PDA

View Full Version : Power figures for TT 3,2

RacerBice
September 20th, 2006, 17:26
I just read a test by the Swedish sister magazine to Auto Motor und Sport, where they measured in dyno only some 212 BHP on the wheels of the new 250 BHP TT 3,2. :doh: Yet again, the Audi 6-cylinder falls way short (15 %) of factory figures.

Incidentally, exactly 212 BHP is what another Swedish magazine measured on the wheels of a 200 BHP VW GTI. :eye:

AndyBG
September 20th, 2006, 19:58
If that is true, than it realy is ... :doh: :vhmmm:

steve
September 22nd, 2006, 22:30
Remember, 250hp is at the crank, So what is wrong with 212hp at the wheels? That is about 18% drivetrain losses.. nothing abnormal, certainly for a (fake?) Q-car.

Freddesix
September 22nd, 2006, 23:19
In a previous number they also got some really lousy results from dyno with a A6 4,2Q. It's a shame that Audi can't keep the numbers straight :(

Speedou
September 22nd, 2006, 23:35
Ok, how about 3.2l A6? I have been driving 259 real speed on it. So if it doesn't have 250hp it should be VERY aerodynamic ;) (Watch the Avatar)

Leadfoot
September 23rd, 2006, 09:41
Speedou,

If Autocar can get a TT3.2L with little mileage do 153mph (248km/h) around a hi-speed bowl then I have no doubt that a well run-in model will do 259km/h if not more on the motorway.

My problem with the 3.2L is the limited options for tuning the motor without resorting to very expensive options like supercharging. The sooner Audi bring the 2.0TFSi out with Quattro the better.

Speedou
September 23rd, 2006, 14:52
Speedou,

If Autocar can get a TT3.2L with little mileage do 153mph (248km/h) around a hi-speed bowl then I have no doubt that a well run-in model will do 259km/h if not more on the motorway.

My problem with the 3.2L is the limited options for tuning the motor without resorting to very expensive options like supercharging. The sooner Audi bring the 2.0TFSi out with Quattro the better.

I agree that. The engine is great but there isn't any good potential for tuning. Anyway I was just pointing out that if that engine really gives just over 200hp the car wouldn't go that fast.

RacerBice
September 25th, 2006, 08:52
Experience has showed that in average you loose some 7-8 per cent of output on the way through the drive-line, which in the case of a 250 BHP TT engine should mean a figure of roughly 231-232 BHP in a dyno. Conversely, with this average percentage as a guiding light, if the TT manages only 212 BHP on the wheels (and hey, guys, you cannot seriously be implying that this dyno test figure of AMS Sweden is less reliable than all those other figures you regularly toss around here?!) then we're probably talking only some 230 BHP of real power.

Having said that, it may well be that the engine actually produces 250 BHP, but if so the rest of the drive-line is (in all likelihood) extremely inefficient in "eating up" 15 %. Such "perceived power losses" are not un-common for 6-cylinder Audi's (I vaguely recollect a measurement of an A6 3,0 Quattro Tiptronic which left only 170 BHP on the wheels, as compared to its 220 BHP factory figure, and also some disappointing RS4 measurements, etc), but they are for other Quattro Audis. So I don't really think the problem is gearboxes, crankshafts, etc.

Now, I really don't care either way, I'm just very disappointed that you get only 212 BHP out on tarmac. 259 kph or not....

RB

RacerBice
September 25th, 2006, 08:57
By the way, Speedou, I guess those 270 kph on your A6 speedometer were registered in Finland on snow....? :incar:

Leadfoot
September 25th, 2006, 12:13
There seems to be a lot of interest in the top speed of cars, me personally I prefer acceleration. Most countries have speed limits and with the ever increasing penalties imposed by the police, we all are taking huge risks when we speed.

I would prefer a car that can get 60+mph or 30-70mph quicker and for-go the 150+mph top speed.

Speedou
September 25th, 2006, 12:21
By the way, Speedou, I guess those 270 kph on your A6 speedometer were registered in Finland on snow....? :incar:

Hah, in Finland, but fortunately on dry summer weather :revs:

Leadfoot,

I love speed as much as acceleration, so I prefer both. I just picked up top speed to point out that car with 200hp won't go that fast. And yes, I hate speed limits, I just loose my license for six months.

Leadfoot
September 25th, 2006, 19:05
Hah, in Finland, but fortunately on dry summer weather :revs:

Leadfoot,

I just loose my license for six months.

My point exactly. But when one put their hand in close to the fire and gets burnt, they usually don't try and do it again.:hihi:

What would happen to you if you got caught again?

Speedou
September 25th, 2006, 21:28
My point exactly. But when one put their hand in close to the fire and gets burnt, they usually don't try and do it again.:hihi:

What would happen to you if you got caught again?

Well this was my fifth time, so nothing too serious, just more time without license and more fines to pay.

Leadfoot
September 25th, 2006, 21:37
Man your lucky. Over here if you are caught at over 100mph, not only will you face a large fine and lose your licence, it's possible you might be sentenced to jail.

Toto89
September 25th, 2006, 21:43
That doesn't sounds too good, but in my home, it's easily could be even worse! Now they're planning that if you're caught over 190kph, they take your car and of course you'll go to the jail!!!

Leadfoot
September 25th, 2006, 21:47
That doesn't sounds too good, but in my home, it's easily could be even worse! Now they're planning that if you're caught over 190kph, they take your car and of course you'll go to the jail!!!

Then if you have to speed, do it in some else's car.:hihi:

Toto89
September 25th, 2006, 21:52
Thats why I like company cars so much :D But I hope this idea will be only an idea in the future as well...not a real law.

Speedou
September 25th, 2006, 23:48
Man your lucky. Over here if you are caught at over 100mph, not only will you face a large fine and lose your licence, it's possible you might be sentenced to jail.

One way yes. I think Finland still have the record for the most expensive fine for the speeding. So you don't maybe go to a jail, but if you earn much money your fine will be BIG!