few cars that can do this now-a-days, so good on you Audi, great result.:thumb: