Thread: Moving on to E63, RS6 for sale

Moving on to E63, RS6 for sale

I am moving on from my 2003 RS6. I just picked up a 2013 E63 AMG and for the first time in a long time I will own a car from the current decade.

Getting ad up and I will be adding more current pictures after getting the car detailed/etc. I got the E63 at auction so timing was not up to me, so trying to get things moving on the RS6 to see what interest there is.

As to not have ANY misunderstand in this post, this car does not pass Mass emissions. When I bought the car it has just passed NY State inspection/Emissions, and I didn’t do enough research, and that is on me. The rear O2 sensors are coded out (because the previous owner installed gutted downpipes), so the car will not get O2 “Readiness” on the Emissions. At the end of this year this car will be a “15 year car” in MA, and this will no longer matter. My plan for this car was to do the 6-speed swap (had some of the parts, including transmission from one of the older UrS cars I had), so I wasn’t too worried about this when I figured it out. But I started to hear whispers of Mass. flagging some other cars that had swapped transmissions being rejected. So after some research and reflection, I decided not to go down that path.

There are also many other states where this is NOT a problem, but I wanted to put this first in the post so others don’t make the same mistake. I have chanced it and had a good time with the car, but potential buyer should know this and car is sold AS IS.

Ok, now more about the car:

2003 Audi RS6 for sale @ $15,500
    Daytona Gray/Black/Dark Ash
    ~123,000 miles (car is currently parked)

For those that don’t know, this is one of ~850 imported to the US, and still remains the last year Audi brought an RS6 to the US. Based on the C5 A6 platform, the RS6 is lower, has side skirts, a more aggressive front and wider fender flares and most importantly a twin turbo 4.2L 32-valve Cogsworth-built V8 to put this in a class of ultimate Q-Ships.

I bought this car in July 2015 with ~105,000 miles from a fellow Audi enthusiast who also worked as an Audi Sales Associate at the time. Previous owner had his dealer’s Master Tech do all the work on the car and I paid for Master Tech to do a full timing belt service before I picked up the car.

Before the previous owner this was a CPO car, and there was a lot of service done during that period.

All my service has been done at Village European in Concord MA (but for one oil service done at Audi of Peabody where I knew the Master Tech there at the time).

I was looking for a car with full set of papers, which this car has from 39000 miles (from March of 2006)

Link to a PDF with all the records I have:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...l5MklPQ0tMZXI4

Maintenance Highlights
    At ~70000 miles, Audi paid to replace both Transmission and Torque Convertor (see the PDF of maintenance)

Maintenance Done Under My Watch (from oldest to current):

- Full timing belt service (Gates belt, ECS kit) @ 105,000
    - Front Rotors/Pads (Zimmerman and EBC Yellows) + Hardware (bolts and pins) @ 105,000
    - Rear Rotors (OEM) and Pads (OEM pads) @ 105,000
    - Rear Konis replaced @ 106,535
    - Replaced both rear calipers with OEM due to sticking e-brake, fluid flush @118,290
    - Replace front right tie rod end @ 118,335
    - Rear Sway Bar end links replaced @119,155
    - Front Rotors and Pads (Zimmerman Rotors OEM Pads) @119,155 (one of the EBC pads did not seat correctly, warped rotor)
    - 4 new Michelin Pilot PS3+ A/S @119,155
    - Replace front lower control arms @119,155
    - Replaced driver’s door latch cable (no service invoice for this, did it in the driveway) (8/1)

Going in 08/11 for Oil Service and to address a squeak in the rear that only comes up on really warms days as a bushing expands.

Car has some modifications:

- 10SecS4 (Marc)’s custom tune (look him up on RS6.com). Tune is a fueling tune more than a boost tune.
    - Gutted Downpipes (have stock downpipes)
    - Trans tune (GIAC through AWE Tuning)
    - Miltek Cat-back Resonated exhaust
    - RNS-E with Aux input (have original head unit)
    - 19” OEM RS4 wheels.
    - Hotchkis Rear Sway bar
    - Euro Tail Lights
    - DRC was removed before I got the car, car has Konis all around. Both rear Konis were replaced in Sept 2015 as it appears that one was installed with perch upside down, thus no captive lock, and it dropped. I was able to park the car, get it towed and get it replaced (all while on vacation).

