Thread: 6 speed clutch master and pedal question

6 speed clutch master and pedal question

I'm going to replace my clutch master cylinder, hose and slave cylinder. I have a weird condition where my pedal comes up very slowly. I've noticed that there are two types of clutch pedals and two types of slave cylinders. One Clips in with a longer rod and one looks like it has a pin that holds it in with a shorter rod. Does anyone know if the slave just needs to match the pedal or is there anything else to take in to consideration like the entire pedal box may be different? Before I start pulling things apart I'd like to make sure that I'm not matching parts that will not work together properly. Obviously the ends will only fit one clutch pedal or the other but are they interchangeable as long as you have the pair?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D1721316K.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	17964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E1721401AL.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	17965

Wish I could be of more help. But all I remember from my research is the clip-in is the new style and the pin is the old style. I'm unsure whether they are interchangeable between pedal box but master cylinder has to match the pedal.

Have you tried bleeding the entire clutch system again? Usually when the master/slave fail they tend to leak fluid.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Wish I could be of more help. But all I remember from my research is the clip-in is the new style and the pin is the old style. I'm unsure whether they are interchangeable between pedal box but master cylinder has to match the pedal.

Have you tried bleeding the entire clutch system again? Usually when the master/slave fail they tend to leak fluid.
    Was bled recently. I also get some difficulty putting it in gear and slipping even though the clutch is newish. I'm going to do a slave, master and line and try it again. I feel like something might be binding up and not releasing 100%.I just wanted to make sure the rod was not too long and putting just a hair of pressure on the release fork.