Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Nope. Removed turn signal bulb and stuck a hook pick in there and pulled on the center of the amber until it snapped in half. I then kept nipping at the edge of the amber with a small set of cutters until all the amber fell out of the hole.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Ok cool I know this way was possible on my b5 s4 but wasn't sure on the RS, thanks.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Interesting thing. I was planning on ordering some of the chrome 3457 lights that light up blood orange. I have them on my trucks clear corners and love them. I didnt have any in stock so I just threw in a pair of 3157 bulbs. These are the standard tail/brake light bulb, no amber tinted glass. Little dimmer than a 3457 that the car calls for. Now I am debating with just keeping them in there. They seem to have a yellowish tint to them and when flashing its more pronounced. I may just leave them be.

Oh I must have this! Debating about getting the carbon fiber one or just the regular one and having it painted to match. Cost would be about the same. It would cover the damage on the bottom half perfectly since i cant seem to find an OEM bumper in good condition thats not an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Oh I must have this! Debating about getting the carbon fiber one or just the regular one and having it painted to match. Cost would be about the same. It would cover the damage on the bottom half perfectly since i cant seem to find an OEM bumper in good condition thats not an arm and a leg.
    I don't immediately recognize on sight, is that the Cupra R lip? I vote for body paint matching, Mugello is just too pretty to have a big CF bottom lip...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    I don't immediately recognize on sight, is that the Cupra R lip? I vote for body paint matching, Mugello is just too pretty to have a big CF bottom lip...

O_E
    It's from the special order Stephen(?) put in a few years ago I think. Mold from a Japanese company, around 20 produced, $2k cost or so? There are a few on here. The negative I see to it, besides cost, is you can see the outline/edge where it slips over the original bumper cover, just seems like it would stand out as a tacked on piece. Now from the front at a distance it does look great.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Not a Cupra lip. A custom one piece CF that is a snug slip over OEM bumper skin. $2K'ish new yes - largely due to handling challenges for a high end piece that was constructed off continent and is large and awkward in size. Have only seen one for sale since the original limited group buy and it's now in my garage....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Just to add to it, do not by a Cupra Carbon lip, it does not bend and does not fit our bumper, I was able to re-sell it luckily. You can bend a basic Cupra plastic lip to fit I believe, bit cheap though.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The spoiler is a Kohlenstoff piece. It is from Japan. They still make them and it takes 4-6 weeks to get them. They are $1000 shipped in carbon fiber or they are $650 shipped for FRP (whatever that is) or $900 shipped in FRP and painted.

FRP (whatever that is)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibre-reinforced_plastic
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Thanks. Guess I could have used the googler on the interwebz toaster. LOL

The spoiler is a Kohlenstoff piece. It is from Japan. They still make them and it takes 4-6 weeks to get them. They are $1000 shipped in carbon fiber or they are $650 shipped for FRP (whatever that is) or $900 shipped in FRP and painted.
    Nice find, http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274

Wonder if they dropped the price since the mold had been payed for, or if it's value of the Yen. Shipping seems cheap though, I would think it would be at least $3-400, deals.

See if they'll do a group buy and i guess i'll have to bite... ugh
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice find, http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274

Wonder if they dropped the price since the mold had been payed for, or if it's value of the Yen. Shipping seems cheap though, I would think it would be at least $3-400, deals.

Ask them if a group buy is an option, they've done it before.

Get the frp

You hit anything with the cf and its done.

Sold mine

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Get the frp

You hit anything with the cf and its done.

Sold mine
    I agree and that was a big concern of mine. On one hand the CF ties in well with the CF interior but on the other hand the FRP has a little flex and when color matched I really love the way they look. I love my fog lamps but the nose looks so good without them and that spoiler that I may be willing to give them up.

Yippie! Finally got a manual! Yeah its a stupid thing to be excited about but the struggle was real. LOL