Stuff I have to include:

- Set of new spark plugs (got them, plugs where done @105000 when I got the timing belt service done, but just have them on the shelf)
    - Air filter (unless I get around to putting it in)
    - Original head unit (if wanted)
    - Original downpipes
    - Apikol MAF seal kits.

Known Issues

There is some clear coat peeling around the rear lid lip spoiler and around the emblem. It was that way when I got it and I have attended to it and it doesn’t seem to be getting worse (car is parked under cover out of sun).

The crossover pipe is weeping a tiny bit. Tech at Village European cleaned it on the first oil change and check it and advise after each service.

The lid on the center armrest is broken (seems like extremely common issue, and there is a replacement that can be had on eBay for small money).

The intercooler hose (drivers side) has popped off twice. One time I got it back on in a pinch, the second time my shop took care of it while in for oil (so I assume they were able to seat it better given the car was up and it has stayed on).

Other than that, it is a 14 year old car but it is a hell of a well-built car.

Happy to answer questions

Happy to arrange shipper at the buyer's expense.

Photos

Again, this is a pic that is from last summer just to show the car/color/wheels. More pics will be coming this week once I get a sunny day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0414.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	18177

Last edited by urs6ville; August 7th, 2017 at 17:47.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

13 E63.....check

I have had mine for just about a year now. My daily

glws on the RS6

new decade! LOL.....did the same with my 2016 M2....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    new decade! LOL.....did the same with my 2016 M2....

Mike
    Yea, I hadn't even really thought about it until I bought the E63 and my brother pointed it out. The average age of cars I have owned is ~12+ years... I once bought a 2002 (in 2011), only to sell it and pick up a 1995 again 6 months later.

I have some new family (niece) and retired parents now who want to do some things, so I'll be driving more.... newer isn't always better, but the much more modern E63 should be fun for a couple years... until the 2016 wagons come off lease (or Audi bring an RS model bigger than the RS3 to the states)
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    13 E63.....check

I have had mine for just about a year now. My daily

glws on the RS6
    Thanks

Sedan? Wagon? I am looking forward to getting my hands on one. Had an auction guy that deals heavily in MBs looking for one for a few months.... looks like he found a sweet example (should arrive from Cali tomorrow) for final inspection. So far everything checks out.

I wanted the wagon but there are no good deals to be had. I had to take the best deal and at least get a good color combo. Black/black w/black wood

MMR for a low mile 13 E63 is running 41k. Did you buy from Manheim in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    Thanks

Sedan? Wagon? I am looking forward to getting my hands on one. Had an auction guy that deals heavily in MBs looking for one for a few months.... looks like he found a sweet example (should arrive from Cali tomorrow) for final inspection. So far everything checks out.

Yup, Manheim in CA. Yea, I had a cap and it took some time to find one that would fall under that cap (including fees, transport, etc).. found one with 39k miles, truck should arrive tomorrow.

Assume you are enjoying yours?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I wanted the wagon but there are no good deals to be had. I had to take the best deal and at least get a good color combo. Black/black w/black wood

MMR for a low mile 13 E63 is running 41k. Did you buy from Manheim in CA?

Oh, there it is....the black one. Post up pics when you get it

Going on close to a year for me and mmr is finally down to what I paid plus I don't pay insurance or plate fees. Those suckers in AZ that pay $1500/yr in plate fees for one of these.

I like the drive for sure esp with LSD. It's a good size for me...not too big and heavy. A lot like the RS6.

Some me say I coulda got an S6.....yeah but I like raw attack nature of the E63. S6 does not have that attitude

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    Yup, Manheim in CA. Yea, I had a cap and it took some time to find one that would fall under that cap (including fees, transport, etc).. found one with 39k miles, truck should arrive tomorrow.

Assume you are enjoying yours?

This used to be my Beast. Extremely loved by pretty much every owner down the line including the seller who I've known for a long time. Dan and I are originally UrS guys. I truly got emotional the day he drove away with it which is something I normally don't go through as I have owned a lot of cars . This RS6 is going to make someone very happy. GLWS Dan.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Ok, car is finally for sale for real now. I did install a new center arm rest, so that is fixed, and the car has 121k miles, not 123k (not sure why I thought it has more).

Teaser photo (all photos linked below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-1.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	18230

Link to photos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VE?usp=sharing

FYI, car is in Jersey with the dealer from which I got the E63, he is selling it on my behalf. Car would be viewed and picked up there if purchased.

Happy to answer any questions.

message sent

Just replied.

Couple of more PM's for you.