Thread: Misfires On all Cylinders - Help

Hybrid View

Gregg, the misfire counter resets after something like 300 or 500 misfires, starts over at zero. I'm following this as it is probably different from my issue. Haven't been able to do any runs on the car with the unusual amount of snow we have gotten. After the car sitting for almost 3yrs it fired up in seconds. Idled great. After a few runs it developed a misfire all cylinders on Bank 2? Shared Plenum so I figure it can't be an intake issue but either fuel or spark. Recently I just started it up and it seemed to have migrated to only cylinder 5? I've now drained the fuel (Almost 3yrs old) and replaced with Ethanol free 93 (Euro about 99~100) Octane. Going to confirm this week if it is spark or an injector.
    Cruzan, with all that said are you sure your intake was seated well? With the MAF's connected electrically and misaligned you will get a miss. You can either re-/seat them and check or just unplug the MAF's and check the misfires. Could you have gotten bad fuel, of course with our general crappy fuel additives and common 10% Ethanol fuel but like you said, I think it would have been under a load you noticed it. Anything else done recently not mentioned in your first post?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Gregg, the misfire counter resets after something like 300 or 500 misfires, starts over at zero. I'm following this as it is probably different from my issue. Haven't been able to do any runs on the car with the unusual amount of snow we have gotten. After the car sitting for almost 3yrs it fired up in seconds. Idled great. After a few runs it developed a misfire all cylinders on Bank 2? Shared Plenum so I figure it can't be an intake issue but either fuel or spark. Recently I just started it up and it seemed to have migrated to only cylinder 5? I've now drained the fuel (Almost 3yrs old) and replaced with Ethanol free 93 (Euro about 99~100) Octane. Going to confirm this week if it is spark or an injector.
    Cruzan, with all that said are you sure your intake was seated well? With the MAF's connected electrically and misaligned you will get a miss. You can either re-/seat them and check or just unplug the MAF's and check the misfires. Could you have gotten bad fuel, of course with our general crappy fuel additives and common 10% Ethanol fuel but like you said, I think it would have been under a load you noticed it. Anything else done recently not mentioned in your first post?
    Yes I did verify the intake was seated well, I did wrap one layer of electrical tape around the portion that actually seats in the intake manifold - it seemed to snug up the fit. I am going to do some Vag Com monitoring of the various measuring blocks that you guys suggested. It is just odd that no other errors or codes are showing up. The only thing to add is this condition arose after the following: I was going to lunch with a group about 2 weeks, had 5 people in the car. The car was running for about 10 mins after setting for the morning. I did proceed to "hammer it" to get across a intersection - the car also has a stage one tune (Addict Motorsports). As I came up to a light after the event, it is when the misfiring began.