Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on here?

What is going on here?

Guess my project for today.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Oh, oh, oh...I know, I know, I know

Teacher can I answer that question? Please?

Dammit that car is going to scream. I'm gonna get spanked in Colorado next month.

Me, me, me! um....something to do with..um..removing something?...heh heh..trans?
    Where did you get that engine support? Can you post pics of where those jack stands are placed?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Ok, Ok, OK! I will play your silly game..... what IS going on here???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

um, didn't we chat about this SLIGHTLY last night??

Also, with the Phaeton, no word/reply yet...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    um, didn't we chat about this SLIGHTLY last night??

Also, with the Phaeton, no word/reply yet...
    Yep! I managed to find the studs and nuts that I needed this morning, and tore into it at about 2:00. Nothing to it. If anyone has any specific photo requests, post them up here before it starts going back together.

Pat,

sorry for my ignorance, but what is this gonna do for your Rocket Ship 6?
    More spooling noise?

so the Oxygen Sensors before and after the CAT CAN BE REPLACED without an engine pull???

So what was the process, I see the engine support, and I am thinking you removed some big cross member from below?? By the way, how much weight can the fenders hold??

I too am curious about the position of the jack stand, it look like close to the normal jack point for the front ones, but the more rearward set?

This could mean another 30-50hp put down to the wheels.

Flow is good when you turn up the wick with more boost.

Primary cats kill flow and help create more backpressure.

Backpressure kills boost.

More boost, more flow, more power.

Dammit

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Pat,

sorry for my ignorance, but what is this gonna do for your Rocket Ship 6?
    More spooling noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    so the Oxygen Sensors before and after the CAT CAN BE REPLACED without an engine pull???
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    So what was the process, I see the engine support, and I am thinking you removed some big cross member from below?? By the way, how much weight can the fenders hold??

I too am curious about the position of the jack stand, it look like close to the normal jack point for the front ones, but the more rearward set?
    Alright, still hard at work here, but I took pics of the jack stand locations, and YES, the primary and secondary O2's can be changed without removing the engine assembly, as well as the EGT's, Transmission, and TC. All you need is a transverse bar to support the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    This could mean another 30-50hp put down to the wheels.

Flow is good when you turn up the wick with more boost.

Primary cats kill flow and help create more backpressure.

Backpressure kills boost.

More boost, more flow, more power.

Dammit
    Should sound damn cool too!

Oh hell yes

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Should sound damn cool too!

Great pics as always, be sure to post pics of everything! Wheel wells, on top engine, etc.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I finished up around 12:30, sounds spectacular! I have a ton of additional photos to post tomorrow, but for now I have to wind down with a couple more beers, and try to stop the bleeding on my right arm.

Ok, here's some additional photo's. For those wondering about the jack stands, the fronts were on the pinch weld lift point.

and the rears were placed further inboard at the alternate lift point.

Here's where the transverse bar was attached.

The upper strut mounts had to be removed to allow the suspension to drop as an assembly with the engine cradle.

And don't forget to disconnect the level sensor!

An additional jack was placed under the engine cradle for additional safety.

You can see here that the prop shaft has to be disconnected from the output shaft of the transmission, to allow enough movement of the engine/trans.

Here's a before pick of the precat about to meet it's fate.

And here is an after photo.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Removing the downpipes was the easy part, at about 3 hours. It took about 3-4 hours to get the metal substrate catalyst material out of the downpipe. It was absolutely excruciating, even with an pneumatic air chisel. So, 3 hours to remove, 2.5 to reinstall, but 4 just to gut the pipes. I wish I was getting paid the 22 hours of labor the dealer gets to do this.

Removing the pre cats is a good thing, welcome to the club : ) did you relocate the oxygen sensors, or have them coded out? I did the later on mine.
    E60 M5, killed, 2002 Viper killed, what is next!?