Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

Hi Everyone, I thought it would be time to introduce myself. I've been a member for close to a year now ever since reserving an RS6 Avant from Japan. It finally arrived on Canadian soil this week. It is a 2004 model, Daytona Grey, 113K km's, Black leather Recaro seats, Bilstein PSS9 coil overs, Poplar trim and original 19" RS6 wheels.

I'm based in Calgary but the car is going to spend some time in Vancouver getting some maintenance done before I drive it back to Calgary in the spring time. Can't wait to drive it through the Rockies.

I've learned lots from reading the forum over the year an look forward to participating in discussions and of course asking for advice.

The RS6 will join my RS2 in the garage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3976.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	18710

Looks awesome! Congrats on the purchase, and we are gonna need some pics of the RS2 please

Congrats. Wish you lots of happy traveling miles on your new purchase. Welcome aboard.

Congrats!

Congrats, welcome to RS6.com, and what a beautiful machine!

Thanks guys, I'm really anxious to dive into this and see what shape its it. That's always the risk importing a car sight unseen. I've had a B5 S4 Avant and an allroad so I've done the timing belt jobs on those V6's which from what I can tell are pretty close to the V8 so I'm pretty confident I can handle the regular maintenance side of owning an RS6. It definitely seems like the type of car you need to be able to do a lot of work on yourself. Being a 2004 I'm hoping the transmission issues are less problematic than it seems to be in the early 2003's.

Here are a few more photo's and a couple of the RS2.

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (8).jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	18711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (67).jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	18712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (56).jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	18713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (152).jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	18714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB00367.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	18715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB00441.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	18716

That rs2 is gorgeous...and the rs6 isnt bad either...haha

Quite a car collection, color me jealous...wish it was easier for us in the USA to import and register.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Traveling back to AZ right now but a couple of notes.

Congrats on the purchase. She looks fantastic!!

AoA....you suck
    EPA... you suck

I had to resort to making/finishing my RS6 Avant but it's coming along nicely. Cosmetics are all that's left

There are three RS6 Avant imports nearing completion in AZ as I type this. Screw you AoA! We can import them and we can convert them.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Traveling back to AZ right now but a couple of notes.

Congrats on the purchase. She looks fantastic!!

AoA....you suck
    EPA... you suck

I had to resort to making/finishing my RS6 Avant but it's coming along nicely. Cosmetics are all that's left

There are three RS6 Avant imports nearing completion in AZ as I type this. Screw you AoA! We can import them and we can convert them.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming
    I have trouble waiting 15 years, feel really bad for the Americans having to wait another 10. Us Canadians will keep our cars in good shape to make it easy for you to import from here once they turn 25 rather than sourcing them from across the pond.

I admire your commitment to build one yourself though. A local guy up here just built a B7 RS4 Avant from an S4 Avant shell. It is amazing as I'm sure yours will be.

At least the S6 Avant shell is the same. It's pretty straightforward to swap the entire running gear with subframe assembly front and rear.

Then its sourcing all the RS specific bumpers, rockers and spoiler.

In retrospect, It might have been easier to marry a Canadian super model and move to Canada. Lol

Very cool - very welcome!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm really anxious to dive into this and see what shape its it. That's always the risk importing a car sight unseen.
    Very true.

To make you sleep better I remember reading an article in EVO saying that the Japs are very honest.

So they declare everything. WYSIWYG.

Let us know how it develops...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Very true.

To make you sleep better I remember reading an article in EVO saying that the Japs are very honest.

So they declare everything. WYSIWYG.

Let us know how it develops...
    Their government auctions are very well run. Cars are registered every 2 years and info such as mileage and collisions are reported during those registrations. All this info is provided to the auction houses and the penalties are very high for reporting false information. All this gives the buyers some piece of mind.

Fingers crossed.

Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

​I wish the US models got those front seats as well, they are so much better then the US specs ones. Your RS2 is amazing.

Dave, great buy. I know you will enjoy every mile in the RS6 when not putting hours in with the RS2.

I have a 2003 RS6 Avant that I just don't drive enough. Now with winter descending on Michigan I will break out an S6 Avant with winter tires. It is still my favorite driving car but of course lacks the monster brakes and HP.

Look forward to some more pictures when it gets into regular service.

Rick
    2003 RS6 Avant, 2002 S6 Avant, 2007 S8, 96 993 Turbo, 34 Morgan SS, 46 MG TC.

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Dave, great buy. I know you will enjoy every mile in the RS6 when not putting hours in with the RS2.

I have a 2003 RS6 Avant that I just don't drive enough. Now with winter descending on Michigan I will break out an S6 Avant with winter tires. It is still my favorite driving car but of course lacks the monster brakes and HP.

Look forward to some more pictures when it gets into regular service.

Rick
    This is a lovely car, an elegant beast with plenty of luggage space. Happy motoring!

My RS6A was on display at the opening of the new Audi dealer here in town, parked next to an R8, RS5 Cab and a TTRS. The (outgoing) president of AoA was one of the speakers. He mentioned motorsport heritage, enthusiastic owners, etc. then he said, "I particularly like the black Avant over there".

I'll be stashing it away for the winter as well, to be driving the S6 with Michelin X Ice tires.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964

I'm running just as fast as I can.

Mechanicals are all finished. Just installed the Kwv3s

wheels and tires then paint work. All done

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	18718

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Co View Post
    This is a lovely car, an elegant beast with plenty of luggage space. Happy motoring!

My RS6A was on display at the opening of the new Audi dealer here in town, parked next to an R8, RS5 Cab and a TTRS. The (outgoing) president of AoA was one of the speakers. He mentioned motorsport heritage, enthusiastic owners, etc. then he said, "I particularly like the black Avant over there".

I'll be stashing it away for the winter as well, to be driving the S6 with Michelin X Ice tires.
    Can't believe that I completed it 5 years ago.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide