PDA

View Full Version : RS Bliss!

NeverFollow
September 18th, 2006, 20:27
Hello All. Just got an RS6 last week. So excited! Excellent condition, 35k miles, one owner, bought from the same dealer it was returned to. I've had a TT for 5 years and was looking to move up to an S4. The RS6 just sort of fell in my lap and I couldn't resist it, of course! It's daytona, with carbon fiber, sport exhaust, and solar sun roof.

But this story gets even better. My brother bought an e55 the next day (same year, nearly identical mileage) ... and was sorely disappointed when I repeatedly trounced him from both standing and rolling starts. He's been living on AMG forums ever since trying to find some mods.

At any rate, I'm so glad to join the rest of you in RS bliss.

Cheers!

AndyBG
September 18th, 2006, 21:40
Welcome to the ''dark side''...:hihi:

Enjoy your new ride...

Pic's are MUST...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1863

ringtaxi
September 19th, 2006, 02:52
ur bro's E55 must be pre 2003. the S/C ones can trounce an RS6.

NeverFollow
September 19th, 2006, 14:59
It's a 2003 - superchargered. Sure, he catches up to me with a perfect launch, but from light to light on the street, I've consistently beaten him. Granted, he's still learning how to modulate his power to get clean launches. Instead of worrying about that, or the quality of the asphalt, it's just "punch it and go" for me. Like I said, bliss.

Benman
September 19th, 2006, 16:39
Instead of worrying about that, or the quality of the asphalt, it's just "punch it and go" for me. Like I said, bliss.

NeverFollow,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll have a very happy relationship with your new ride.:rs6kiss:

Ben:addict:

Rad-RS6
September 22nd, 2006, 02:33
WELCOME aboard!!I am another recent convert, having gone from a B6 S4 to this beast - mine had 9K miles on it, CPO'd, I will hold onto it for the forseeable future. I LOVE IT and know you will to....

CA_A8
September 24th, 2006, 02:31
..but not for the reasons mentioned. In 2005, I was in the market for new wheels and would have loved to buy an RS6, but the present model is going back to 7 year old underpinnings, for a tech freak like me not a convincing option. The E55 was the natural choice, and while I don't fret a RS6 in most CA conditions, it's all the other 'audiesque' goodies I thoroughly miss, chiefly the high quality and masterfully designed interieur. With the exception of the seats that are first rate, the Merc is simply no match for an Audi - I enjoy my daily commute in the '01 A8 for more than the occasional jaunt in the E55.

UrQ
September 30th, 2006, 15:20
Hello All. Just got an RS6 last week.
Cheers!

Where in Texas ?

bbigman2000
October 1st, 2006, 11:12
congrats, ive just picked up a 34k miler myself, mugello saloon.

NeverFollow
October 2nd, 2006, 15:21
Where in Texas ?

I'm in Houston.