Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some kind of Oil mixed in the Coolant tank....any idea?

Can always eBay....buyin' sellin'. To me it's about bang for the buck. If I had unlimited $$, I wouldn't be driving this. But this is the fastest thing I can afford, and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Can always eBay....buyin' sellin'. To me it's about bang for the buck. If I had unlimited $$, I wouldn't be driving this. But this is the fastest thing I can afford, and I love it!
    e-Bay price+S&H to Japan......
    I hear you....if I have unlimited $$$$, I would keep C5RS6 and get C7RS6 (of course without DRC!!), hehehe.
    I tried C6RS6, sure it has juice but I like C5 better somehow. I guess more fun to drive for me.

But the reality is that I have to deal with my financial situation like you do.
    I am trying to figure out to save money to fix the problem.
    If I take my car to an Audi dealer, they will rip me off badly.
    I will get necessary parts from the US and have mechanic fix the problem.
    That way, I will be able to fix the problem with the same $ as buying parts in Japan!!

Best regard,
    Coco

My oil cooler was leaking coolant about a month ago.
    The dealership did a pressure test on the coolant system and the oil cooler tube was cracked and there was a hole in the radiator.

Start with the cheapest first... do a pressure test on the coolant system...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    My oil cooler was leaking coolant about a month ago.
    The dealership did a pressure test on the coolant system and the oil cooler tube was cracked and there was a hole in the radiator.

Start with the cheapest first... do a pressure test on the coolant system...
    Thanks Ben,

I will talk to my mechanic about it next week after long weekend will be over.
    So in your case, you replaced radiator and oil cooler tube?
    No coolant got into your motor?

Best regards,
    Coco

You already know the coolant system leaks. There is oil in it. Unless it's not oil.

If your Engine Oil is clean, I am pretty sure its your Water to Oil cooler. Somehow Engine Oil gets into the coolant system and not Vice-Verse, Probably due to Pressure differences. Bad news is that the Bentley Manuel Says Engine Removal in order to replace. Hope that's not the Case. Good luck...........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

One more thing. If you mixed pink/purple coolant with some domestic sh*t, it will turn into a brown sludge.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    If your Engine Oil is clean, I am pretty sure its your Water to Oil cooler. Somehow Engine Oil gets into the coolant system and not Vice-Verse, Probably due to Pressure differences. Bad news is that the Bentley Manuel Says Engine Removal in order to replace. Hope that's not the Case. Good luck...........................
    Yep, this was me
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Hmm, Tozo's point is very interesting. Drain your coolant, refill with genuine Pentosin and see what happens. Maybe no leak at all.

But even before that, do what Ben916 suggests and do that coolant test. If it doesn't leak, someone put some "domestic s#1t" in your coolant and you really have no oil in your system.

Refill, relax, enjoy!

Pentofrost, not Pentosin. Yikes!

I wish I didn't know so much about Pentosin and Pentofrost...well it's good to know, but I really don't want to see them in my driveway again! Good luck with the repairs...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Resolution? Inquiring minds want to know.