Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Oh my feaking laughing my a $$ off right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I spoke with my lawyer and really its a slam dunk win due to my witnesses and picture documentation but the cost would exceed the price of a driveshaft by a whole lot.
    Go through small claims court. You can do the filing yourself with very little cost. The dealership would have to weigh cost/benefit of fighting the claim. Then if you win- you have a public document to expose their sorry service. Do it Do it!! I've done it several times and won each time. It is a good feeling when you win and you look the loser in the eye with a big ol grin...;0
    210K miles rolled

I have to weight the cost/benefit as well. I am a shop owner that has already closed my shop for 6 hours while I go to deal with this dealer. At $75 per hour it is fast becoming not worth my time. I have made a deal with a member on here and as soon as he gives me his PP info I will send the cash for the D/S and get it on its way and try to enjoy my car instead of being stressed over it.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

^Gotta make choices. The personal satisfaction was worth it, and did not involve much time (probably 2-3 hours as the court is only two blocks from my house). With any luck- you spend 30 minutes filling out the claim- the other party receives it and decides they should do the right thing in lieu of having their sorry business practices out in the public record.

Sounds like you have a plan- I hope you get to enjoy it after all the effort. Good luck!
    Last edited by MaxRS6; October 24th, 2015 at 18:15.
    210K miles rolled

Well its kinda good the member here has not gotten back to me. I sold my spare sub, the drone and the timing kit so now I can order the brand new high speed balanced shaft with HD CVs and carrier. Sweet!!!!

I would go w known good used oem.

Whats wrong with new OEM?

Audi North Austin "Tech"

^hahaha....so many things...so little time...
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I would go w known good used oem.
    Thank you for your advice and I will use it again. Have used low mile RS6 shaft in route some time this week. Thanks to TTboost!

Audi North Austin responded to my BBB claim today. What a bunch of pompous asses.

"Looking into the history of the vehicle, the car was titled to Mr. Lindsey on 09/02/15. The complaint would have you believe this car was his for years based on his knowledge of what had been done to the car. The car was towed (by Audi of America) to our facility in an inoperable condition. It was leaking gas and a recall was the source of the requested repair. For the record the car was towed to us on 09/18/15 or 16 days after his purchase. I will mention again, in an inoperable condition. Starting a vehicle that is spraying gas would be reckless and dangerous. Additional research shows this vehicle has had 4 owners, 2 accidents and 26 repair orders while under warranty. We do not see any service records in Audi's national database after 07/18/2011. I would guess many people have worked on this car besides Audi trained technicians including body shops and the aftermarket installer of the exhaust system. We simply performed a recall. Upon completion the technician started the vehicle and the car was vibrating enough to turn it off and notify the customer. We did not drive the car prior to or after the work was completed. The smart remark about the 22 days and Mr. Collier… The length in our shop was based on waiting for a gas tank on a 12 year old vehicle (not a stock item). The first one ordered arrived with transport damage, so we then had to order a second tank. The repair was only performed once all the parts were on site. Mr. Collier’s office has a glass wall facing the shop. The work was performed in a stall nearest his office. If a tech was to “drop” a driveshaft, not only would the noise be loud enough to scare people in the shop, it would be obvious to most people in the building. The part is not small, light or easily moved. I would also say a drive shaft would be more likely damaged from a front or rear collision (again two accidents reported on the vehicle history report). Just to be clear, the vehicle was listed online by the selling dealer (JD Motors) with 79,577 miles. The car was towed in (inoperable) with 79,791 miles (214 miles of ownership). To make a claim pertaining to the exhaust that “other Audi dealers remove and reinstall several times during the cars previous $15,000 in service” seems strange for a car that has been owned for 16 day and 214 miles. The title works shows his purchase price of $15,995. Who spent $15,000 on service? All that would conclude is that we are not the only ones to work on the car. The exhaust is not fitted per the OEM specs. It may operate with the aftermarket system installed, but it is not a 100% fit. Based on our data, we will agree to disagree on this vehicle. Twelve years old, 4 owners, 2 accidents and all of 16 days and 214 miles of “knowledge” on Mr. Lindsey’s side does not warrant us to be liable for any additional work."

This was the compliant sent to BBB. As it was the first time I ever used it I thought it was just posted to an open site and wrote it as such.

"I have a 2003 RS6 that was one of the best driving and smoothest machines I have ever owned. I made the mistake of letting Audi of North Austin perform a nation wide fuel tank recall due to fuel spillage. After 3 weeks they notified me the car was complete but is undriveable due to a severe vibration under acceleration. They suggested to bring a tow truck to bring the car back home 100 miles away. Upon picking up the car I noticed my exhaust was not mounted. In hopes this was the vibration issue I asked to have them look at it. The "tech" stated it has a cheap aftermarket exhaust and he didn't know how to slip two pipes together. I should point out it has a $6000 Miltek exhaust on it that other Audi dealers have removed and reinstalled several times during the cars previous $15,000 in services. The tech was very rude and instructed me to bring it to an exhaust shop. Upon getting the car home I put it in the air as I own a 5 star rated mechanic shop. I instantly noticed many issues. They bent and tore most of the exhaust heat shields, used a screw driver and scratched through the paint to mark the carrier bearings location, they did not index the driveshaft, left the new fuel tank straps unbolted by over 1/2", did not put the brake lines back in their anchors, broke the parking brake retainer clip and used a zip tie to fix it but the MAJOR issue is they had dropped the drive-shaft thus bending the forward CV joint now making it oval shaped. That is the cause of the vibration. They ruined a perfect driving car and refuse to take responsibility even though I have two ASE Master techs and one Audi tech all confirming the day Audi of North Austin received the car that the car was 100% smooth and drove to perfection. I implore you to never go to Audi of North Austin. The technician is incompetent and a liar. The service manager Morris Collier is not only rude but incompetent. He informed me he watched the car the entire time. If he spent 22 days watching my car then he has a strange job that he is overpaid for. There is no doubt the driveshaft was dropped and damaged. The impact mark is fresh, the damage is obvious."

I have already responded. I should have taken more care and time on my response but I read theirs and was very upset. I never implied or claimed I owned the car for longer than I had. I was very upfront with Audi about that. I have records. I have proof. Also the car was in one accident which was minor but did require a new bumper and grill set. It had later adjustments done that were attached to the original accident but since it has a separate claim number it shows as two. Also I am the third owner. Not sure when dealers were counted as owners but whatever.

Here was my response:
    "I am rejecting this response because:Being that it is an Audi it is easy to get service history and records from any Audi dealership should the appropriate footwork be completed. I have the cars service records from the first day sold all the way until 77488 miles when the car was at Audi Central Houston. The service writer and technician at that dealer are very familiar with the vehicle and have worked on it through the last two owners. I have all documents to show this. I also have records showing when the exhaust was installed back in 2008. Since the exhaust was installed the car has been at an Audi dealership for repairs 14 times. During those times on 4 separate occasions the exhaust was removed BY THE DEALER and reinstalled after work was completed. One time for a replacement torque convertor, once for front oxygen sensors, once for various engine repairs and once to have the recall done. The 5th time the exhaust was removed it was at Audi North Austin. Two other Texas dealers could install the exhaust, it really is a simple process, yet Audi North Austin could not.
    Now the car was requested to be brought to Audi North Houston on a tow truck by Audi Of America. I offered to drive the car down there as it was not "Spraying fuel" as the dealer just stated but it would leak some if over 2/3 full. The car was down to a half tank of fuel thus no longer leaked fuel. As to why the car was not driven into their service bay is beyond me. I suspect because they do not have any RS trained technicians. I have several witnesses that will attest to the cars driving condition the day it was brought to Audi. I have two ASE Master techs, one Audi trained and certified tech as well as a retired DEA agent and one active Navy Lt that will all attest to the cars perfectly smooth driving characteristics the day it was retrieved by Audi. Being as I had just serviced the transmission I know for a fact that the driveshaft was not damaged in any way. As the dealer states I did put a couple hundred miles on the vehicle. If it had previous damage I would not have been able to drive the vehicle as the dealer and their technician states. The car is undriveable. Upon further inspection I did see the damaged drive shaft CV joint and after removing the heat shields that Audi North Austin damaged I could see where the CV joint has a fresh impact FROM BEING DROPPED on the CV joint which has ovaled it.
    The car now requires a very expensive driveshaft. Further more the dealer neglected to completely attach the fuel tank to the car, they did not put the brake lines back in their brackets, they broke a parking brake cable retainer and used a zip tie to fix it and scratched through the paint in a vain attempt to try and repair their mistake.
    They received a running driving car and returned a vehicle that could not be driven and was assembled poorly to the point I believe I will have to redo all the work that was done to check for other mistakes. I am not being unreasonable in my request to have the dealer reimburse me for the drive shaft they damaged as well as the tow fee to retrieve the car they damaged.

Regards,

William Lindsey Iii"

Bill

BBB is going to get you nowhere. File suit and be done with it. Don't know the laws in TX, but here in VA if you're suing a company rather than an individual, it goes to open court, not small claims (since companies must have representation, and that's not allowed in small claims court).

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Someone moved my "all in good fun" poo message....

In any event- appears you chose the forum's advice...to take Dave's always spot on advice. We all hope you get it corrected and ripping many smiles. Why do I have a strange feeling this thread may end up in legal (counselor, legal eagle, law hawk, bloodsucker, best friend when in trouble, {insert other here}) hands- please enjoy the poo

Last edited by MaxRS6; October 28th, 2015 at 20:37.
    210K miles rolled

New shaft just installed and she is smooth as silk again! Feels so good to drive her. Love this car.
    We now have a better understanding of exactly what happened. I noticed as I was holding the shaft and my buddy was unbolting it from the trans that the oblonged part matched the shaft neck when it was in a downward position. Out of curiosity I started to let it down more and more until I saw that the ovaled part fit perfectly into the shaft. Knowing I had seen an impact mark on the forward CV before I looked closer and it appears more like a power tool slipped and just knicked it.
    The actual damage (ovaling of CV) happened due to them unhooking the carrier but leaving the shaft connected to the car and rear and then using their lift they dropped the rear subframe down to near ground level and the shaft itself bent the CV. That or they just disconected it from the rear as well and let the shaft hang from the trans.

ttboost, thanks again. So freakin happy.

Surprise surprise surprise

Now where are those data logs

Now lets put the screws to Audi in Austin. Time for court

I will try to do the data next weekend. Since this crap started I never ordered my Vagcom and have to borrow my friends. He keeps it at work so I will have him bring it home Friday.

Also I can see why the Audi "tech" could not put my exhaust back together. It took a special trick. I had to grab each pipe and slip them together and then tighten the single 15mm nut. Very complex, I could see his issue.
    Last edited by LaserSVT; November 1st, 2015 at 01:44.

I love this car so much. Many sports cars went home butt hurt.

My favorite one:
    Me: That SRT8 (Challenger) sounds alright. Is it quick?
    SRT: (laughs) Hell yeah! Wanna me to launch it?
    Me: Okay, if you feel like it. Mind if I launch with you?
    SRT: (looks at my car and laughs) Yeah, sure.

So as I instantly pulled 4-5 cars on him and continued to pull I let out so he could come up next to me. Their faces were priceless. LOL
    I messed up though. Guess he was the hot car on the strip. Nobody else would play.